Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good luck shoes and kaka's daughter, hope everything goes well and you will be posting your good news early next week, we will all be thinking about you both xx

As you can all see I'M BACK, just took a few days away from the forum as I was getting fraustrated with the waiting. I started my low fat pre-op diet on the 3rd of march and I have lost 5lbs4oz - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Take care all of you

Fatpants

thats excellent..keep up your pre op diet..youll be well on the way to your target this summer...(dont eat any more of those delicious sounding cakes you make!)..not be long and youll be banded now..x

Wow you look amazing so soon after surgery Its encouraging too see for a soon to be bandster.....

I noted you mentioned Dr Michael Van den Bossche I thought it was Dr De Bruyne Chris that did the surgery sorry im a little confused or did you request this other doctor???

Im worrying if it will be Dr Cdb now lol

Sorry for my confusion!!!

Dont worry sweetie, Michael was the surgeon who did my original op.

That band developed a hole and I had to have it done again.

I was all for going with Dr Chris in Begium and thought I would ask MVDB how much he would charge me for the op, as the manufacturer agreed to give me a new band and the Spire (was Bupa) Hospital gave me a 20% discount.

As it turned out it was cheaper for me to stay in the UK and go with Michael again, whom I must say is a wonderful surgeon, I have never doubted that he did such a good job, and again feeling so good I know i am right about him.

i had my op at 8:30 am on 26th feb.

I stayed in hospital until 11am the next day, but I was fine all night, up and down to the loo like a fiddlers elbow.

What a pain having to unattach my legs from the vibrating boots, and drag my drip stand with me, I must have got up about 7/8 times during the night.

But now i feel really good, I have restriction too, God knows how???

Maybe the initial band was faulty from day one, because I didnt have any restriction before my first fill, with that band.

I have been bad and tried to eat ryvitas, which is why I found out I have restriction.:)

I am such a pig.

I have only lost about 4lbs so far though:crying:

Shoes and Kaka's daughter, my thoughts will be with you.

You will be so happy after the surgery you wont even care if you have some pain...its so worth it.:)

Mmm, this is a little spooky, cos I was born in Bridgend South Wales and my maiden name was Williams.

Not sure if my Dad had a bike or not... did yours? :crying:

Well now you just have to post a piccy of yourself, for me to see.

if you'd rather.. you can pm it to me, but please, please dont keep me in suspenders:tt2:

There is another piccy of me in my profile i think, if you want to see.

Hi freckles 4lb is good.. dont forget it's only been a week since your op. You are naughty trying ryvita's tho, i was 2 scared 2 try anything for 2 weeks after my op lol x

hi can you give me website address or phone numbers for WLS?? cant seem to find website on search..

than

thanks

kss

My Mum is still not so good, I am really disappointed with Whiston Hospital, she is talking broken biscuits all the time, and is shaking, she cant hold a glass and keeps tipping her squash all over herself.

I have lost count of the nighties i have had to wash, not that I'm bothered its just the fact that she's tipping more than she's drinking.

I am also sick of asking the nursing staff to give her a beaker with a spout, they get one and the next time I go in she has a glass again so in the end bought her one of her own.

It just better be there when we go in this afternoon.

She has had conjuctivitis in both her eyes since the surgery and each time we go in we have to bathe them for her, and she cant see properly. I think at last they are getting eye drops for her!!!!! Bloody disgusting. Are they blind or do they just not care??

She has had a Water infection and needs to drink plenty, and she's not getting it as nobody seems to have the time or inclination to help her.

I also had a nightmare with her hearing aid, it was fine when she went in, and then some stupid Staff nurse admitted to finding a part on the floor and throwing it away cos she didnt know what it was!!!!!

We had to run around taking it to the next town to get it fixed, as the hospital's audiology refused to repair it cos she didnt live in the area!!! What crap.

I am waiting for a meeting with the Ward manager and the doctor, so that I can air these issues.

I want her home with me so I can take care of her, she has lived with me for 6 years and I have built her up so she is strong, and its all going downhill.

They dont seem to be able to get her to stand up, she wont bear her weight, if she doesnt walk soon, she never will.

This is driving me nutz, and I'm sorry to bore you all, but sometimes its helpful to share.

