Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I am a year out of surgery and I am planning on getting pregnant. I wanted to hear from others as I am scared of the high risk pregnancy and malnutrition. I am also very terrified of the weight gain as I am addicted to the scale now (I literally had to have my husband hide the scale from me). Has anyone had a baby after weight loss? How did you handle putting on weight? How did you not gain a lot of weight? I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will talk to them about being on a strict diet. Before surgery I was diabetic and I am fearful that will come back with the pregnancy as well.

Any advice or if anyone can share their story and please tell me straight forward. I know everyone is different but I just want to hear the good and the bad.

HW 303

SW 296

CW 170

Great question. I want to hear what others say. I have my surgery next week. Main reason, to be at a healthy weight for pregnancy.

Loving Me

Hey sweet

My sister looked into this to. Her surgeon adviced her that she would be under him to monitor her throughout her pregnancy. Healthy eating, Fluid intake, Vitamins will all help darlz. Your 1 yr post op which is fantastic so you are able to eat. 9 months of dedication and you will be rewarded. Please dont worry about weight gain - this is absolutely normal. All I can say is do it right. Even if you eat small portions regularly and those portions are healthy. Get regular blood tests to check your Iron and other levels. Always check with your doctor about Vitamins and what is best and safe for you and bub. Even before you fall pregnant get your levels checked. Being fully prepared body wise will be all the better for you and bubby. My surgeon told me that he had patients who fell pregnant and had 8 pound babies but he made them go under him for monitoring as well as their baby doctor. Sorry I havent been through this myself to offer you personal experiences but I wish you all the best and cant wait to aee how you go. Xx

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

Okay so now that I have been cleared by the doctor. I found out after speaking to a few of them. We actually do not need Pre-natal Vitamins. Our Bariatric Vitamins we take daily are enough. The only extra vitamins I now have to take are Folic Acid, B12 and Biotin (Which is actually for my hair LOL).. I compared the Prenatal to my Multivitamin and I actually get more from mine than the prenatal.

Hope this helps anyone looking.