Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi Sammy, have you looked at the aftercare packages from WLS?..they are 6 months 12 months or 2 years..unlimited fills and unfills and all advice etc..they are held all over country, so you might have one nearer to you?..me and bigsister have found one only 10 mins drive away from us at bupa hosp, so are really pleased we dont have to travel..its worth a vist to their website for you, you never know (dont know where you live tho, so cant say if there will be one close)..wendy the fill nurse is familiar with doctor chris bands and noticed a few on forum do use WLS

Gillian - thanks. I have looked at WLS. I live in Berkshire and the nearest place is London. I do work in London sometimes but it'll be hard to match it up with the days Dr Chris is there too and I'll prob not want to go back to work feeling like a pin cushion!!

Spire do fills (think that's who Freckles is being re-done by) and there is one closer to me. I phoned then and they said they could do it but it would be best to stick with ur surgeon. I will phone back though if i decide to go down this road as I can't see it'll make a huge difference. She said they would x-ray you to see where the port is so that's fair enough. It would be so much easier for me and cheaper as it's nearly £40 to get into London and I hate the tube so another £25 in taxi's!

I will speak to Dr Chris - I am willing to pay the extra to go into London to be filled by Dr CHris (I think he actaully does them or at least visits the London clinic) but I won't be happy if you have difficulty in getting an appointment!!

Just finished my last supper by the way! A lovely chinese take-away and I went to McDonalds for lunch for good measure :)!!

Hi fatpants Well as of today i have 5stone 4lbs off which im happy about:) Ah time will start to fly in for you i cant believe im done since 5th september feels like no time since i first looked into the op...

Hi shoes yeah fred has a full time unfill nurse here for emergencies but wls have clinics in dublin and belfast

Gillian - thanks. I have looked at WLS. I live in Berkshire and the nearest place is London. I do work in London sometimes but it'll be hard to match it up with the days Dr Chris is there too and I'll prob not want to go back to work feeling like a pin cushion!!

Spire do fills (think that's who Freckles is being re-done by) and there is one closer to me. I phoned then and they said they could do it but it would be best to stick with ur surgeon. I will phone back though if i decide to go down this road as I can't see it'll make a huge difference. She said they would x-ray you to see where the port is so that's fair enough. It would be so much easier for me and cheaper as it's nearly £40 to get into London and I hate the tube so another £25 in taxi's!

I will speak to Dr Chris - I am willing to pay the extra to go into London to be filled by Dr CHris (I think he actaully does them or at least visits the London clinic) but I won't be happy if you have difficulty in getting an appointment!!

Just finished my last supper by the way! A lovely chinese take-away and I went to McDonalds for lunch for good measure :rolleyes:!!

good on you!..into your pre op now,so your really counting down quickly now!..youll be banded before you know it and youll be so glad you had a last supper, but do make sure you have your last last supper at the hotel night before op!..try the steak cos youll never get to eat it again,its painfull after your banded.. i did terrible on my pre op diet i might add, infact i prob only did about a day..my liver was fine though, so dont beat yourself up over any incidents with bit of choc etc!..we know we cant stick to diets, thats why were here!..this forces you to..i think ive called the band..."enforced willpower" before?! i think wishfull tried to book with spire, and it was astronomical price! they shouldnt need to give you xray to find port as its very easily found by an experienced fill nurse and takes minutes.. think its their way of pushing price up..so if it suits you to get to see chris..your best sticking to him, you can always change after, and apparantly (ill tell you this tues!) there is no discomfort after fill and you can drive and do everything.wishfull drove miles straight after hers other week and was fine. the first fill takes longer i think as they put the most in and then pull it back into syringe to test for leaks before pushing it back through (this is what boboboldy told me) and then his second fill took less than one minute. anyway good luck with your pre op diet and try to get bit of exercise in too, just walking, as others found this beneficial to feeling better quicker after op..it makes sense, gillian x

