Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 4 Months Post Op With Pain

Hello everyone,

I am up early this morning with pain that I have been experiencing off and on for the past few days. I am over 15 weeks post op, gastric sleeve surgery.

A few days ago, I noticed that I started getting nauseated after eating. Yesterday and the day before the nausea led to vomiting a couple of times. I've also noticed that I am not eating as much as usual and I feel fuller more quickly. It is almost to the point where I have no appetite.

The pain I am experiencing is pretty bad at the moment. It's across my stomach area, almost under the ribs and it radiates to my back. No changes in my bowel movements... most of the time I am on the constipated side.

I'm getting plenty of fluids.

Any ideas? I am thinking that I might need to call the doctor before the weekend gets here.

No, I haven't done and exercises or anything that could have caused a strain, etc.

I am taking Miralax and just took some Milk of Magnesia at 4 this morning and that hasn't done anything yet, but usually does help with the Constipation.

Thank you for your input.

You need to see your doctor asap. That is to long to be having these issues. There could be a problem with your sleeve, I would not wait. better to be safe they sorry..

Like toot says, sounds like a classic gallbladder attack. You need an ultrasound to confirm, and they will want to do surgery to remove it.

If you don't have one, then I'm at a loss..

Hello and thank you all for your responses.

I am happy to say that after a lot of pain and an early morning trip to the ER after I posted here this morning, all is well for the most part.

All scans and xrays came back fine from the ER. They gave me a bag of IV fluids while I was there and morphine for the pain.

Slight dehydration and a wonderful classic case of Constipation. Gave me a prescription for something that I can't spell, but I believe it was something like "Go Lightly", only the nurse said, I would not go lightly upon taking it.

I'm so thankful that this wasn't a gallbladder issue or anything else serious.

Again, thank you for the help/responses.