Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Does anyone know how long it takes for frederik to get back to you after you paid the deposit......???

Sorry he got back to me to say he recieved the deposit,

Its just Ive forwarded to him all my travel flight details etc..... & still no word backyet?

The Mrs would like to know where we are staying etc and I aint got a clue... Does he normally take a while to arrange these things?

I know Ive got a while yet but its been 5 days no reply to my emails?

Just want to know whats happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):unsure::thumbup:

Hi Cant Weight, I didn't book directly through Frederick but I think others on here have had to bug him a bit with e-mails to get a reply, so keep sending them and he will get back to you - eventually! I'm sure everything is in place, other forum users have been in this position before as well and it has been fine. I think if you have booked the basic package (4070 euros?) rather than the deluxe (about an exta 500?), then your hotel is likely to be the Campanile (Vilvoorde). Bigsister x

Does anyone know how long it takes for frederik to get back to you after you paid the deposit......???

Sorry he got back to me to say he recieved the deposit,

Its just Ive forwarded to him all my travel flight details etc..... & still no word backyet?

The Mrs would like to know where we are staying etc and I aint got a clue... Does he normally take a while to arrange these things?

I know Ive got a while yet but its been 5 days no reply to my emails?

Just want to know whats happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):unsure::thumbup:

hi m ate how you doing, i was like you and wondered what was happening as long as he has confirmed the reciept of your deposit then its cool. What i done was i mailed him and asked him to confirm what the airport collection details were and the accomodation ( it will be campanille but ask anyway) I think what both parties forget is that for us its a big thing and expect constant communication however for them they do around 20 ops per peek and its just the norm for them. I think they kind of forget it becomes the only thing on our minds.

Mail him and he will get back to you.

Garry

Well jsut logged on this morning and im shocked and think its really sad, that all these things have been said last night. lets hope we can get back to the point. I have my own opinions but wont say them, so will just get back to what this forum is for..the gastric band, christiaan de bruyne and supporting and advising each other about this...and i hope that this forum isnt going to lose any members, as ive found it invaluable for support as most others have..and hope that if there are any more disagreements they will be sent through private message, and if there are any new visitors to this thread..dont let it put you off, its not usually like this! so come on girlies and guys! lets get over yesterday and back to how it was other day! gillian x

Well jsut logged on this morning and im shocked and think its really sad, that all these things have been said last night. lets hope we can get back to the point. I have my own opinions but wont say them, so will just get back to what this forum is for..the gastric band, christiaan de bruyne and supporting and advising each other about this...and i hope that this forum isnt going to lose any members, as ive found it invaluable for support as most others have..and hope that if there are any more disagreements they will be sent through private message, and if there are any new visitors to this thread..dont let it put you off, its not usually like this! so come on girlies and guys! lets get over yesterday and back to how it was other day! gillian x

Think everyone will probably agree little sister - altho I think agreeing with you may be a first for me!! Mum will be pleased!

Back to the band then - did anyone else find they had discomfort in chest and rib area following a fill? I felt this a little for the first time for a few weeks now following first fill on Tues and while still only having liquids. Wondered if this was normal? Anyone? Bigsister x

anyone had this??..my port is normally not felt or has no discomfort, but every now and again i get a really sharp pain, as if i have a big metal belt buckle digging in, it lasts for the rest of the day usually and it hurts to bend down and anything where i flex my stomach muscles, its as if port is really digging into something underneath it, im hoping it will go.prob when i lose more weight it wont tug so much at the stitches? i dunno?. maybe its way ive slept on it or something? gillian x

Think everyone will probably agree little sister - altho I think agreeing with you may be a first for me!! Mum will be pleased!

