Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am madder than $%*

My step daughter and her family said they were coming out to visit today at about 2:30. Well, that is fine because I am not cooking for anyone. Plus, she has had lap band too. Anyway, they just called and said they are coming at 4:30 instead. Just in time for dinner. Well, that really pissed me off. They never come out here(they live 20 miles away) without us cooking up a ton of food. But, I can count on 2 fingers in 25 years that she has cooked for us.

So, anyway DH is feeling guilty that we are not cooking and so he is off to the store to get stuff to cook. Hot dogs, chips, dip. Now, how am I supposed to turn my back on that???? I am 1 month out from lapband. I started solids this week and I am having a difficult time not over eating. This is very inconsiderate on everyone's part, I think. God, help me!!!! I am so angry that I do not know how I can be civil to them when they get here. Plus, she is raising her two grandkids and they are wilder than wolves. Pray for me!!! Hopefully you will not see me on CNN of FoxNews tonight.:)

P.S. I will be the one clutching a hot dog in both hands!!!!:hungry:

Hi

Yip, I would me pissed to...the question were they invited for lunch or to come and visit? If anything the lady should stop and think you and the fact you just had surgery.

I'd just not do the cooking and excuse yourself to a different room. Be dramatic and say you can't handle being around food right now.

Hell get a head ache and go to your bedroom and leave them to themselves.

Not that two wrongs equal a right, but your allowed to be pissy, you just had surgery.

If I were you, I would definitely tell them that it is very inconsiderate of them to be doing this when you are only one month post op(hubby too).***a big hug for you***

Well, thanks for all the hugs. I got through the evening. I ate my tuna, while my step daughter ate 2 hot dogs and a handful of Cookies. She had lapband in October of last year and wonders why she has lost only 20 pounds. Well, go figure!! But thanks for letting me rant and rave and thanks for all the hugs.