Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much can you eat around 6 months post op? I feel at times that I can eat a lot more than I'm supposed to! I don't let myself because I'm scared to actually see how much. But for example: we were road tripping and I got a Wendy's Jr. Cheeseburger and was able to eat all but a bite. Is this completely out of the ordinary? I didn't at all feel over stuffed. It was the tiny kids cheeseburger that comes in their meal. Please don't post hateful stuff cause I ate a cheeseburger LOL. I eat very good 99% of the time. Thanks everyone. Also, I've lost 60 pounds so far, with about 40 more to go. I had surgery 9/12/16

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm six months lost 70 and maintaining since introducing carbs in vegetable and fruits. I'd like to lose another 8 pounds. I could probably eat the burger but not the bun, I wouldn't even attempt that. Certain foods fill me up while others do not. If I eat anything sweet I get a tummy ache. When road tripping I got two taco bell tacos but discarded the shells.

That sounds about right, I was told at this point (I'm 5 months out) I'd be able to have about a cup of food. Sometimes it depends on what exactly it is but that burger probably is about a cup if that. Think of how the bun can squish!

At 6 months and until I hit a year I'm suppose to eat half a cup of food then a year after its suppose to be for me 1 cup for the rest of my life to maintain and I found out the other day I could eat an entire bubba burger without the bun or veggies that was scary lol I'm 9 months out at goal 136

I'm at 7 months today and I don't have an issue eating a small burger...i usually take the top of the bun off just because i don't want the carbs and I can't eat the fries.

I am just shy of five months and finding that my appetite has returned a little. I still eat fairly small amounts, but find I am hungry about every 2-3 hours. I have eaten a Jr. Roast beef from arbys, removing the top bun after a bite or two. And i was okay. I was stuffed, but not in pain. Just make sure you are eating very slowly, and stop when you are satisfied. I use my fitness pal, and am a little astonished at how many calories foods are. I am eating about 1000 a day. My doctor said that is okay as long as I continue to work out 3-4 days a week. His instructions were "no less than 700, and try to stay around 1000 at the top end" Finding high Protein foods are pretty high calorie as well, but I just try again tomorrow to reign it in and stay distracted when hunger starts.

I am at about 3/4 cup of food per sitting. It takes about 30-90 minutes to eat a full banana. Usually I don't get through it all.

I am just shy of five months and finding that my appetite has returned a little. I still eat fairly small amounts, but find I am hungry about every 2-3 hours. I have eaten a Jr. Roast beef from arbys, removing the top bun after a bite or two. And i was okay. I was stuffed, but not in pain. Just make sure you are eating very slowly, and stop when you are satisfied. I use my fitness pal, and am a little astonished at how many calories foods are. I am eating about 1000 a day. My doctor said that is okay as long as I continue to work out 3-4 days a week. His instructions were "no less than 700, and try to stay around 1000 at the top end" Finding high Protein foods are pretty high calorie as well, but I just try again tomorrow to reign it in and stay distracted when hunger starts.
I am at about 3/4 cup of food per sitting. It takes about 30-90 minutes to eat a full banana. Usually I don't get through it all.

Thank you so much! This made me feel so much better! I can eat a thousand too, actually 1200 is average for me. I track every single bite of food I take in MyFitnessPal! LOL I'm kind of OCD about tracking it LOL. I know most people won't track a bite or two that they take of something, but I do, and sometimes I wonder if that's why my calorie count is higher. I know all my friends I've asked if they count the few times a day they have a bite or two of something, and they always say they don't track little stuff like that, so I don't know LOL. I just want to get this last 40 off! I'm ok with the weight loss slowing down a lot because my skin is having time to catch up it seems. Thanks so much for your honesty. Sometimes people can make you feel awful and it discourages a lot of people from being honest and posting.

I'm definitely hungry every 2-3 hours too! It's hard for me because I'm a stay at home mom and I'm cooking all day for my kids. It gets tough! I definitely have to have strength on a daily basis LOL. Thanks so much for replying!!!

That sounds about right, I was told at this point (I'm 5 months out) I'd be able to have about a cup of food. Sometimes it depends on what exactly it is but that burger probably is about a cup if that. Think of how the bun can squish!

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! Do you track your calories by any chance? Just asking cause it is seriously crazy how fast eating Protein jacks your calories up LOL.

10 hours ago, francesalisha79 said:

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! Do you track your calories by any chance? Just asking cause it is seriously crazy how fast eating Protein jacks your calories up LOL.

Yes, I track everything in My Fitness Pal too! I recently changed my calorie goal to 1000 and am able to get nearly 100g of Protein a day, which I didn't think possible a few months ago. Some days are more carby though -_- hehe. I think 1000-1200 cals per day at 6 months post op sounds right. Think about how we were eating before - I had 2500-3000 calorie days on the regular! So glad I'm not there anymore.

I'm six months out lost 75 lbs but I find myself wanting to eat sweets that are no good for me like before I had my surgery it's really scary I don't want to gain the weight back but sometimes my thinking is out of control I need help any suggestions

Yes, I track everything in My Fitness Pal too! I recently changed my calorie goal to 1000 and am able to get nearly 100g of Protein a day, which I didn't think possible a few months ago. Some days are more carby though hehe. I think 1000-1200 cals per day at 6 months post op sounds right. Think about how we were eating before - I had 2500-3000 calorie days on the regular! So glad I'm not there anymore.

Thanks Gemigirl!!! I am the same with car by days! LOL

I'm about 6 months too and running into about the same issues. I find my hands in the work candy dish or taking a treat that is being offered to me. Pre-post op weight loss is 102 pounds. Not sure if I'm mentally moving into a "comfort zone". Scary! I've been trying to be better at food journaling. I've had a few crisis matters the last few months. I'm out of state from my surgeon and I'm looking forward to going to my 6 month check up so I can regroup.

How much can you eat around 6 months post op? I feel at times that I can eat a lot more than I'm supposed to! I don't let myself because I'm scared to actually see how much. But for example: we were road tripping and I got a Wendy's Jr. Cheeseburger and was able to eat all but a bite. Is this completely out of the ordinary? I didn't at all feel over stuffed. It was the tiny kids cheeseburger that comes in their meal. Please don't post hateful stuff cause I ate a cheeseburger LOL. I eat very good 99% of the time. Thanks everyone. Also, I've lost 60 pounds so far, with about 40 more to go. I had surgery 9/12/16

We are almost surgery date twinsies. I havnt tried a burger but I bet I could eat that much if I did. I am 6 months out and it seems I can eat quite a bit more the past month or so. Key is, stop when you feel the slightest resistance. I usually portion and measure but you can't really do that on the road.