Back to the band then - did anyone else find they had discomfort in chest and rib area following a fill? I felt this a little for the first time for a few weeks now following first fill on Tues and while still only having liquids. Wondered if this was normal? Anyone? Bigsister x

Having read your concerns and insults at nurses and drs. looking after your mother and lets face it thousands of others needing attention... why dont you spare a thought for the over worked, under staffed and totally exhausted nurses who according to you are not quite frankly doing their jobs properly.... its is my opinion, that if relatives are so concerned at the lack of hydration or nutrition of family that they should attend at meal times and feed their relatives.. that way ensuring proper care.... as you so put it!!!...

MY advice... try spending a couple of days working your socks off on a busy ward, listening to insults and see how you like it!!!.. my guess is not a lot...!!

I AM SORRY TO ANYONE I OFFEND OR CAUSE UPSET TO BY POSTING THIS MESSAGE. I FEEL VERY BAD FOR FRECKLES, AND I THINK THAT SHE, & ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER, SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THIS FORUM TO HELP WITH THE BURDENS OF EVERYDAY LIFE, WHICH, ARE PROBABLY AT THE ROUTE OR CAUSE FOR US ALL BEING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Dear Vanessa,

I have just read all the posts, and I agree with those that say the forum is primarily for band chats, but if you think about it why are we all fat? I know I am fat because I turn to food to counsol myself when I'm stressed or going through diffecult times. If we hade somewhere to of load like this forum maybe there wouldn't be the need for the comfort eating and we'd all be slim! I know I have written personal things on here that are nothing to do with the band, and I have been very grateful fror all the comments and feedback!

I think it is a sad outcome to what is obviously a very hard time for one of our fellow banders who looked to her comerades in arms for support and a place to off load to.

Anyhow, as you chose my message to reply to even though it's not my Mother who is in hospital, but I have posted several messages for freckles who's mother is in hospital. I do feel strongly about the situstion, I have first and second hand experience of lack of care in the hospital system. Please note that it is the SYSTEM that is in the wrong and not the individual nursing who are within the system dealing with the everyday horrors that they must deal with. My friend, who is herself a nurse, saw her mother being mistreated by the lack of nursing and care she received whilst in hospital where she died. Another friend, who's husband was a Doctor, saw her Mother in a very similar situation to Freckles Mother, she also died in hospital. Both od these ladies where relatively well and fit & active for their ages, they both went to hospital for minor reasons, and

deteriorated wilst in the care of the NHS.

You say family should come in at meal times and care for the relative, well one of my friends did exactly this, even though she was told that it was not visiting time, she was made to feel most unwelcome by the nursing staff. But it was her mother, and she got on with it, she did what she could.

You are obviously a nurse, and what Freckles, me and everyone else have been saying has struck a cord, it is not a personal attack and so you should not take it that way.

I have been in hospital so many times, 5 births, 3 miscarriages, 5 operations, on every occassion I have received fantastic care, the nurses were extraordinary, if anything I would say they are worth their weight in gold, what an amazing job they do, they ARE UNDER PAID AND OVER WORKED, I agree with you 100%. It is the system that does not fulfill its duty of care to SOME patients.

Fatpants

Edited by fatpants

Well said Fatpants I agree with you about this thread being kept for lapband talk only, this is one of the reasons I have chosen not to continue with my story in the future, although as Garry and other have said it was a release.

The system is surely at fault, but in this circumstance I feel that the person in charge of the nursing staff, being the Ward Manager, then its her I need to consult with, this being the reason for the arranged meet.

Even though Vanessa's post was quite rude and hurt me I notice she is still standing her ground and not apologising to me.

So be it.

Matter over, I have more important things to think about.

Thank you fatpants for taking the time and trouble to air your views.

Is there a mod on here that could split the topic, because i dont think anyone needs to read all of this.

Thank you.

Tonight she was better in herself, but hallucinating again. smile_e_sad.gif

Three nurses came over to speak to me, to tell me how she was doing...they've never bothered before unless I have approached them....actually in my Mums notes there is reference to the fact that I have requested a meeting with the top knobs (such as they are).

They are also now monitoring her Fluid intake and output and there are pages of it, that werent there before.

Maybe this has scared them somewhat, and that wasnt my intention, I just wanted to voice my concerns really.

