Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah wishfull it'l defo start moving again i know when i was around ur stage i had a standstill for about 3wks i near tore my hair out lol and even when i come to a halt now i stil worry like mad but i should know better its just hard to cope with... Well last nite i couldnt sleep and i got up at 2am and scoffed 6special k bars what possesed me lol

Hi flirtylass, :( omg 6 bars lol.. good job there not fattening. Im not too worried about the weight loss cos i no itl start moving again soon an iv done well so far x

Ah wishfull it'l defo start moving again i know when i was around ur stage i had a standstill for about 3wks i near tore my hair out lol and even when i come to a halt now i stil worry like mad but i should know better its just hard to cope with... Well last nite i couldnt sleep and i got up at 2am and scoffed 6special k bars what possesed me lol

That sounds like my trick! I buy low cal bars/crisps etc and end up having 2 or 3 cos I think they don't count!

Can I just ask - I can eat lots can't I on the pre-op diet just no/low fat things? i.e. I can eat lots of bread and stuff if I wanted to just no butter/marg? I am defo not going to lose any weight! But hopefully my liver will shrink!!

Hi Guys and Dolls,

Welcome to the newcomers!

I haven't posted much because I figured out that if I don't spend all my time here on the forum, it's much easier to fit exercise into the day (DUH!) and I definately need to get my metabolism going. Flirtylass, pole dancing sounds like an absolute blast! Let us know how it goes.

I had my first fill yesterday, in London. Frederik was great and asked questions and asked if I had any questions. He seemed truly surprised and pleased that I had lost just under 2 stone in 5 weeks. Especially since I felt no restriction. He put in 3ml or whatever measurement they use. It was really fun to meet some of the other patients there, some have had their bands for years and some just a few months. It was so nice to see people who had lost 6 or more stone and talk with them about the changes. The best part was that I wouldn't have guessed that they had had a weight problem, they looked so good. Sammy, I think it was you mentioned fills in London? There are 2 days a month (Thursdays), 2 weeks apart. Dr. Chris does one and Frederik does the other. It costs 80 pounds.

I forgot to mention some things about my stay in the hospital for surgery. First, when I was checking into the hospital, they put the wrong wrist ID strap thingy on me. The lady realized the error before I got on the elevator, so be sure to check that your name is on the wristband. My surname is also a mans first name. Even though my first name is Tammy, they thought I was a man so they reserved a bed for me in a room of men. That was easily straightened out. Also, I guess I never told Dr. Chris that I'm American, so coming from the UK he thought I was English. Anyway he told me after the surgery that had he known, he would have given me an FDA approved band, but as it is I have a Heliogast. We haven't lived in the US for almost 20 years, so I don't know if there will be a problem with fills when/if I move back there.

Sammy, I went early to Brussels and did a lot of Art Nouveau sightseeing. Haven't made it to Bruges yet. It is supposed to be a beautiful city. I also stayed an extra day after surgery, there is a park with pond close to the hotel that you can walk around. The train station is right next to the hotel if you feel like going into Brussels on Sunday as everything in Vilvoorde is closed. It cost less than 10 euros for both of us round trip. You can get off at any of the 3 stations in the city and can get on at any of the 3 stations to go back.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for March 4th to check for gallstones, but I haven't had anymore pain, so I doubt they will find anything.

Hope everyone continues to do well and those being banded today will return with good news. -T

Hi Guys, just popin in for my weekly weigh in. Its 1lb for the week, not good but not a gain, I have absolutly no difference in what I can eat pre/post banding, I,ve tried the nono foods most of you had trouble with before your fill, but nothings a problem for me down it goes, straight to my waist. So.... hey ho its off to the gym I go, I booked a six week course which will take me to Easter, I them move to France for the summer, with the occasional visit home for band fills. My first is on 27th March so I've got ages to go yet.

I guess that even without any discomfort with eating I must be making healthier choices, and goodness only knows where the motivation to go to the gym has come from, but its all good.

Now, does anyone know how I change the ticker to show my massive weight loss of 1LB.

Hi Freckles, hope all is well with you and you are starting your recovery.

hey guys me is back, a little delicate but great really.

When I woke up I had an awful stinging sensation in my tummy, but it soon went after the morphine.

This is a pic taken of me 2 hours after surgery, and I think I look really well even though a bit bloated.

2086tmp.jpg

Hope it doesnt put you off your brekkys.:(

I was starving last night, and today I cant eat either, except fat free yogurt and veg juice...blinkin exciting stuff eh.

Anyway Michael Van den Bossche is a fabulous surgeon, he must be so gentle considering I havent had much pain.

I have been having Calpol, since the morphine and an anti-inflammatory each morning, that dissolves on the tongue.

They gave me one injection in the stomach yesterday before I left the hospital and took off my plasters.

I didnt have a drain, I didnt have one last time either.

The nurse sprayed each wound with an antiseptic plastic covering! Never heard of that.

She gave me plasters but said I didnt have to wear them if I didnt want to.

I have another 5 scars now as MVDB wanted fresh openings.

He took out the faulty band and told me that the actual hole is in the tubing???????

Not in the band as the contrast study showed....seems strange.

Anyway he said it is already on its way to the USA for examination.

I now have an all singing-all dancing new small band:lol:

I have to get well soon for my Mum, as she's not too well bless her.

I'm sure all your good wishes and kind thoughts have helped me so much, and so glad you are all such big losers :tongue2::thumbup:

When I woke up I had an awful stinging sensation in my tummy, but it soon went after the morphine.

