Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you feel when you woke up?

I remember waking up feeling sick then I looked to my right and some one was knocked out next to me scary but no pain woke up about 10 pm to my phone texts off my kids sayin dad are you alive lol ?

The first few minutes were the worst for sure. Deep slow breathing and drugs help...

Well done jersey ?? you will soon be on your feet in about 3. Months you will say it's the best thing you have done 236lbs now 183lbs it's hard but we can do this ?

I just had my surgery yesterday and I do remember being in pain they gave me something right away. I did have gas which they eventually gave me drops to help with it. I was also nauseous but it got much better as time passed. I slept a lot.

Well done Keebie ?

Thanks for the video! Totally truthful with that bit of humor too! My sleeve is scheduled for 3/22........ excited yet nervous which I expected. Often times I've thought...... I can do this on my own without surgery...... then I tell myself, if that's true then why haven't I? Funny cuz I had just finished the exact same shake (starting to try them out) and didn't care for the strawberries and cream at all...... but the bananas and cream is to die for!!!

I'm one week post op and it was a tough week but every day made progress. I feel pretty good now and I'm down 30 lb between pre op diet and this week. Best advice is get your a## up right away in the recovery room to pee and keep doing it while the pain meds are still on the drip. Moving and sitting alleviated a lot of gas pain and you don't realize how full your bladder is and that relieves discomfort as well. Just keep repeating to yourself that it is a process and you have to go through every step. I ate a lot of ice chips and kept going to the bathroom throughout my 2 day stay.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Pain, drug haze, emotional. Pain was pretty bad, was doped up till I left. Was rolling hard on Vicodin for the next two weeks. Had VGS, Hiatal Hernia repair and gallbladder removal which was more complicated than expected.

3 hours ago, ljbates said:

Thanks for the video! Totally truthful with that bit of humor too! My sleeve is scheduled for 3/22........ excited yet nervous which I expected. Often times I've thought...... I can do this on my own without surgery...... then I tell myself, if that's true then why haven't I? Funny cuz I had just finished the exact same shake (starting to try them out) and didn't care for the strawberries and cream at all...... but the bananas and cream is to die for!!!

If you think you can do it on your own , watch my first video the 23 minute one. It explains how i backed out 2 years ago and how I would up back to this point. I too thought I didnt need help. Also my cousin who had the procedure in August uses the banana shake as Creamer in her coffee.

Watch this video if your having doubts about doing the surgery and think you can do it on your own.

Edited by JerseyJules

1 hour ago, LittleLizzieLilliput said:

Pain, drug haze, emotional. Pain was pretty bad, was doped up till I left. Was rolling hard on Vicodin for the next two weeks. Had VGS, Hiatal Hernia repair and gallbladder removal which was more complicated than expected.

Damn, you had the trifecta of pain!!!

I was kind of in a daze, but my first thought was OMG, I really did this and was so excited that I was still alive. Yeah, really. I just listened to all the commotion and nurse chatter going on in the recovery room. The nurse said they would be moving me to a surgical care unit for an hour and then up to my room. I just remember waking up in my room, I think the nurse woke me to go over the logistics of the room and how to administer the pain meds and how to call for them. I was pleased to see it was a private room and really huge. I was hooked up to so many things (fluids, pain meds, medical socks that apply pressure), heart monitor, cateter (although they did pull that out first thank God), ugh, probably forgetting something, I couldn't freely get up. The nurse set up my cell phone with longggggggggggggg cord for me and I made my calls to let my family know I was alive, to let me sleep the rest of the day and to come the next day and spring me out. I did not any gas pain either. But I wasn't disconnected from all the stuff for many many hours, and that delayed my walking the halls. grrrrrrr

Horrible pain. I thought I was going to die from the pain.. lol. just when it got pretty bad, I blanked out, then woke up again to the same amount of discomfort, but no fear of death this time.. :D. I guess the morphine was starting to kick in.

Horrible pain. I thought I was going to die from the pain.. lol. just when it got pretty bad, I blanked out, then woke up again to the same amount of discomfort, but no fear of death this time.. default_biggrin.png. I guess the morphine was starting to kick in.

The pain... unreal isn't it x

3 minutes ago, Rachel79uk said:

The pain... unreal isn't it x

Yup!!

When I woke up, the only thing I remember thinking was why did I just go through with this, because I just did something that would change my life forever. I really had minimal pain. I only had Tramadol once, and that was because I was afraid I would be in pain. Other than that first dose after my surgery, I had no pain meds.