Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

welcome to all the pre-bandsters, you have made the right decision, you'll never look back.

When I went for my fill and freddy boy weighed me he said 'looks like you had a good christmas..lol' cheeky git lol. he couldnt put 3 back in so I had to settle for 2.5, but it seems pretty good, I cant eat as much as before so lets hope it helps me get rid of some of this unwanted weight.

I still fit into my size 16 jeans but they're a bit snug.

there were so many people in manchester most waiting for a fill, and 2 ladies who went for a consultation. I couldnt believe the people that didnt even know how many mls they had in their bands!!

i think its this board that has helped me so much in that respect and the niceness of all the members here have helped me stay on track.

My daughter only had 2 put in too bringing her to 5, and I'm on 6.

maybe because I'm not up to 6.5 the acid reflux will stop hopefully I'll still lose though, time will tell.

patty you have done so well, bet you feel like a new woman, and good luck, may all your wishes come true xx.

Hya Slinx, nice to see you are still around advising everyone, you are a little star xxx

I wonder how sammy is getting on, she put on weight like me from the defill and was going for her fill early january.

Keep losing girls, good luck to anyone going for their op soon, and dont forget to report back xxx

i had my surgery on 11 january, and i have my fill booked for 10 feb (i think) anyone going for a fill on this date in manchester?

welcome to all the pre-bandsters, you have made the right decision, you'll never look back.

When I went for my fill and freddy boy weighed me he said 'looks like you had a good christmas..lol' cheeky git lol. he couldnt put 3 back in so I had to settle for 2.5, but it seems pretty good, I cant eat as much as before so lets hope it helps me get rid of some of this unwanted weight.

I still fit into my size 16 jeans but they're a bit snug.

there were so many people in manchester most waiting for a fill, and 2 ladies who went for a consultation. I couldnt believe the people that didnt even know how many mls they had in their bands!!

i think its this board that has helped me so much in that respect and the niceness of all the members here have helped me stay on track.

My daughter only had 2 put in too bringing her to 5, and I'm on 6.

maybe because I'm not up to 6.5 the acid reflux will stop hopefully I'll still lose though, time will tell.

patty you have done so well, bet you feel like a new woman, and good luck, may all your wishes come true xx.

Hya Slinx, nice to see you are still around advising everyone, you are a little star xxx

I wonder how sammy is getting on, she put on weight like me from the defill and was going for her fill early january.

Keep losing girls, good luck to anyone going for their op soon, and dont forget to report back xxx

great to see ya back hunny,i think your doing great not far to target now xx,i never got a fill before xmas just so i could enjoy it but im going this thur for my third fill i have 5.5 so im hoping he might get 1ml in hopefully because i can still eat porrige for brek,normally no lunch and a full chicken curry so still a fair bit,hopefully this next fill will sort my greedy arse out lol,hope your acid stay's away too hun xx

i had my surgery on 11 january, and i have my fill booked for 10 feb (i think) anyone going for a fill on this date in manchester?

well done on getting your surgery hun any questions just throw them at these guys lol xx

hello, what happens when you have a fill? do you have to be nil by mouth befroe you have a fill?? and what about after, how many days on liquids and how many days on mush before you start on normal foods.

hello, what happens when you have a fill? do you have to be nil by mouth befroe you have a fill?? and what about after, how many days on liquids and how many days on mush before you start on normal foods.

Definately not nil by mouth, I would eat as much as you can because you may not be able to after the fill and drink plenty of Water before as well.

They give you an advice card for how many days on liquids (3 I think) and then mushies for about the same. Do a search on this threadand we will have posted what it is.

I had a fill in late October and have only just started to eat very small amounts (and I mean a maximum of two bites) of chicken cut up into 2 x 2cm cubes. The restriction I had from that fill was unbelievable and I felt quite unwell with it. But then we are all different and I have lost 27.5 pounds since then nearly 2 stone (gosh that's a shocker).

HTH

Claire

you have done so well, i dont want to get too many fills as i will need a defil as i am off to america in august, i only have a 7ml band and i really want restriction after 1-2 fills, i know this is wishful thinking.

i also only want to loose 4 stone and have lost 9.5 pounds already.

i tried to searh it, but it is a massive thread and it is hard to know which word to put in.

i am worried about an over tight band - i tink it is quite dangerous

you have done so well, i dont want to get too many fills as i will need a defil as i am off to america in august, i only have a 7ml band and i really want restriction after 1-2 fills, i know this is wishful thinking.

i also only want to loose 4 stone and have lost 9.5 pounds already.

i tried to searh it, but it is a massive thread and it is hard to know which word to put in.

i am worried about an over tight band - i tink it is quite dangerous

Hello All

Had a good day today as I am on liquids for the first 2 days after a fill' date=' then mushies for 2 days and then back on chew chew chew! Definately restriction there as I found out today drank a cuppa coffee to quickly and it was gurgling and glugging around. Eventually went down ok. Felt a little odd but all well. [/quote']

HTH

hello thanks for getting back to me guys.

sade dont worry too much your first fill dosnt really do anything other than fill the band up it is the fills after this that start to tighten band,as claire says were all different she can only eat a wee bit i can eat a whole chicken curry and i have two fills so it does depend on how you feel hun,the fills dont hurt at all and only take about 10 seconds lol i normally have fluids the day of fill and the next day then go back on to Soup etc good luck hun

also i am loosing alot of weight on te liquid stage - but when look in the mirror i still look fat, which is fine, well it's not but you know what i mean.

how has everyone's weight been when they have gone from liquids to the mushy stage, i gather i will gain some weight, but did anyone loose their weight quickly after this??

i am glad the fills dont hurt as i have been in alot of pain from this surgery, i am so looking forward to mushy stage - jacket potato, fish in parsely sauce, mushy peas - all so yummy.

I get my fill on Thursday too Slinky.....was a bit nervous thinking it would get tight but now I know it takes a few fills I feel a bit more relaxed. I take it, it will be ok to drive the same day? I still cant eat very much, can just about manage the weight watchers meal for 1....if it continues like that I will be chuffed lol.

Good luck to everyone xxx

i hope i have restriction like that after my first fill, can't afford to be going back and forth every two minutes and paying out £90 as i am giong to have it emptied in august as i am going on holiday to america.

I get my fill on Thursday too Slinky.....was a bit nervous thinking it would get tight but now I know it takes a few fills I feel a bit more relaxed. I take it, it will be ok to drive the same day? I still cant eat very much, can just about manage the weight watchers meal for 1....if it continues like that I will be chuffed lol.

Good luck to everyone xxx

that's good charlene i well had my appetite back at that stage so you might be ok for a bit even after your fill so that would be good for you hun,and yes you will be fine driving they just make you drink a glass of Water to make sure it goes down they normally give you 3ml for your first fill xx

i hope i have restriction like that after my first fill, can't afford to be going back and forth every two minutes and paying out £90 as i am giong to have it emptied in august as i am going on holiday to america.

I travelled to the States at Christmas and the advice I received from Dr Chris etc was to not have a fill 2weeks before I was due to fly. I travelled with 5 mls in my band. My last fill was late October and I travelled in December. I didn't have to have it emptied.

If you are flying and making a special meal request on the airline make sure you have it confirmed as I travelled on both flights and there was no special request for me. Luckily I had cuppa Soup with me (so glad I decided to shove some in the rucksack!) otherwise it would have been awful. I found the flight caused some restriction but after a few days I was able to eat a little more.

HTH

Claire