Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:mellow:Hi everyone.

Well it will be 2 weeks untill i go on the low fat diet. I,ve been trying to eat healthy for last couple of weeks, not done to well but i have been keeping myself busy and i have not gained any weight so im happy with that.I,ve got a couple of questions if anyone can help with. Slinky did i read that you cant do sit ups,wot about power plates can you go on them (birthday in march asked for gym pass) Also when did you start taking thistle milk tabs. Where can i get liquid vitamins .I am taking the package deal only have got an extra 110 euros do you think that will be enough i will probly take bank card incase.Sorry for all questions im going on my own and want to be prepared . :mellow:

Woo hoo!!! I have now lost 2st 1lb in 7 weeks since my last fill, just shy of 5 stone loss in total.

I am absolutely delighted, it is really dropping off now, this is the lowest weight I have been since I was 20 and I finally had a monthly this week, first proper one since I've had the band (and first proper one in yonks without medical intervention!) so this has made me even more positive about becoming a mummy!

If the weight loss carries on at this rate we will be at the docs at the end of the month to get our referral for IVF in again, and they won't be able to say no again because of my BMI, maybe now though the battle is going be that I am about to turn 35 :( . Feeling very encouraged that it could miraculously happen all on its own now, as I've been reading on other threads on here about ladies who have been cured of all PCOS systems after losing onwards of 40lbs and have gone on to fall pregnant. Please let 2011 be our year :)

Anyhow, nice to see lots of peeps back on the thread to keep Slinks company!

Congratulations to Carrie Jess, been keeping an eye out for your news so nice to see you back on here, and you too Freckles.

Well done everyone else for the progress you are making, good luck to those getting back in the swing of things after Crimbo, and to all the newbies of course xx

Well it will be 2 weeks untill i go on the low fat diet. I,ve been trying to eat healthy for last couple of weeks, not done to well but i have been keeping myself busy and i have not gained any weight so im happy with that.I,ve got a couple of questions if anyone can help with. Slinky did i read that you cant do sit ups,wot about power plates can you go on them (birthday in march asked for gym pass) Also when did you start taking thistle milk tabs. Where can i get liquid vitamins .I am taking the package deal only have got an extra 110 euros do you think that will be enough i will probly take bank card incase.Sorry for all questions im going on my own and want to be prepared . :mellow:

Hi Sarah

I take Floravital liquid multi Vitamin and Iron which you can get from Holland and Barratt, think I might need to get some cod liver oil as well cos my joints have become very achy in the last couple of weeks.

Good luck for your op. The only money I spent was the meal and drinks the night before the op, the day I came out I managed one coffee in the hotel which lasted all afternoon in the bar and I took cup a Soups for the room, so you won't need a lot of money hun.

C x

hi there,

thanks for your letter. you mentione that is better to contact european surgery, can I get an email there just in case if I dont any reply from frederik.

thanks,

talk to soon,

blondy

Hi contact Bridget

She is really helpful: europesurgery@yahoo.co.uk>

Good luck

Kristal

Woo hoo!!! I have now lost 2st 1lb in 7 weeks since my last fill, just shy of 5 stone loss in total.

I am absolutely delighted, it is really dropping off now, this is the lowest weight I have been since I was 20 and I finally had a monthly this week, first proper one since I've had the band (and first proper one in yonks without medical intervention!) so this has made me even more positive about becoming a mummy!

If the weight loss carries on at this rate we will be at the docs at the end of the month to get our referral for IVF in again, and they won't be able to say no again because of my BMI, maybe now though the battle is going be that I am about to turn 35 :( . Feeling very encouraged that it could miraculously happen all on its own now, as I've been reading on other threads on here about ladies who have been cured of all PCOS systems after losing onwards of 40lbs and have gone on to fall pregnant. Please let 2011 be our year :)

I do hope you are able to conceive naturally and well done on a superb weight loss. I have read aswell that many couples fall pregnant when one othem loses a significant amount of weight. Fingers crossed that all goes well whether it be the natural or the IVF route and that you have a beautiful baby in your arms to cherish and love.

