Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi all and well done to the new bandsters!:wink:

i was looking up the actual hotel in vilvoorde on tripadvisor and there seems to be some bad reviews about it so a bit worried as will have my partner and young son with me??:)

therefore the best thing is to get reviews from all the folk on here that have actually stayed in the hotel wether they be good or bad??

ie rooms cleanliness etc

whats the Breakfast like is it worth 10euros?

is the restaurant food satisfactory and how is it priced?

any other little tips would be much appreciated:thumbup:

less than 4 weeks to go and counting!:thumbup:

Hi guys - so many posts, it's hard to keep up!!

I'm starting to get my appetite back a bit now so I'll have to watch it. I'm still experimenting with food. I'm OK with things to have for dinner but I don't really want ot cook at lunch time. I'm used to having sandwiches. Any ideas what to have? I've had cottage cheese and crackers which is OK but salad is a bit harsh still!!

Also can, for those with good restriction does the roof of ur mouth swell up a little bit when u first eat? It's a bit weird!!:)

I'm off on hols a week tomorrow but nothing much fits :wink: and I don't want to buy much as I'm hoping to lose a lot more weight after forking out all this money!! Any ideas for a key capsule summer wardrobe?!! So far I'm going for linen blend trousers and 3/4's!

Hey wishfull damm i missed it was it any good im so mad i missed it...

Hey Flirty - when's ur consultation? I bet u don't know what to do for the best but I'm sure the surgeon will be able to advise u.

Hey sammy my consultation is on monday 3wks im more relaxed about it today and id near go for the op tomorro if i could but i can have it 2or3wks after consultation so this time 7wks it could be all done and dusted im back to being excited just no point worrying i was in looking at all the fancy underwear today god im gona need another loan to buy clothes lol im praying to win the lotto lol great u have restriction it'l be a major help to u and hope u have a ball on holidays wish i was going lol

Thanks Westbourne & Gillian, I had just got in from my work this afternoon after a stressful week whith hardly any sleep when I posted and now after a sleep on the couch feel a bit of a ninny for being such a baby. :)

I'm a chef and eat all day long (literally) so am not sure how I'm gonna cope with that side but I'll cross that bridge when I come too it. :wink:

hi all and well done to the new bandsters!:)

i was looking up the actual hotel in vilvoorde on tripadvisor and there seems to be some bad reviews about it so a bit worried as will have my partner and young son with me??:)

therefore the best thing is to get reviews from all the folk on here that have actually stayed in the hotel wether they be good or bad??

ie rooms cleanliness etc

whats the Breakfast like is it worth 10euros?

less than 4 weeks to go and counting!:smile:

It is a very basic hotel but the staff are very helpful and it was clean. I took my husband and 6 month old son and would do again. We'd just been staying at the Crowne Plaza in Bruges so had been spoilt! We asked for a bigger room as the travel cot wouldn't fit in the room and they gave us a disabled room which was much bigger - you may want to do the same. Plus the handrails in the bathroom were quite useful after the op!!

As for the restaurant I only had one meal but my hubby ate there and said it was quiet nice. It isn't cheap esp because of the euro exchange rate but it was a lot cheaper than we'd been paying in Bruges!! I think it was around 12 euro for a main course. The roast chicken my hubby had the day after my op smelled gooooooooooorgeous!!

I'm not sure how old ur son is but there's a pool table in the lobby and a TV (not many English channels though but we picked up the rugby in French).

hi all and well done to the new bandsters!:)

ie rooms cleanliness etc

whats the breakfast like is it worth 10euros?

less than 4 weeks to go and counting!:smile:

Hi timeisnow, i stayed in the hotel vilvoorde and got no complaints, the rooms are clean, beds comfy, clean towels in the room and the food was delicious my 'last supper' i had the steak and chips then followed by belgian chocolate mouse. I didnt have breakfast but my partner had no complaints.

Hi sammy mine went like that the other day but they are fine now x

My graphics are wonky today. Congratulations Westie you have put my mind at ease, 4 weeks yesterday until my op Wooo Hooo!!!:)

Thanks for the encouragement Flirty and Wishfull! The last few pounds of the first stone weren't too easy but i think i've gone onto solids too early, think i'm gonna go back on liquids/mushies now till my first fill, get the weight moving again.............. no problems with Water now either, swelling must be easing.... How you feeling about your consultation Flirty? How's your weight loss going Wishfull? x

I see you have to remove nail varnish rings etc for the operation but my fingers have got so darn fat I cant get my wedding and engagement ring off and I dont really want to have them cut. Did anyone else have this problem

I see you have to remove nail varnish rings etc for the operation but my fingers have got so darn fat I cant get my wedding and engagement ring off and I dont really want to have them cut. Did anyone else have this problem

a wee bit of butter me thinks.

gx