Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi bigsister im glad everything went well for you and gillian x

Yes thanks wishfull, don't know how she would have been if she'd had to go on her own, she needed to see that I'd had it done and didn't die! It's nothing really is it? We had a good look round Leeds for a couple of hours before our appointment and it just seems to be full of posh coffee shops and lovely eating places, and we couldn't even have a drink let alone anything to eat, it was pretty torturous! Have to stick to fluids for a short while now and then soft foods again before going back to normal foods, it's gonna be hard cos we won't have any restriction really on this first fill. Glad you're getting on well too, bigsister x

You will be surprised how much restriction you will feel even with only 2ml, i only had 3ml and can still feel restriction x

You will be surprised how much restriction you will feel even with only 2ml, i only had 3ml and can still feel restriction x

Hadn't really expected to feel much difference with just 2mls but we will see, if not, we can certainly wait just 2 weeks before we get our next one. I am so starving now, only had 1 weetabix at Breakfast time and just had drinks since I got home and the Soup I am going to have for tea is not really cuttin it at the moment when there is a lovely roast chicken just out of the oven ready for Glyn to go at! Bigsister x

Wel no Water aerobics for me this morn i was up all night vomiting the pain in my tummy was unreal and all i could do was cry i was terrified my band had slipped or something but thank god it has stopped and feel so much better but feelin wee bit weak and cant stomach thoughts of food and on top of that i cant bloody move after the gym yesterday my legs ass arms every bit of me is in pain can hardly bend down lol but least i know i done somethin when i can feel the pain lol but yesterday i went shopping as need clothes for goin out in liverpool and i got a full outfit out of river island shoes bag the lot and i must say im just thrilled river island is where all my mates got their lovely wee outfits and i always wished i could shop in it and i did yesterday one top is a 16 but its a oversize kinda top so thats the reason i got into it but its baggy on me and a black dress size 18 which is also a oversize style but dont care i got shopping in river island.... but im defo gona start back having my 3meals a day cos i know il need to when going to the gym i dont wana be the big bird fainting in the gym after 15mins lol

Hi flirtylass glad you feel a bit better this morn, think you'll be a bit achy for a couple of days after your work out at the gym tho. What an achievement to go and buy clothes in a 'normal' shop.. bet your really made up. An its a good idea to eat a little more than what you have been especially with the exercise your doing x

Hi big sister and Gillian, I'm go glad everything is ok after your fill, did I understand that you did'nt eat before your fill, if so I did'nt know that you could'nt, you are so lucky having booked a second fill so quickly. I have to wait until the 27th March for my first fill which will make it 6 weeks post op, and then monthly or whenever its needed, or when I'm back home in the UK. I dont mind doing it slowely, my daughter has lost 4 stone over 18 months, with 3 fills, but she has no loose skin, or any medical issues, so I'm hoping to do it like her the only difference is that she does it at BUPA/SPIRE and has it done under XRAY with a rasberry flavoured barium, they watch the liquid go down as she is drinking the barium so that they can judge the rate and speed that she can eat and drink whilst they are giving her the fill and they adjust it accordingly. The cost is inclusive with the op price so she does'nt have to rush to get her fills within a given time limit.

The other bit of news is that when we were in Belgium my daughter did a pregnancy test and it was positive, so we went to see her band surgeon, and he has offered to see her and monitor her pregnancy and weight changes free of charge, and has included and unfills and refills if they should become necessary. so all in all she has had a good result.

Flirty Lass please take care of yourself I feel I want to bring you home here to me and look after you, I would ensure you eat your 5 a day and some protien and good carbs, please dont rush this weight loss process, you are putting your body at more risk through rapid weight loss. Ease up on yourself its not a race, if you dont you will get very ill and could have an enforced UNFILL, think carefully how that would affect you, and treat your body with care its the only one you get.

Sorry to get bossy but I have been very worried about you, and my mothering instincts have loosened my tongue. Ketosis is a symptom of body crises and not the only way to lose weight.

Congratulations mmm.. your going to be a grandmother, bet you and your daughter are made up. That is good news about her surgeon willing to look after her through her pregnancy x

Ah mmm Ur so nice i know ur right in what ur saying and my poor mum is saying the same but im defo going to start eating more and more often and il have to if i plan on doing the gym cos i know id pass out if i done exercise on what im eating and i hope that with the exercise it will boost my loss even though il be eating more and my doc scared me yesterday she was on about my liver and all sorts lol so i defo gona do this the right way from now on thanks for ur concerns and congrats to ur daughters good news on the new arrival...

And wishfull yeah normal shops are great its just such a good feeling to be able to buy clothes easier il be broke buying once i start lol but gona hold off until im closer to goal on any major buying cos be waste of money i even bought a pair of jeans i never wore jeans cos i always felt too big for them but i have them now and my mum was so happy to see me with jeans but i think il be aching for a month after the gym lol How are u doing any luck with that stubborn last lb?