Take care and look after yourself.

Congratulations to Carrie Jess, been keeping an eye out for your news so nice to see you back on here, and you too Freckles.

Well done everyone else for the progress you are making, good luck to those getting back in the swing of things after Crimbo, and to all the newbies of course xx

oh good luck with the IVF ! i think they go for any excuse they can to stop you getting it for free, i ended up having ivf abroad as well, but it worked and i have a lovely girl now. i am sure they will let you do it now keep bugging your doctor. keeping my fingers crossed for you

hi hun i started taking my milkthistle two weeks before hun and you dont need liquid Vitamins i just take the kids bassett ones,no you cant do sit ups not too sure about power plates think they might be ok but not for at least 8 weeks,if you do want liquid vit try the chemist or holland and barrat,i didnt spend any money at all i just took shakes with me oh i did buy bottle of Water from hotel it was expensive about 5 euro for a large bottle xx

oh patty your are doing great i think i will be like you my weight loss is slow but i hope form this third fill it will start to speed up as your has,and wouldnt it be amazing it you ended up pregnant naturally it could happen love and i hpe it does as you are doing so well good luck hunny you've got a great chance now xxx

just thought i would mention i bought the opsite dressings from lloyds chemist in pack of 5 which are great as they are waterproof for showering etc and i took motilum tabs for nausea,windeeze,loose clothing for swelling after surgery,slip on shoes,handtowel for hosp,washbag,chew vit,nurofen melts,cup a Soup and some shakes and also take a cup or mug as they only have plastic ones in hotel and i asked for a pre med to calm me down befor surgery you have to ask for this just thought i would tell you all what i took lol

Hi contact Bridget

She is really helpful: europesurgery@yahoo.co.uk>

Good luck

Kristal

hi kristal,

thanks for the email, I already been in touch with bridget. did you go on any pre op diet or just ate normal food.I have hard time motivate myself to go on pre op diet. let me know how did it work with you. thanks

Blondy

Hi FattyPatty

Thanks and good luck.Tomorrow my neice (melanie)goes into hospital to have a wee boy like you she was refused ivf becouse of her weight she lost 2 stone at the begining of the year due to back problems.Then in the summer she found out she was prgnant.She is 39 and her bmi is a lot higher than yours.Everything has went really well with her pregnancy even although she is still quite heavy,So we are all excited about tomorrow.So keep positive its amazing what losing a bit of weight can do. sarapaisley :D

HI mummsiebb

Well havent lost any weight but have stayed the same and not gained.Ive cut down on wine as i used to like a glass or two with my dinner at night .But most importantly have been keeping busy .It will be two weeks untill i start my diet for the op.How are you doing did you get a fill in jan.

sarapaisley :D

HI mummsiebb

Well havent lost any weight but have stayed the same and not gained.Ive cut down on wine as i used to like a glass or two with my dinner at night .But most importantly have been keeping busy .It will be two weeks untill i start my diet for the op.How are you doing did you get a fill in jan.

sarapaisley :D

Hello

Well done on cutting the wine down that's a really good start. You'll find once you have had the procedure that portion size will decrease aswell.

I am due for a fill at the end of January so waiting till next Friday to see if I lose anymore as I have been able to eat very small pieces of chicken and somesmall bite bits.

So will see and then make a decision next Friday. So far lost 60.5 pounds so pleased.

Hope you pre-op diet starts off well, I know most find it difficult to stick to. I also took milkthistle to help reduce the size of the liver.

Have fun and enjoy.

Claire

Hi slinky

Thanks for advice i,ve made a list anything else you can think of will be grateful :D .

your welcome hun,i also asked hotel for an alarm call at 6 so i could shower before taxi comes aroud 6.45 and when you got to hospital you walk in past a wee reception desk and turn right and go into a waiting room there is a machine you take a ticket from i pressed the bottom button cause it's all foreign lol and sit and wait till your number is called but they can speak quite good english and take your passport to hopital good luck hun xx