But I suppose if it keeps the staff on their toes and they take better care of my Mum and the rest of the patientsa, it cant be a bad thing.

Maybe they never met anyone like me before smile_razz.gif

Dear Freckles,

I think poor Vanessa has taken the whole of the NHS on her shoulders and feels bad about your Mother.

I dearly hope you stand by your guns, and do make a complaint, the NHS has to be responsable and answerable for the lack of care they offer in some wards. If we all sat back and did nothing how many other parents are going to suffer from the lack of care.

Please don't stop posting about your mother and how you are getting on with her. I think you are to be commended sticking up for your mother, if not for you what would happen to her? Please do not be put off posting, I look forward to hearing of your mothers progress.

You take care now

Fatpants

mmm I was sorry to read about your loss, I get the impression this is becoming a common occurance.

take care

fatpants

I havent had the discomfort you mention in ribs and chest Big sis, sorry.

But I can feel the port more than the last one I had.

I used to get that same sort of feeling Gillian, like as if the port had dislodged somehow and it took a day or 2 to move back to the right place. I think this happens to a lot of people, but if you are really in considerable discomfort, then why dont you mail Dr Chris and ask him sweetie, I'm sure he'll be able to give you some help xx

The whole port area is still very swollen, and tight, I am hoping this will disappear soon, when I have had the stitches out tomorrow.

Edited by Freckles

Oh my god im in shock i wasnt on over the weekend and come back to read what i have read im on this forum since last july and never seen the likes my understanding of this forum is obviously a support network for banding patients but lets face it we all chat about personal issues and are quiet close to each other and lean on each other for support from husbands not agreeing to sick parents or MEN and LOVE LIFES lol in my opinion if someone doesnt like what we have to say they dont have to use forum or they can start their own thread and chat on it no one forces anyone to chat on here... I can understand the pain of freckles having to watch her mother in such a situation and lets face it we would be all upset in this situation i also know there are some brilliant nurses care staff and docs out there who get just as frustrated as they cant do it all on their own but i also know that there are some people in the profession who dont give a damm and are in the wrong job this is my opinion i worked in a care home and seen it first hand some carers and nurses went out of their way to help and do anything for the patients then there were the ones who cut corners and left it for the others to deal with and god its frustrating but anyway im starting to ramble on here and lose my point but we all know there is the good and the bad and vanessa i really think u read the whole situation wrong we all know health staff are over worked and underpaid but its still extemely hard on the family if we have a loved one not well it defo wasnt a attack on every nurse or doctor but freckles was just chatting about her concerns so please dont take it as personal attack but realise the concerns and hurt she is feeling...

Freckles i hope ur mum is doing good and please keep posting you have no reason not to there is only one person who wasnt happy to read ur posts but we'r all here to offer support no matter what the topic is as i say even though i dont personally know everyone on here we chat so much of course we'r gona get personal and it is a great support and release for me so im gona shut up now but everyone keep posting x

Well that was some speech Flirty, bet you're worn out now :thumbup:

Thank you for your support, but what I dont understand is why Vanessa chose to take my posts as a personal insult to her, yet nobody else did???

I have a cousin who is very close to me and is a staff nurse in an NHS hospital, it was him that told me to arrange the meeting, because he felt my Mum (his auntie) wasnt being monitored properly, and the NHS were failing her.

His mother is my Mums identical twin.

My point being I was not having a go at Nurses and Doctors in general as I previously stated.

I think this has gone on long enough, dont you?

One person's post to cause so much annoyance.:)

Hi freckles I know exactly where ur coming from and by looks of it everyone else does but hey my advice is to keep posting as u have been... And i think ur just right to have a meeting the the top dogs lol after all its ur mammy and its so heart breaking everyone would do the same the healthcare system in ireland is even worse so u just do what u have to and get ur mum sorted i have no doubt everyone here would do the same and if it was me i prob wouldnt be as nice about it as u so please please keep posting