Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

your doing great freckles!!..hope you keep up the no smoking quest!!..youll feel so much healthier especially when the weight comes off too..youll be like a born again teenager!..i wish you luck! also, i asked my fill nurse wendy if a long haul flight affects band and she said definatly and that any flight over 4 hours..you should have an unfill as the pressure builds up..also if your stressed or anxious it affects it ..glad i asked that. hope your mum is feeling bit better today too x

See!!!! I knew it, so glad you asked that Gillian...I still wonder why the anaesthetist said a long haul wouldnt affect the band, prat!!!

I have a meeting with the Ward manager (sister) and the surgeon on Monday at 9am to discuss my concerns about my Mum. Last night when I went in, her cup was still there that I had bought her, but 2 dirty nighties, one with dinner all down the front and the other one was er umm, well ..soiled.

So have been out today and bought another 3 nighties, as she's going through 2/3 a day, and I dont want her in those hospital gowns.

Now she has about 12 so will make it easier for me.

She wasnt good at all last night, asked me why I woke her up when I went in????

Poor old sausage, many thanx for your kindness Gillian.

Edited by Freckles
spelling

Hi fatpants i dont think you need to go for the band x

Hi Wishfull,

Why's that then?

Fatpants

Just a little update on my Mum....

Well my moaning and asking for a meeting, and telling the surgeon about my Mum's dehydration has worked. Sarah went in to see her tonight and she is back to her old self.

Sarah says she has plasters inside her elbows, where they've had a drip. But when she asked the nurse, she played dumb :rolleyes:

They have noticeably had her on a saline drip to put the Fluid back in her body

I am so relieved, but will be voicing my complaint on Monday @ 9am when I have an appointment to see the sister and Doctor.

After all what would have happened if I hadnt spoken up??

B**tards !!!!! It's inexcusable, busy or not, I thought the idea was to keep patients alive not to put their lives at risk, maybe in the future they will be more vigilant with the elderly.

I have to get my stitches out that day too at 10:30 am, so wont have time to waste with the Sister and Doc, will have to get straight to the point.:thumbup:

Well my moaning and asking for a meeting, and telling the surgeon about my Mum's dehydration has worked. Sarah went in to see her tonight and she is back to her old self.

Sarah says she has plasters inside her elbows, where they've had a drip. But when she asked the nurse, she played dumb :rolleyes:

I am so relieved, but will be voicing my complaint on Monday @ 9am when I have an appointment to see the sister and Doctor.

B**tards !!!!! It's inexcusable, busy or not, I thought the idea was to keep patients alive not to put their lives at risk, maybe in the future they will be more vigilant with the elderly.

I have to get my stitches out that day too at 10:30 am, so wont have time to waste with the Sister and Doc, will have to get straight to the point.:thumbup:

Maybe they thought if they did something it might let them off the hook and you wouldn't bother about the meeting on Monday but it's not the way it's supposed to work is it - you telling them what the problem is - it's not meant to be DIY diagnosis by family members. That's those who are lucky enough to have family who will be assertive, some poor devils have no-one and you just wonder what state they have to get into before anything gets done. Anyway, glad your Mum is on the mend and feeling more herself now, she will be home with you soon, fingers crossed. Hope you are feeling ok too, even if somewhat stressed, bigsister x

Isn't it terrible, just to receive normal patient care someone has to complain. I am so glad to hear your Mum is doing better now. For her to have improved so quickly they probably gave here antibiotics aswell as saline solution through the drip, that would help the infection she had, which would have been causing her to be hilucinating, or not all there for want of better words! I am really relieved for you, but still be strong at the meeting because you want this care to continue.

Take care

Fatpants

Hi freckles, im so glad your mum is on the mend.. she will soon be home with you getting proper care.. i dont know what it is with these places and elderly care? the elderly should be the ones who get the better care than anyone.. with out them living and surviving the war we wouldnt be where we are today, the ward mgr and dr will try and fob u off with some excuse. Good luck for then and when you have your stiches out x

Fatpants and Wishful, thanx for your comments and I agree with both of you, it is a disgrace to treat anyone this way more so the elderly who are at their most vulnerable time of life.

I hope nobody else has to suffer this, and I wish we had picked up on it earlier, rather than be fobbed off by the nurses saying 'well she wont be herself, she's just had major surgery'

I asked what was going on last Sunday, 3 days after my own op, because I felt that she should have been getting back to some sort of normality by then.

Thank you again girls for your support and I will be as strong as possible on Monday, at this meeting. My 2 daughters are coming with me and they both have things to say.

I'm going to write mine down and print it off, just to make me remember things.

Edited by Freckles

For anyone on the slop diet, like me, I made a lovely Soup yesterday and have just finished it off, and am making more.

Asda's organics, soup mix...it doesnt need soaking you just simmer it for about an hour, it says 40 mins but I gave mine longer as I wanted it very soft.

I put an onion and garlic in it, a few Knorr chicken stock cubes and salt and pepper and it was lovely, so tasty.

I am not a great lover of pulses, but I know they are very nutricious so thought I'd give it a go.

The husband also loved it, though he added chilli powder to his.

At least you can eat something with a bit of adult flavouring in instead of baby food.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:" />

:laugh: Hi Freckles..im so glad your mum is feeling a lot better, and more like her old self..It will have been the Water infection that was leaving her feeling awful and also halucinating, (and talking broken biscuits!(not heard that saying before!)..its not very nice for us to see when they are like that either is it. so glad you have got somewhere, and hope shell be able to stand up and take a few steps soon,i know it takes longer for broken bones to heal in the elderly, and shell need some physiotherapy, but like you say, the best physio is probably doing her normal things at home,where she has her family for support, she might need a frame,or sticks at first for confidence ,but hopefully shell be mended very soon. oh, hope your doing well too!?, your Soup sounds lovely, ill take a trip to asda! x

:laugh: Hi Freckles..im so glad your mum is feeling a lot better, and more like her old self..It will have been the Water infection that was leaving her feeling awful and also halucinating, (and talking broken biscuits!(not heard that saying before!)..its not very nice for us to see when they are like that either is it. so glad you have got somewhere, and hope shell be able to stand up and take a few steps soon,i know it takes longer for broken bones to heal in the elderly, and shell need some physiotherapy, but like you say, the best physio is probably doing her normal things at home,where she has her family for support, she might need a frame,or sticks at first for confidence ,but hopefully shell be mended very soon. oh, hope your doing well too!?, your Soup sounds lovely, ill take a trip to asda! x

Cheers Gillian, I thought the same about the infection, but then read the symptoms of dehydration on the NHS website

dry mouth (xerostomia),

* chapped or dry lips,

* dry eyes,dry,

* loose skin with a lack of elasticity,

* sunken features, particularly the eyes (enophthalmos),

* clammy hands and feet,

* headaches,

* light-headedness,

* dizziness,

* tiredness,

* confusion and irritability,

* loss of appetite,

she had nearly all of those symptoms, as well as vomiting which is another symptom.

I am appalled that it could have been sorted out so much sooner, if we hadnt been fobbed off with 'its because she has had major surgery'

I'm going to the hospital soon, I cant wait to see her, I hope she's still back to her normal self.

xxxx

U dont look big at all in your pics x :laugh:

Ah, well I cheated! My profile picture is about 2 1/2 years old and three stone lighter! If you look at the other photos, say the walk to the windmills, I tagged myself on a photo, it's mostly around my belly but it's spreading! I'm a size 20/22.

Fatpants

Hi vanessa to save you coming to far off the A55 do you want me to meet you in one of the service stations, then i'll drive and it'll give you a break from driving for a couple of hours.. it'll be a long drive for you x