Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy to say.... 3 days post op a d feeling pretty great!

The first two days were ROUGH and the third day was no picnic....but by the 4th day, thanks be to God I feel like a million dollars!

I wanted to share some of my discomfort so you know there is light at the end of tunnel....don't despair!

1. I felt incredible gas pain and wanted to punch the nurse and doctors when they would smile and say walk walk walk... shut your face!!!

2. By the second day they gave me liquids and it felt like liquid glass going down my throat and afterwards it felt like life sucking pressure in my chest that made me bed for sweet death. I could not breath. Enter nurse... walk walk walk. SHUT YOUR FACE!

3. BY the 3rd day I was convinced that I had spent all that money in a sadistic surgery without hope. I truly wished for a painless death. My doctor came in and told me that my stitching site was very inflamed and each time that I drank... it was aggravating my incision. He also told me to rest and take a high dosage of anti inflamatory drugs.

By day 4....birds were singing once again and I felt less murdery toward the nursing staff. The inflamation had gone away and i could drink liquids, keep things down and it has been great. I'm being discharged in a few minutes.

**keep up the hope, if you are struggling remember that the pain is only temporary!!!!

I'm on day 3 post op and while my pain has turned to more of a tenderness in my belly, the rolling gas pains I am still having in my chest make me want to scratch someone's eyes out! I do feel much better today than surgery day and day 2 post op but getting liquids in is still tricky for me and nothing is appetizing.

I've been told it gets better each day so I am just biding my time and walking and burping, lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for the hope . I'm on day 3 and can't see the light

It will come sally. Hang in there in two day you will be very happy! I lost 7 pounds in 4 day. I'm happy!

I'm on day 3 post op and while my pain has turned to more of a tenderness in my belly, the rolling gas pains I am still having in my chest make me want to scratch someone's eyes out! I do feel much better today than surgery day and day 2 post op but getting liquids in is still tricky for me and nothing is appetizing.

I've been told it gets better each day so I am just biding my time and walking and burping, lol!!

It DOES get better.... don't scratch eyes out.... but have lots of thoughts of doing so...it helps lol just don't do it lol

22 minutes ago, beckstar76 said:

day 3 was the turning point for me. Felt 100,000,000 times better.

I'm just hoping that today I can actually sip liquids and not get that sharp pain in my chest. How much air do they put in us? This is crazy!! Lol!!

Sleeping is a challenge as I am not a back sleeper and find that my lower back and hips hurt so I often have to change positions or get up and walk and then lay down again.

How often after your surgery did you step on a scale just to check in?

I was weighed before surgery and then for giggles I asked for be weighed at discharge. I lost 7 pounds the 4 days I was in the hospital. The doctor suggested to weigh each week. I was having the same sharp pain... it was agonizing. The doctor said some people have more inflammation of the stitching site....he gave me anti flamatory drugs and problem solved!

I guess that is why I am having the pain too, the hiatel hernia that was repaired. Today I successfully got in one Protein Shake, a little crystal light and a lot of ice chips--so small step the right way!

I find that now as I sip I don't get the pain, but I do get 5-10 minutes later. I guess that is progress too.

I weighed myself today just to check in and compared to when o weighed myself last Wednesday I am down 9.2 lbs so that was super exciting to see!!

Keep it up people!!!

I spent 4 days instead of 1 because my surgeon said if he released me before I was drinking enough I would just be right back for dehydration

progress starts in the mind

You were in the hospital for four days?
Why is that?
I thought the surgery was outpatient?

No...not at all. 4 days for me and trust me... I needed every single one of those days to feel better and ready for home

No...not at all. 4 days for me and trust me... I needed every single one of those days to feel better and ready for home

That is interesting.
It must depend on the surgeon, as I have heard others on here have gone home the same day.