Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having my Surgery tomorrow

Hi everyone ?

I'm having my surgery done at 9am tomorrow... The day is finally hereee lol. I'm a bit nervous & I have a few questions. Hopefully someone can help

Im curious on how the pain and feeling was when you first woke after surgery and I guess how did that day/night go?

Another thing is I've been experiencing what I think is tension headaches the past 3 days and I'm wondering if its something I should be concerned about and let my surgeon know... Any and ALL advice is appreciated .

Thanks so much . God bless

hi[emoji3] well first id like to wish you a lot of luck !! this is the first day of your new life!! i was sleeved a week ago, 2/10. im gonna be completely honest with my experience.. so here it goes. i got to the hospital at 545am.. did all my final paperwork and they put me in a room to wait for doc. they hooked me up to IVS and asked me questions.. blah blah blah.. i was feeling so nervous- i almost wanted to back out. but i told myself that ive wanted this for so long and come so far in this process so there was no turning back! i went in and doc told my family itd be a 1 to 2 hour surgery.. but it only took 40 min because everything went perfect! (so blessed) so i woke up in recovery all drugged up.. not knowing where i was lol. all that was on my mind was where was my family.. i was told i had to wait.. i felt tired and nothing really else.. fast forward to an hour and i was wheeled to my room with family right behind me. still drugged up and sleepy- i didnt know much of what was going on. i felt like i was in a fog. i started getting nauseous as heck.. so unbearingly nauseous. i demanded meds and after a few diff ones the nausea went away. i tried sleeping but they kept waking me up every 3 hours to walk. the first time i was thinking there was no way i could walk after surgery. but it wasnt bad! i took it slow and by the next time i got up i just wanted to get it done with to go back to bed lol. the first night wasnt too bad .. i had plenty of pain meds and slept mostly good. the next day i woke up and was told i needed to drink 10 medicine cups of fluids in order to go home.. piece a cake.. or so i thought. it took me 8 hours to drink 5 cups so needless to say i didnt go home. it was so hard for me to keep liquids down. it felt tight and it felt like the Fluid was the girl from charlie and the chocolate factory and my digestive system was the chocolate tube she got stuck in. lol only way i knew how to put it.. so the 2nd night for me was hellll.. i woke up every 10 minutes. the oxygen i had to wear was annoying.. i just wanted my own bed. the next morning i woke up determined to drink those ten cups! it took me 3 hours to drink 5 medicine cups so i was determined to drink those last 5.. and i did! i definitely made progress from the day before. so i go home.. ride home is a bit bumpy so bring a pillow to hold against your tummy.. for me that was a life saver.. so i get home and my bed was waiting for me :) for the past week ive been sleeping a lot lately. no stomach pains really my incisions are healing nicely. just a little sore. i was frustrated because everytime id drink liquids i would have to use the bathroom and then id be hungry. im still hungry often but its because im not consuming food. honestly the first few days i had about 4 breakdowns a day. i cried and cried and told my family i regretted getting sleeved.. it was SO hard to meet my fluids and Protein goal. but that feeling of regret it gone. im doing better everyday.. and it gets easier everyday. all i can do is try my best. and make sure i get my walking in. i was instructed to wall 10-15 min a day. on valentines day (four days post op) i checked in with doc.. 16 pounds down!! he says im on right track.. ive had some shoulder pain..thats normal. gas x strips helped a lot with that. i wish you the best during your journey. youre gonna do fabulous !! make sure you take your Vitamins. very important! dont stress - take it day by day and if you have any questions please feel free to message me. also im not too far ahead of you.. id love to hear about your experiences too :) sorry for the book lol happy sleeve day!

ps the headaches could be from you stressing about the surgery. i would mention it just in case but i dont think its something to be alarmed about