hi wishfull, i did post you a reply yesterday, but it dissappeared when i hit send!..cant even remember exactly what i put now, but it was about the jury service...can you get out of it at all? hopefully it wont be a long case if not, i know a woman from work did it last year and it took 2 weeks and it was big case of a doctor who sexually abused young female patients..she obviously didnt or couldnt tell us what the case was but it was in local papers on front page that night.. i think your prob talking a week at most..unless its a murder or summat, and they are pleading not guilty. i wish id get called up! was it spire that you looked into for fills and it was amazingly high price?! sammy was looking into them too. i think they try to push price up with xray by sounds of it,when port is easily found without?. hope your doing well anyway,can you feel the restriction from your first fill? we will catch up with you soon as were having second fill same day as you..then will have em every month, i dont wanna do it too quick with fortnightly fills each time..its took me enough time to get used to this restriction i have got from empty band!, but def ready for it now..i even had Beans on toast this morning, couldnt even do toast last week...bread still a no no though. it will do me good to do the liquids for a few days again, as i have come to a standstill....and its really frustrating!!:rolleyes: x

:rolleyes: Hi freckles...hope your doing well after your op?..we are thinking of you. and hope your mums doing well too after hers, let us know when you feel up to it? all the best for a speedy recovery to you both x

Hi sammy, gillian is right i did get in touch with the spire and they gave a ridiculous price of about £500 because id have too see the nurse, dr and have xrays.. being honest im glad i didnt change as frederik was great, he asked me loads of questions on how i was doing, let me ask him questions, he didnt rush me at all. I didnt feel the injection at all.. i kept my eyes closed so i couldnt see, you kind of feel the liquid going in but you have no pain or discomfort. I book my fills in plenty of time.. 2mnths in advance. My 1st fill i wasnt down on the list but frederik didnt mind and still done it so in future if i cant get a app i will just go because i know i will get done. Good luck on your preop x

Hi gillian yeh it was the spire and a really stupid price. I have got restriction not as much as it was but its there, Where are you having your 2nd fill? x

Hi gillian yeh it was the spire and a really stupid price. I have got restriction not as much as it was but its there, Where are you having your 2nd fill? x

second and subsequent fills in sheffield just 10 mins away from home so thats good, but having extra one this tues in leeds thats about 40 mins journey, but surgery is bang opposite train station..were (me and bigsister) gonna have a look around leeds after too,supposed to be ok for shopping there, will only have an hour suppose, otherwise get there couple of hours early and shop before.and have a coffee, if were allowed, after fill?! its at 1.30pm i think our appointment. x

Hi fatpants Well as of today i have 5stone 4lbs off which im happy about:) Ah time will start to fly in for you i cant believe im done since 5th september feels like no time since i first looked into the op...

Hi shoes yeah fred has a full time unfill nurse here for emergencies but wls have clinics in dublin and belfast

Hey flirtylass your weight loss is amazing.. mine seems to have come to a stand still again.. im still waiting for the 2lb to come off which will take me to 2 stone lost, but im not worrried i now it will start moving again soon x.

good on you!..into your pre op now,so your really counting down quickly now!..youll be banded before you know it and youll be so glad you had a last supper, but do make sure you have your last last supper at the hotel night before op!..try the steak cos youll never get to eat it again,its painfull after your banded.. i did terrible on my pre op diet i might add, infact i prob only did about a day..my liver was fine though, so dont beat yourself up over any incidents with bit of choc etc!..we know we cant stick to diets, thats why were here!..this forces you to..i think ive called the band..."enforced willpower" before?! i think wishfull tried to book with spire, and it was astronomical price! they shouldnt need to give you xray to find port as its very easily found by an experienced fill nurse and takes minutes.. think its their way of pushing price up..so if it suits you to get to see chris..your best sticking to him, you can always change after, and apparantly (ill tell you this tues!) there is no discomfort after fill and you can drive and do everything.wishfull drove miles straight after hers other week and was fine. the first fill takes longer i think as they put the most in and then pull it back into syringe to test for leaks before pushing it back through (this is what boboboldy told me) and then his second fill took less than one minute. anyway good luck with your pre op diet and try to get bit of exercise in too, just walking, as others found this beneficial to feeling better quicker after op..it makes sense, gillian x

