Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi mmm well done you, you done well with your weight considering you were away, bet your pleased x

Hi Westbourne, congats and I'm so glad it all went so well for you. I feel quite emotional reading your post because although I know everyones got a different tale to tell about their op hearing yours has lifted my spirits no end! I'm pretty scared about the whole affair so thank you for sharing your good news. Xxx

Fatduck you will be fine when you go for your op, dr chris is a top surgeon and his staff are all great and nothing is to much trouble for them. I didnt get nervous at all just really excited that i was going to be slim again.. you know we are all here for you and help you through it x

That means such a lot to me, I am not telling anyone except my hubby and I'm going on my own because of the extra cost for him to come so knowing you're all here is heartwarming. I reciprocate the gesture and hope I can help and support anyone in return.

I only told my partner, 3 children and my sister but since the op i have told some people.. im proud of my band and dont really care what they say or think, i didnt think that b4 my op tho lol, i thought everyone would think i was cheating and taking the easy way out, how wrong. It is still hard work and you still have to watch what you eat. When is your op x

30th June, I just booked it a couple of days ago. I'm really excited about whats ahead and losing weight but I guess I've the same apprehensions as a lot of folks get. I'm just really emotional about it all just now because of what losing and keeping weight off will mean to me. I'm sure everyone on this site can relate to that:smile2:

Hi Westbourne, congats and I'm so glad it all went so well for you. I feel quite emotional reading your post because although I know everyones got a different tale to tell about their op hearing yours has lifted my spirits no end! I'm pretty scared about the whole affair so thank you for sharing your good news. Xxx

Oh fatduck please don't be scared, there are lots of us going through it and I went on the ups and downs of wanting to do it and then not - Dr Chris and Frederik are so wonderful, they answer all questions over and over again and put you at your ease. The hospital staff are very very good and there's lots of them and they all speak English. It is so good to receive such professional treatment (and I work for the NHS!). So please don't worry, the success rate is 100%.

Westie x

hey guys, not been on for a while but there's loads of new peeps on the forum, gr8! Well, that's my first stone off now, it's bizarre, 12lbs the first week, 2lbs the second and each pound is getting harder and harder. Imight have to start exercising early me thinks................. x

Edited by Tee-Bird

Hey tee bird congrats on the loss the first stone always feels good hope ur doing well and not finding it too hard x

Hi all just to let you know i saw my doctor yesterday and he has referred me to a bariatric nurse at the hospital so thats really good!!!! just bit depressed about weight loss stop!!!!!

Hey Odge, what does that mean, will you get fills etc, or what?!

x:tt2:

Hey Westie, glad to see your back safe and sound. Hope your positive attitude will continue to see you through. And you know what, you won't have to say no to choc and ice cream, but you will be able to see how badly having a lot of that kind of thing will affect you.

Can't wait to hear of your journey into losing!

:)

Few others who have lost recently well done, I have been trying to cut down but Im not fitting into my jeans tonight, I think i'm kidding myself, lol

Penny

x

westie!..welcome back!, so glad your ok and are now on the other side! make sure you get plenty of rest though.x

welcome fatduck, everyone has felt the same as you dont worry..just go back through these pages and youll see everyones concerns, then youll see us all come out the other side with no regrets. youll be saying the same too in a few months! x