Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont regret my surgery or anything, but I MISS food. I mean I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but im always full right when my brain is like, "oh man this is yummy" like I just miss enjoying my food. At least a few more bites would be nice sometimes. Idk I'm just venting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Worries me...I am 3 weeks post op...and thinking I will never really enjoy a whole meal again...guess really need to take tiny bites to enjoy....yikes.

Yes tiny bites and really enjoy them.

Enjoying food with no restrictions at all is what got me to 400 pounds. I refuse to let myself miss any of that experience. I like the things I eat, but it is fuel, nothing else.

The new things that I experience each day as I get my excess weight off is so much better than any food or drink ever could be.

Enjoy the Flavors, not the Volume. It is an ongoing education for each of us to learn what it means to be full and what a "full meal" looks like now. The learning NEVER stops, but being able to sit at a booth in a diner NEVER gets old!

I would highly suggest that if you go out to eat, you ask for a second plate or get a to go box right away. Put away the portion you won't be able to eat and finish your meal. It helps immensely to not see all that uneaten food on my plate. I feel like I'm missing out if I'm full and look down to see I've barely made a dent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the BariatricPal App

@@BigDog Bryan

You're right about the booths. I sit in them at every opportunity now!!

I have become a big fan of the leftover. I was raised to finish my plate before leaving the table, so it is super hard now to have a massive plate of food in front of me and after only a few bites pushing it away. I almost always ask for a to go box when I'm eating out now, right when I order my food.< /p>

I have a very supportive friend who bought me a small bowl and a small plate that makes my portions appear normal. I am on week 2 post-op diet. I am kind of scared of how my stomach will react to new things. I understand about missing foods and I hope.you have the best success with having the right balance.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I know that feeling... I am 3 weeks post surgery and have been having second thoughts about if this was the right thing to do. My dietician instructed me to start eating chicken, tuna ..eggs.. etc. But I have no desire to eat anything. I find myself forcing myself to eat a few bites just for the Protein. Have done the Protein shakes to a point I can't even look at them. Everyone I have spoken to whose had this surgery said the first few weeks are the worst and it will be better. My fears are I will never enjoy a meal again. Do we ever get our taste buds back.. do we ever enjoy a simple meal again...even small bites.

Not in a good place.. Have lost 40 pounds but feel extremely weak .. tired. Can someone tell me it will get better...

Hi Joann, I'm 11 days post-op, so I havent experienced as much as you have yet. What I have been told is that it does get better and that it takes a different amount of time for different people to find that new normal. I have seen those who have had the sleeve done over a year ago and they are happy and do enjoy meals. You did the right thing for you. I dont think i have ever met someone that had the surgery say they regretted it. Im certain it will get better for you. I hope it does quickly so you can enjoy your weightloss.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I dont regret my surgery or anything, but I MISS food. I mean I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but im always full right when my brain is like, "oh man this is yummy" like I just miss enjoying my food. At least a few more bites would be nice sometimes. Idk I'm just venting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

LoL. It can be tough sometimes. I totally understand. I used to have redvelvet cheesecake once every 2 months. Now I just look at it, and I am like.. "nah, It will take 4 days to slot this into my meal schedule, totally not worth it".

I have learned to embrace my sleeve. In fact, I now wish my 'restriction' was tighter.. :D ..

I'm 4 months out, I'm a food addict. Or was. I remember the first time I snuck food, I grew up in an abusive environment and food was my one joy. So I get it. But this surgery really changes so much. I did go through a withdraw/, mourning period, it wasn't easy. But the thing is that my new stomach has changed the way my brain works.

I still crave yummy food that's filled with fats and carbs and calories, but then I take like one or two tastes and they dont' even taste that good anymore. lol! It's so funny.

Anyway, I've found that my fixation on food has practically died now (I'm 42 and spent my entire life thinking about food mostly and just 4 months later I only think of it when I realize it's eating time). I craved all sorts of foods when I was on the liquid/recovery stage and once I was opened to full food I tried little taste and was shocked at just how much I didn't want them anymore.

Give yourself time, make sure you allow yourself to feel the full grief and loss over the changes we've made. Follow your plan (when I eat mostly Protein I find my cravings for crap are almost zero) and know that if you just go hour by hour, day by day you will find you've gotten past the worst of it. It will get better!!!