Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We have a bathroom but you can't use it

Yesterday I'm in a fabric store, pushing a shopping cart. In this weird series of events involving the cart's very grippy wheels, my heeled sandals that pointed my toes downward at just the right angle, and not paying attention, I managed to tear off the tip of my baby toe. At first I thought I had just stubbed it, but then the blood came.

So I see a bathroom and walk toward it and get yelled at by an elder employee - "You can't go in there! That's just for us!" So I tell her that I've hurt my foot and just need to stick my foot in the sink for a second, and use some paper towels. She looks at my foot and says "Oh no, no no. That's a bad idea. We don't want anyone getting AIDS."

lol

So - can YOU go get me a paper towel? And she says no, she has to watch the cash registers.

So I walked over to the $$$$ decorator fabric that was closest to me, grabbed all the free swatches out of the envelope, and wiped my toe, shoe, and made a makeshift bandage.

She says, "I can't believe you did that, that's like $30 in fabric right there!"

Ok, free therapy rant over. :confused:

wow.that emplyee is insane.they should have a first aid kit in the store and should let you use it to clean and wrap the wound. and they shold let you use the bathroom.i hope your toe is ok. places like that could be sued.

Ouch, if I had a dollar for every time I've stubbed my little toe on a fricking shopping trolley.....

What an idiot! Would she rather you schlepped blood all over the store?

Oh, the toe is fine, jsut a little purple. But I had no idea how many times I stub my toes. Now that it really hurts to do so, I'm much more aware of it, and it's a f-in lot!

What really got me was the "we don't want anyone to get AIDS."

When you hear something like that, it's almost surreal. It took a few seconds to register that she wasn't joking.

Toes are right out there and it is amazing how many times we bump them but patience and it will heal but as they say, you can't fix stupid and it makes you wonder how some people get out of bed in the morning...

I had the opposite reaction- I am on blood thinners so bleed easily and caught my finger on a grocery cart. It was bleeding so i did what I usually do and wrapped it in a kleenix till I could get a bandaid from the truck. The cashier sees this and says- oh my you are bleeding- ( well, duh I thought!) and gets on the pa - manager to lane 5 with the first aid kit. The manager and head cashier come running and about this time I wanted to crawl under my cart I was so embarrassed- you would have thought I cut off my leg by the reaction. I thought they were going to call an ambulance! I did get a bandaid and with my face bright red I paid and left. I go there every week and the cashiers now all know me which I guess can be a good thing.....

Uh, I'd call and get her name and write a letter to the corperation. Nothing threatening, just that her customer services skills are lacking or their policy is bad and regardless, only one in ten people complain so if you are the one there are nine others who she has turned off.

I write many letters.

That's a really good idea. Maybe if you write a letter,

they will send you a coupon for something free. I have

written letters when I had bad service, and was

sent gift certificates for free meals, merchandise,

etc.

OHJuli- Me too! In the past couple of years, I've gotten really frustrated with companies. And I'm a force to be reckoned with if I'm a customer :rolleyes

I think it stems from (Do NOT EVER use "World Moving Services" aka National Relocation Services.. 100% SCAM company) a couple years ago when we moved back to Alabama, we were robbed of nearly $3,000 on this bogus company. We wanted to sue, but it says if you want to take them to court, you have to do it in their county (Somewhere in south Florida), and costs to do so wouldn't be worth it. But I try to let as many people as I know, know about it. Ever since then, I am extremely skeptical and bitter.

I write a lot of letters to companies to let them know of bad service, or lazy service, etc. And if I get any inkling they are trying to pull one over on me, I will cuss and yell. Long story but we won't ever have satellite again either! I actually get anxiety attacks when we get flyers for it in the mail!

Anyway.. if it's a big corporation place, where the upper management would care to know how the employee was treating you, I'd definitely let them know. And let them know you splattered your aids on the fabric instead of the bathroom. :whoo:

I write letters of complaints if need be but I don't do it unless I write to two other companies telling them how great they are. Businesses only hear the nasty complaining and swearing but we don't take enough time to compliment the good places.

If I can't find two places that did something really great then I don't write to the bad company. I realize at that point that it is me and not the rest of the world. HA!