Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah thanks for that carrie i wonder should i get the ops done seperate even though it would cost an awful lot more id just hate to increase chance of infection i really dont know what i want now

Hi Wishful and thanks for the info its not long for me now by the way another question what do we take into the hospital with us i know PJ's and toiletries but is there any thing else do you need to take a case with you many thanks xxx suefee xxx

Hi fatduck I know exactly how you feel. I am having mine done on the 26th June and I am eating things I would never normally eat. I Dont understand it. Yesterday I ate a full bag of chocolate covered raisins, I dont even like bl!!!dy raisins. It must be a physcological thing. Anyone else do the same before banding?:smile:

Hi fatduck I know exactly how you feel. I am having mine done on the 26th June and I am eating things I would never normally eat. I Dont understand it. Yesterday I ate a full bag of chocolate covered raisins, I dont even like bl!!!dy raisins. It must be a physcological thing. Anyone else do the same before banding?:smile:

Yup - I can't count how many last suppers I had! :smile:

I put on about half a stone in the month between booking the band and my pre-op diet!!

Hi Wishful and thanks for the info its not long for me now by the way another question what do we take into the hospital with us i know PJ's and toiletries but is there any thing else do you need to take a case with you many thanks xxx suefee xxx

Hi suefee, i took pj's but didnt wear them as you just stay in your hospital gown, slippers, toiletries and a towel just in a over night bag.. thata all you will need x

Hi cantweight 10lb is better that nothing, its a good start.. it is hard when there is lovely food around you so it is a matter of changing how we feel about food, i think that is harder than what it sounds lol, keep up the good work you are doing well and the weight is going in the right direction, off. x

Ah thanks for that carrie i wonder should i get the ops done seperate even though it would cost an awful lot more id just hate to increase chance of infection i really dont know what i want now

Hi flirty i think it might be a good idea to speak to your dr about what you are planning and see what advice you get, i think if you get all the surgery done in one go it is an awfull lot for your body to take.. you have got to be safe in what your about to do and not to rush into anything x

tullia law did my head in..all she is bothered about is getting money it seems..she.never stopped ringing and bugging me and got angry when i didnt answer..and all i did was fill an online enquiry form that wont send unless you put your phone number on.i thought id get an email with the prices returned, but she must have phoned more 20 times at all times even later at night for few weeks..id book thro dr chris ,frederik or bridget at europesurgery.com, tullia is scary! x

I completely agree, had the same experience as you, tullia is a bit of a bunny boiler of sorts! lol x

Hi all just to let you know i saw my doctor yesterday and he has referred me to a bariatric nurse at the hospital so thats really good!!!! just bit depressed about weight loss stop!!!!!

Hey odge dont dwell on the weight stopping mine did the same early on and stalled for a week or 2 but then started againg and the weight was falling off so dont panic its completely normal... Im down 2lbs today so im thrilled

hi all I have been offered two dates next month for my band and was wondering does anyone have Dr CDB phone number so I can have a chat with someone at his office/surgery ? would be very grateful !!!

Hi all just to let you know i saw my doctor yesterday and he has referred me to a bariatric nurse at the hospital so thats really good!!!! just bit depressed about weight loss stop!!!!!

Hi odge thats great news about the nurse. Did you ask your doctor to refer you or did he do this off his own back. Didnt he ask you why you didnt take follow up care, oh and is the nurse going to do your fills. J x:blushing:

Hi to you all,

Well here I am, been through the op and now back home and feeling pretty perky I must say. I must admit I felt a bit ropey yesterday with all the travelling home. I started out at 9.30 am (8.30 UK time) and got home at 6pm, so it was a long day, but what a wonderful nights sleep I had in my own bed. I feel sore, which is to be expected, but I've not had to take any painkillers nor any of the anti-sickness tablets that they give you. I've even managed the injections without any problem, ( so easy to do and painless!)

There were 6 of us being banded on Tuesday and we managed to get ourselves organised and shared taxi's into hospital and again on discharge. When in the hotel we swopped room numbers in case we needed to talk to anyone.

After all my last minute doubts I am soooooo pleased that I've had it done and look forward to being a shadow of my former self. There are ways to cheat, eating chocolate and ice cream etc. but the way I look at it why would anyone pay out all that money and then cheat?

Yippee......... The rest of my life starts here.....

Westie x

Welcome back westie, im so glad everything went so well for you.. you will soon be on here posting great weight loss, make sure you get plenty of rest and try not to over do things. I agree with what you have said about the ice cream and choc, its a lot of money to spend to cheat and its down to us to be strong, its hard sometimes tho lol x