Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

a wee bit of butter me thinks.

gx[/quote

Tried butter. washing up liquid, olive oil. Nope they wont budge unless I lose about two stone quick style.:)

I see you have to remove nail varnish rings etc for the operation but my fingers have got so darn fat I cant get my wedding and engagement ring off and I dont really want to have them cut. Did anyone else have this problem

Hi homecare if the butter doesnt work lol and you have tried everything else im sure they will let you put tape over them, or email dr chris or frederik and see what they say x

Hi tee-bird im still stuck on 32lb i might go back on to liquids myself to try and get the weight moving again, at least its not going back on x

a wee bit of butter me thinks.

gx[/quote

Tried butter. washing up liquid, olive oil. Nope they wont budge unless I lose about two stone quick style.:)

LOL if you lose 2 stone that quick let me in on ur secret. I had gel nails on and they nurse did ask me if i could take them off:scared2:, i told her they were not going to budge.. she felt that they were not going to move then said it was ok cos they were so solid not much help i no, sorry. x

LOL if you lose 2 stone that quick let me in on ur secret. I had gel nails on and they nurse did ask me if i could take them off:scared2:, i told her they were not going to budge.. she felt that they were not going to move then said it was ok cos they were so solid not much help i no, sorry. x[/quote

If I could lose 2 stone that quick I wouldnt need this band. lol. I also wondered about gel nails as I usually get my nails done every 4 weeks but wasnt going to bother before surgery. I dont get tips or anything my own nails but if its a problem I will just leave it. Cheers J:tongue_smilie:

Thanks for the tip Gary but tried that and many other slippy squelchy things, That sounds bad:sneaky: How is your weight loss going? Isnt this weather glorious everyone. If only I was thin I would pull on a bikini and sunbathe in my back garden:cursing:

Hey tee bird dont be too hard on urself and remember ur still healing inside and i was same as u loss stopped but picked up very quick... As for consultation all i talked about this last few months was about cosmetic surgery and i was excited at the thoughts but since i made consultation iv been on a roller coaster of emotions and fear and has put me in worst of form im so scared now prob cos i could have surgery in 6wks or less but im trying not to worry il go with what the surgeon recommends and im now thinking of getting tt/lipo, boob uplift and implants in july and maybe leaving arms til during the winter cos i wont be showing my arms in winter anyway but il see i have my money all sorted and everything so thats one thing looked after but i defo didnt expect to feel this bad about surgery but there is part of me that stands in front of mirror and pull my belly in and stuff and gets super excited so gona try not to worry till i have consultation and il book soonest date i can get just want it over with now i can be the guinnea pig on here for cosmetic surgery and il take pics and stuff so everyone will know what their in for lol

Sorry for rambling lol but remember ur doing fab so dont worry bout the weight it will pick up soon x

Hi All - this is my first time posting here, but I am having my surgery in belgium on June 12 - so time I've got some questions that I need answered. A couple of things, I'm traveling from Dublin - anyone else out there going that same time? And I'm going alone, in fact I haven't told anyone I'm going and plan to keep the surgery a secret - I live alone and work from home, can I get away with this? Also, I've been reading about excess skin and have a couple of questions - although I'm fat I have a good underlying muscle mass (so I'm told), I have about 7 stone to lose, and my belly is fat but more round than rolls. I lost four stone on lipotrim a couple of years ago and had no sagging... is that a good indicator? Of course, put that all back on. Thanks for any help you guys can offer - kathy

Hey flirty dont let it worry you, im sure your going into this with your eyes wide open and as long as you do you homework about the surgeon im sure you will be fine... you have worked hard to get where you are and you deserve it x

welcome to the forum high anxiety, im sure you will get lots of advice from people on here, i found this forum a godsend before my surgery and still do x

hi all and well done to the new bandsters!:)

i was looking up the actual hotel in vilvoorde on tripadvisor and there seems to be some bad reviews about it so a bit worried as will have my partner and young son with me??:)

therefore the best thing is to get reviews from all the folk on here that have actually stayed in the hotel wether they be good or bad??

ie rooms cleanliness etc

whats the Breakfast like is it worth 10euros?

is the restaurant food satisfactory and how is it priced?

any other little tips would be much appreciated:thumbup:

less than 4 weeks to go and counting!:smile:

hi TIN..i suppose from a sightseers point of view, its not that good as its not in brussells, there is hardly anything around it and no facilities for younger children..its very clean and comfortable though,and all that you need for the reason your going. but i think id be dissappointed if i was staying there for anything other than surgery..its at the back of a railway station where you can get into brussels cheaply if you feel like it. hope that helps x

:) flirty...you are our guinea pig and were excited for you!..expect a visit from us if you have it done in leeds!! youll do great! x

Hi All - this is my first time posting here, but I am having my surgery in belgium on June 12 - so time I've got some questions that I need answered. A couple of things, I'm traveling from Dublin - anyone else out there going that same time? And I'm going alone, in fact I haven't told anyone I'm going and plan to keep the surgery a secret - I live alone and work from home, can I get away with this? Also, I've been reading about excess skin and have a couple of questions - although I'm fat I have a good underlying muscle mass (so I'm told), I have about 7 stone to lose, and my belly is fat but more round than rolls. I lost four stone on lipotrim a couple of years ago and had no sagging... is that a good indicator? Of course, put that all back on. Thanks for any help you guys can offer - kathy

hi and welcome, im sure there will be others there on the same day as you even if they arent on our forum..he does about 6 to 8 people a day it seems..mainly UK and Ireland..youll be fine..if your staying at the campinille villvoorde, no doubt most of them will be there too!..as for your weight loss, it sounds to me like you may get away without too much excess skin..if you lost 4 stone and didnt have any then fingers crossed you will be ok!

Ah thanks gillian be great to see u and big sis i think il stay in leeds for the 10days after op just to be safe it'l cost a fortune but i just wana be in the uk incase something didnt feel right i can show u my lovely new tummy and the rest im now today 2lbs off the 7st mark and im determined to get a stone off in the next 6wks i think its the worry that has made the scales move lol

Oh and wishful thanks for the kind words and advice

Hey flirty you now were all here to support you, how amazing have you done, near on 7 stone and your not even 9 months post op.. what an insperation you are to us all xx