Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LADIES ONLY! Tmi but I need help!

I'm sorry if this is tmi to post but I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my doctor but I want to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I woke up this morning to blood in my underwear. It was a huge amount of vaginal discharge. It looked like it could be period blood but I ended my period about a week ago. And it didn't start out light and then get heavier, it looks like it all came out at the same time. I'm newish to the forums so if someone already posted about this is missed it and I'm sorry. But please if you have any idea what's going on please help

It IS possible that weight loss can mess with your period -- make it late, or early, or come extra times. So this could just be that! But if you're worried, definitely go to a doctor.

As the pp said, WLS can mess with your cycle. I had an IUD for 4 years prior to my surgery and had no periods. Thanks to surgery I had a few. It worked itself out but takes time.

Phew thank you guys so much I was scared

I'm sorry if this is tmi to post but I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my doctor but I want to know if anyone else has experienced this.
I woke up this morning to blood in my underwear. It was a huge amount of vaginal discharge. It looked like it could be period blood but I ended my period about a week ago. And it didn't start out light and then get heavier, it looks like it all came out at the same time. I'm newish to the forums so if someone already posted about this is missed it and I'm sorry. But please if you have any idea what's going on please help

Did your surgeon put you on blood thinners?
1 week after my surgery I started bleeding thinking it was my period. Well I used a super tampon and in 30 min had to change. 15 min later same thing. I had my daughter go get the super duper tampons and pads and it only took 30 minuets to go through all.
I called my doctor and he took me off the blood thinners until I stopped then put me back on 1 a day for a week then back up to two a day the next week. I had to have blood work to check my Iron level and it was severely low. He suggested iron infusions but I opted for prescription pills. I am now off the blood thinners and my iron is normal but I still take the Celebrate tangerine iron chews once a day!

I was on a blood thinner shot while at the hospital but I'm off now. I'm only on antacid and pain medicine but it seems my blood is coming out at a fast rate like yours!!! I'm taking Celebrate pills as well. I just tried inserting a tampon though and there is some MAJOR tenderness, too much to where I couldn't insert it! :( I think I'm going to have to call my doctor and see what's up. So the bleeding stopped when you started taking the prescribed meds?

The tenderness could be a yeast infection, especially if you were on antibiotics. But, you need to be seen to make sure you aren't losing too much blood, and what is causing the tenderness for sure.

Good luck!

The tenderness could be a yeast infection, especially if you were on antibiotics. But, you need to be seen to make sure you aren't losing too much blood, and what is causing the tenderness for sure.

Good luck!

Ah you're right. They tested me at the hospital for yeast infection and just said that I have a lot of keytones in my blood (can someone explain that???) but you're right it definitely could have developed. Thank you for the help!

Ah.. ketones mean you are in ketosis.. a fat-burning state during a low carbohydrate diet. That is good, but I guess it also means your blood is irritating to your vagina.

Good to know!

Hi! Tomorrow is 2 weeks out for me and I have been experiencing bleeding as well. My bleeding only seems to start when I have a bowel movement. But I know its not coming from the colon. Sometimes its like dry old blood other times it can be like period blood. I also had a IUD put in recently (November) and I have still yet to have any normal periods. They are always light but it can come and go at any time.

Let us know how you make out. Maybe it can shed some light on my issue as well. Good Luck!

I was on a blood thinner shot while at the hospital but I'm off now. I'm only on antacid and pain medicine but it seems my blood is coming out at a fast rate like yours!!! I'm taking Celebrate pills as well. I just tried inserting a tampon though and there is some MAJOR tenderness, too much to where I couldn't insert it! [emoji20] I think I'm going to have to call my doctor and see what's up. So the bleeding stopped when you started taking the prescribed meds?

My bleeding stopped about 3 days after my doc took me off of the blood thinners. He put me back on them when I stopped and I was able to finish the prescription without any issues.