This is a pic taken of me 2 hours after surgery, and I think I look really well even though a bit bloated.

2086tmp.jpg

I was starving last night, and today I cant eat either, except fat free yogurt and veg juice...blinkin exciting stuff eh.

Anyway Michael Van den Bossche is a fabulous surgeon, he must be so gentle considering I havent had much pain.

I have been having Calpol, since the morphine and an anti-inflammatory each morning, that dissolves on the tongue.

They gave me one injection in the stomach yesterday before I left the hospital and took off my plasters.

The nurse sprayed each wound with an antiseptic plastic covering! Never heard of that.

He took out the faulty band and told me that the actual hole is in the tubing???????

I'm sure all your good wishes and kind thoughts have helped me so much, and so glad you are all such big losers :tongue2::thumbup:

Hi Freckles, great to see you doing so well, you look as if you're having a bit of a tipple there - is that why you're looking/feeling so well?! And looks like you had the hairdresser in as well. I'm certain I didn't look that good 2 hours after surgery so you're doing great and it's good to know you didn't have pain for very long.

I know you want to recover as quickly as possible for your Mum but don't rush it too much and set yourself back.

Great to have you back with us and keep posting with your progress, take care, bigsister x

Thanx Big S.... They made me sit in the chair cos I had nasties on my chest, and needed for it to come up.

It didnt until the next day. I know...too much info...sorry.

My hair was hairsprayed to death so it wouldnt move lol.

Now I am fighting with not smoking cos i promised myself i would do this.

I have to take each day at a time, but its been so much a part of my life for so long its going to be a struggle.

At least I cant compensate with food.

How long before you girls went to the loo, btw?

2086tmp.jpg

Freckles - so glad to hear that your operation went well!! I hope you recover quickly especially after all your troubles. I hope your mum gets better too. You look great by the way!! Are you at the Spire?

Keep us updated! I have my op a week on Friday, hasn't the time flown! It's a good job as I have been eating like a horse!! Lots of love xxxxx:smile2:

2086tmp.jpg

so glad to see yoy back freckles, glad everything went well and your not in much pain..thanks for putting your photo on, it does look like you are having a little tipple?!..was it a calpol shot!? .lets hope that you make a great and quick recovery, and your mum does too..you must be worried though,and i hope all goes well with the next few weeks especially, as youll be sore, and that you and your mum get all the help possible for your good recoveries...good luck!!(oh by the way, the barium we had in hosp for the xray worked great as laxative!!..but after that i used lactolose, for week or so..its mild liquid laxative and helps a lot...its just cos of all the drugs youve had in your system, plus the lack of food suppose!!) x

Edited by gillian

yes like wishfull says (me wishfull and bigsister went at same time) we really wish we had stayed one extra night like you are doing..we had to get up about 3 am that morning to go to airport, about 12 hours after leaving hospital (and it was charleroi aiport an hour extra travel) so it was not ideal, and just that one day makes one hell of a difference, dont know about Bruges im afraid!..think there are lots of art galleries to see though?!..it will be nice break before your surgery, as you wont feel like doing anything after, if someone would have told me there was a fifty pound note at the side of my bed i wouldnt have been bothered to move!. x

.......but if someone had told her there was a Wispa at the side of her bed, it would have been a different matter altogether.....! Bigsister x

2086tmp.jpg

Hope it doesnt put you off your brekkys.:o

I'm sure all your good wishes and kind thoughts have helped me so much, and so glad you are all such big losers :lol::smile:

Hi Freckles, great to see your over op you look great, hope i look as well as you, i am having surgery next Friday starting to get really nervous, but looking at you freckles i have calm down a bit :wink: thanks for sharing your experience with us its a great help especially when you look so good, hope you're mams feeling a lot better lol x:smile:

Hi Sammy, how are you getting on with pre op diet,im doing ok just cant stop thinking about it now, the time is flying by cant believe it has come round so quick when are you traveling to Belgium lol x:smile:

hi to all you experienced banbsters,does Frederick tell you when he comes to hotel the night before what time you will have surgery at,what time do you have to be at the hosp:confused:

Freckles,I am so shocked looking at your photo its like looking at myself in a mirror. I am so pleased you've come through the second op so well, lets hope now all will go to plan and you can get back on track, and start to recover. Tell your mum you have friends here and we're all wishing her a quick recovery. xxxmmmxxx.

2086tmp.jpg

Hope it doesnt put you off your brekkys.:wink:

I'm sure all your good wishes and kind thoughts have helped me so much, and so glad you are all such big losers :smile::o

Dear Freckles,

Are you sure that a photo of you 2 hours AFTER an operation, as Viktor Meldrew would say "I can't believe it!"

You look as if your at a spa getting all dollied up, and it's actually a wee G&T going in instead of the morphine! My goodness if we all look as well as you do, we'll be all singing and dancing. I hope your mother enjoyed her wee break in her favorite "hotel", I'm sure she'll be happy to see you looking so well.

Take care now

Fatpants

Hi fatpants Well as of today i have 5stone 4lbs off which im happy about:) Ah time will start to fly in for you i cant believe im done since 5th september feels like no time since i first looked into the op...

Hi shoes yeah fred has a full time unfill nurse here for emergencies but wls have clinics in dublin and belfast

Hey Flirtylass you have done so well, well done, the thought that I could possible lose 5 stone by the end of the summer just seems like a dream! ANYWAYYYYY.... What happened at the weekend: did you or did you not see the hot stuff?

Fatpants.