Hey flirtylass, slow down!! You have got an awful lot of exercise lined up there and you do need to put some fuel in your tank for it, so make sure eat enough of the right stuff. You will soon burn it off with that regime anyway so take notice of the doctor! Bigsister x

Here here...flirty, you are just like a car running on empty, you gotta put some good fuel in there, it doesnt have to be high calorie..you will suffer from blackouts if you dont, and other things too,headaches and bad breath are another symptom of ketosis (and you got plenty of snogging to do now!)..Gary is right about ketosis, its when you start to burn muscle instead of fat..and you dont want that..you need that muscle for your skin to drape around,or you will get a few saggy bits..and you need Protein for building muscle..I know its frustrating for you with this last little bit, but go carefully and sensible flirty, losing your excess weight should be making you feel healthier, not having blackouts!..sorry for being matronly, but i do worry!..you have done fantastic in such a short time,and with the exersize regimes you have got lined up,you should be able to eat more and you will still lose like wishfull said. you need some fuel in your tank to do this like big sister said..good luck! x

Hi big sister and Gillian, I'm go glad everything is ok after your fill, did I understand that you did'nt eat before your fill, if so I did'nt know that you could'nt, you are so lucky having booked a second fill so quickly. I have to wait until the 27th March for my first fill which will make it 6 weeks post op, and then monthly or whenever its needed, or when I'm back home in the UK. I dont mind doing it slowely, my daughter has lost 4 stone over 18 months, with 3 fills, but she has no loose skin, or any medical issues, so I'm hoping to do it like her the only difference is that she does it at BUPA/SPIRE and has it done under XRAY with a rasberry flavoured barium, they watch the liquid go down as she is drinking the barium so that they can judge the rate and speed that she can eat and drink whilst they are giving her the fill and they adjust it accordingly. The cost is inclusive with the op price so she does'nt have to rush to get her fills within a given time limit.

The other bit of news is that when we were in Belgium my daughter did a pregnancy test and it was positive, so we went to see her band surgeon, and he has offered to see her and monitor her pregnancy and weight changes free of charge, and has included and unfills and refills if they should become necessary. so all in all she has had a good result.

Flirty Lass please take care of yourself I feel I want to bring you home here to me and look after you, I would ensure you eat your 5 a day and some protien and good carbs, please dont rush this weight loss process, you are putting your body at more risk through rapid weight loss. Ease up on yourself its not a race, if you dont you will get very ill and could have an enforced UNFILL, think carefully how that would affect you, and treat your body with care its the only one you get.

Sorry to get bossy but I have been very worried about you, and my mothering instincts have loosened my tongue. Ketosis is a symptom of body crises and not the only way to lose weight.

Hi mmm!!..or grandma mmm!!..great news, and also that your daughter is going to get all that care from the band surgeon..thats very good aftercare!.. I agree with what you said to flirty about ketosis being a sign that the body is in crisis..hope she takes advice, she deserves to be healthy and feeling good after all she has been through and shes only 25 too.good luck to her. oh, our fills went great, i was scared stiff, and could not believe why after!...the needle just felt like the one they did your anti blood clot injections into your stomach after op!..just a little sting, and it only took a minute on the table!..cant even see the needle prick this morning!..all that worrying for nothing i did!!.Wendy was really nice too..the hardest part in the end was walking around leeds , with all the lovely eateries!..and couldnt have a coffee before for what we thought was 3 hours, but she said that 1 hour before would have been fine, but still 3 hours for food. and after you can have coffee straight away. cant feel any restriction now, but she said that even if it was filled up to the max..you would never feel restriction with liquids..got another fill in 2 weeks where shes gonna top it up,then we can go every two weeks but are going to go once a month to the sheffield clinic 10 mins away..but at least we can take quick trip to leeds if need be.. anyway were on liquids for couple of days..so just on slimfast for breakfast and Soup for dinner, and prob for tea too.it wont do me any harm!, hope i can stick to it ok, and my weight starts shifting..our bands are HAGE (heliogast evolution) its the small 10ml band and it can have a fill of 7 to 9mls max in it..she said its an excellent band, so pleased about that. x

Hi flirtylass that stubborn 1lb is still there, it will go,eventually lol. You arnt half getting it in the neck today lol.. hope your going to take the advice, we all care about everyone else on here and wouldnt want to see you bad x

Hi bigsister im glad everything went well for you and gillian x

thanks wishfull!...i dunno what i expected...some kinda enormous horse needle or summat and blood everywhere and thought id die or summat...and it was just a tiny quick little pin prick!!, no blood no pain, nothing!..i made bigsister go first and i would not look and stuck my fingers in my ears cos i thought there would be screaming or something...thought i heard her laughing, but convinced myself she must be crying instead..but she was laughing, and allready off the table..laughing at me prob with fingers in ears and eyes tight closed,gritting my teeth!..it really was nothing like everyone said it wasnt!.at least ill be better going for my next ones now..x

:blush: Hi Freckles...not heard from you for two days, really hope everything is ok for you and your mum there?!..gillian x

:blush: GOOD LUCK! to shoes and kaka for your ops!..youll be back telling us how it all went sun/mon i bet!..Id wish you good luck, but you wont need it, your with a highly respected and experienced surgeon, and the hospital and staff are brilliant! well be thinking of you! x

Hi Kaka I'm arriving on Thurday evening the 5th and will have surgery done on the 6th, my hubby is coming with me we are staying in the Campanile :blush:

so are we so hopefully bump into each other - maybe as you and my daughter are getting done on the same day the transport might be shared.

don't know about you but my daughter is sooooo excited & me for her - its helped me tremendously being on the boards with everyone supporting each other and i think that once she's had the op she will be on here too!!

see you soon!!