Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of alittle encouragement and advice...

So i had surgery in April 2016 and ive started at 262 (surgery day) and currently am 177...I did go down as far as 170 but have bounced in between tue last several weeks and im sure its due to eating things im not suppose to be eating...I went to Mexico for a wedding stayed a week about 2weeks ago and between eating so much (it was all inclusive) and drinking (malibu bay breeze's) im not suprised to the increase in my weight...So im at the point where im not int in my shakes cause i want food..smh...Lastnight i ate in 1 sitting 8 turkey sausage links, amd 2hrs later ate an apple...I was full but not sick feeling full, comfy full where i couldve ate more had i not went to bed..smh..i feel like i have stretched or increased my stomach size by eating the things i have and pushing it to where now, i eat more at 1 time rather then only smaller amounts because im hungry...Have i??? Is this all mental??? Or really i started to mess up what the surgery did for my stomach...Im proud and feel great for all ive lost but i worry that maybe it isnt enough to keep me from falling backwards and gaining weight again...With summer around the corner im more excited then ever to prance around in my new bod..lol..im aware if i dont catch myself now, i may not make it to summer at this weight and only continue to gain..At rhe same rate im hungry alot like before surgery ???? Does any1 have any advice for me or can answer my questions as to whether ive ruined my newly smaller stomach??? I never realized how much the mental end can affect u after this in so many ways..smh..i really need peoples input pls??? Tyia!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Have you seen the 5 day sleeve reset? Be a good time to try it.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

I'm newly sleeved (Jan 11th) so I haven't gotten to the extreme weight loss yet. But I will say this, remember why you got the surgery in the first place, maybe take out old pics of yourself to remind you where you came from. Also the sleeve reset might also a good way to get on track. This sleeve life is not a destination but a journey, and I'm sure we will all fall short some time or another. But we owe ourselves this...haven't you, me and others struggled enough? Don't beat yourself up...just get back on it!!

Edited by jenndogg

It's very unlikely you stretched your sleeve. Most people experience a "relaxation" of their sleeve around 9-12 months post-op where you start to reach what is going to be your permanent capacity. That's why a lot of people refer to the first 9-12 months as the "honeymoon period", because that is when you have the maximum restriction. I don't think anything is wrong with your sleeve. I think you are just fully recovered from the surgery and adapted to your new stomach. So, moving forward, what should you do? You should go back to the basics. Put Protein first. Make sure you are getting about 100 grams a day. Make sure you are drinking all of your Water and not drinking your calories. Make sure you are taking your Vitamins. Limit yourself to five scheduled meals/snacks per day and don't eat in between. And do some sort of physical activity or exercise every day.