Thanx for reading this xxxx

hi can you give me website address or phone numbers for WLS?? cant seem to find website on search..

than

thanks

kss

hi vanessa..not seen you on here for ages!..if its a fill your wanting to book, or any other package or procedure you can contact colleen@wlsgroup.co.uk you will be emailed back shortly, i have found them excellent website is www.wlsgroup.co.uk .hope this helps, and hope your doing well? gillian x

That is bad news freckles, when you leave a relative in these care homes you expect them to do the job they are paid for.. care. I think your mum will come on leaps and bounds once she is back home with you, somewhere she is going to get looked after she will get care and love. You really need to take a stand and voice your opinions and tell the mgr and dr that your mum is not getting the care she should have and in fact she is worse. Wishing you luck.. let us know how you get on x

My Mum is still not so good, I am really disappointed with Whiston Hospital, she is talking broken biscuits all the time, and is shaking, she cant hold a glass and keeps tipping her squash all over herself.

I have lost count of the nighties i have had to wash, not that I'm bothered its just the fact that she's tipping more than she's drinking.

I am also sick of asking the nursing staff to give her a beaker with a spout, they get one and the next time I go in she has a glass again so in the end bought her one of her own.

She has had conjuctivitis in both her eyes since the surgery and each time we go in we have to bathe them for her, and she cant see properly. I think at last they are getting eye drops for her!!!!! Bloody disgusting. Are they blind or do they just not care??

She has had a Water infection and needs to drink plenty, and she's not getting it as nobody seems to have the time or inclination to help her.

I also had a nightmare with her hearing aid, it was fine when she went in, and then some stupid Staff nurse admitted to finding a part on the floor and throwing it away cos she didnt know what it was!!!!!

We had to run around taking it to the next town to get it fixed, as the hospital's audiology refused to repair it cos she didnt live in the area!!! What crap.

I am waiting for a meeting with the Ward manager and the doctor, so that I can air these issues.

I want her home with me so I can take care of her, she has lived with me for 6 years and I have built her up so she is strong, and its all going downhill.

They dont seem to be able to get her to stand up, she wont bear her weight, if she doesnt walk soon, she never will.

This is driving me nutz, and I'm sorry to bore you all, but sometimes its helpful to share.

aah freckles, your poor mum, it must be awful for her and for you sseing her like this. its not been long since her op and will take longer for her to heal cos of her age..lets hope shes soon up and about and back home with you..sounds like shell need some physiotherapy and it will take a while too (it was a broken hip wasnt it?) its a big thing for an older lady, and it must have really shaken her up.. it is really important for her to drink a lot of juice, hope she gets that cup you got her filled regullarly also shell need anti biotics for that water infection, and i know when my dad was hospitalised and had numerous water infections...he talked some right gobaldygook (or as you say,broken biscuits!).as his body temp went above normal,he got really confused and sort of hallucinated too, so hopefully shell be a lot better when that is sorted out......AND..how are you?..i bet you dont have the time to think about how you are at the mo with being so busy, and worrying..hope you are still managing to get your feet up at night? your still recovering yourself. i was also naughty after being banded, and tested it quite a bit i must say. anyway hope your feeling better every day, and i hope your mum is very soon home where you can look after her well..take care, gillian x

many thanks Wishful and Gillian for your replies. Wishful, my Mum is not in a care home, she actually fell and broke her hip, she's in hospital, where i know the staff are overworked and underpaid, but that doesnt excuse stupidity does it.

Dear Freckles,

This seems to happen all too often, two of my friends had similar problems when their elderly mothers were in hospital. Not being given enough liquid when they've got a bladder problem. Losing their glasses and even their false teeth!. Being left for so long waiting for help to go on the comode they end up soiling themselves. It is a disgrace, and a humiliation for the elderly ladies, they don't have the spunk to complain because their scared, or don't know how. Stand up for your Mother, you are quite right to complain, go straight to the top, your Mother is a human being, why should she be treated any less just because she's old and probably doesn't want to be a bother!

Look out for your Mother she's the only one you've got!

You take care now, and be strong for that meeting, don't let them bully you or intimidate you!

Take care

Fatpants

Dear Freckles,

This seems to happen all too often, two of my friends had similar problems when their elderly mothers were in hospital. Not being given enough liquid when they've got a bladder problem. Losing their glasses and even their false teeth!. Being left for so long waiting for help to go on the comode they end up soiling themselves. It is a disgrace, and a humiliation for the elderly ladies, they don't have the spunk to complain because their scared, or don't know how. Stand up for your Mother, you are quite right to complain, go straight to the top, your Mother is a human being, why should she be treated any less just because she's old and probably doesn't want to be a bother!

Look out for your Mother she's the only one you've got!

You take care now, and be strong for that meeting, don't let them bully you or intimidate you!

Take care

Fatpants

well said fatpants!! x

Sorry freckles, i miss understood but fatpants is dead right.. you have got to be the voice for your mum x