Thanks Gillian and Wishful. When I asked the Spire they said I think £259 for the first if needed an extra less if you didn't then £100 after that but I am going to phone back in a bit. I wonder if they vary hospital to hospital. I am happy to keep with Dr Chris as long as I can get the appointments relatively easily. I don't mind booking in advance - I defo think that is best but his secretary wouldn't let me book until after I have been banded so I thought it may have been a battle to book in advance!

First morning of pre-op going well! Only because I haven't been in the house!! We are going to Bruges for a few days before op so I will do lots of walking and try to steer clear of the chocolate shops :rolleyes:!! I will have a few fillet steaks I think then - no fat on them!!

Thanks Gillian and Wishful. When I asked the Spire they said I think £259 for the first if needed an extra less if you didn't then £100 after that but I am going to phone back in a bit. I wonder if they vary hospital to hospital. I am happy to keep with Dr Chris as long as I can get the appointments relatively easily. I don't mind booking in advance - I defo think that is best but his secretary wouldn't let me book until after I have been banded so I thought it may have been a battle to book in advance!

First morning of pre-op going well! Only because I haven't been in the house!! We are going to Bruges for a few days before op so I will do lots of walking and try to steer clear of the chocolate shops :rolleyes:!! I will have a few fillet steaks I think then - no fat on them!!

Hi sammy which hotel are you staying at? If i was you id phone dr chris secretary and book your 1st app for about 4 - 6 weeks after your op.. just dont tell her you havnt had your op yet lol x

Hi sammy which hotel are you staying at? If i was you id phone dr chris secretary and book your 1st app for about 4 - 6 weeks after your op.. just dont tell her you havnt had your op yet lol x

Thanks Wishful - that's probably a good idea! I will no doubt be dying to get a fill after the 6 weeks and I am not the most patient person at the best of times!!

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza in Bruges and the Campilie (or whatever it's called!) in Brussels. I have booked an extra night after the op so I can have an extra day to recover before travelling back.

Do you know Bruges? Any recommendations of places to visit?

Thanks Wishful - that's probably a good idea! I will no doubt be dying to get a fill after the 6 weeks and I am not the most patient person at the best of times!!

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza in Bruges and the Campilie (or whatever it's called!) in Brussels. I have booked an extra night after the op so I can have an extra day to recover before travelling back.

Hi sammy its a good idea to stay the extra night, i wish id done that. We stayed at the campanile and the steak (for my last supper) was delicious, highly recommended. I had my fill 1 day under the 4 weeks and being honest i thought it may of been a bit soon but im so glad i did go for it then, got my 2nd in a couple of weeks and already looking forward to it. Cant help you on places to visit but i think tamisu went early to go sight seeing so she may be able to help you out on that one, Hasnt it come round quick.. on your preop already, wont be long and you'll be flying out x :rolleyes:

yes like wishfull says (me wishfull and bigsister went at same time) we really wish we had stayed one extra night like you are doing..we had to get up about 3 am that morning to go to airport, about 12 hours after leaving hospital (and it was charleroi aiport an hour extra travel) so it was not ideal, and just that one day makes one hell of a difference, dont know about Bruges im afraid!..think there are lots of art galleries to see though?!..it will be nice break before your surgery, as you wont feel like doing anything after, if someone would have told me there was a fifty pound note at the side of my bed i wouldnt have been bothered to move!. x

Ah wishfull it'l defo start moving again i know when i was around ur stage i had a standstill for about 3wks i near tore my hair out lol and even when i come to a halt now i stil worry like mad but i should know better its just hard to cope with... Well last nite i couldnt sleep and i got up at 2am and scoffed 6special k bars what possesed me lol