Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Charlene and Slinky. Just changed my dressings earlier. Was sore after. Will feel better when the stitches are out. When did you go back to work? I'm not sure if I should go in on Monday. My job is quite heavy at times and am worried that the stiches will burst

i would hold off a bit dub girl cause if it is heavy work you have to be careful with your port side because if you pull it you will be in agony honest my friend thought she had damaged her's by lifting somthing quite heavy so try and take more time off for heavy work anyway it's not to bad light work,it's best not taking the chance of damaging it good luck hun i didnt change my bandages much i just bought the Water proof ones and took them off after 5 days to heal themselves lol and just made an appointment with the nurse in our doctors practice to check them over and take out the wee blue stitch on the 10th day xx

Well I am back from my op in Brussels. Met some lovely people over there. Hospital was spotless and Chris and Fred were so nice. Was in a lot of pain after the surgery, mainly full of gas. Feeling better today although still a bit tender. Thankfully most of the trapped wind has gone. I wasn't expecting to be in so much pain. I instantly regretted having the op when I woke up in pain. But I am assured that this is a common thread amongst everyone that has had it done.

For those who are in the process of going for surgery be sure to bring something for trapped wind in liquid form and try and walk around as that realy helped me. Stock up on fluids when you get there as I was very de-hydrated post op. You will be in pain but it's only a temporary thing. I'm so glad the surgery is over and I can now begin the real journey

The wind is really bad for the first couple of days isn'T it ? the only good thing is everyone over there is in the same boat! we all had lots of laughs about it. I bet some really lovely people at the consultation the night before surgery. its a really good idea to bring sometime with you for wind! i totally agree about the hospital and fred and chris i don't think i have ever heard anyone say a bad thing about either of them! i like the fact there is also someone in the uk u can phone when your stuck on anything i often call europe surgery if i am stuck with anything.

The pain for me was not too bad i think it was just trapped wind, and went after about 2 days.

i would hold off a bit dub girl cause if it is heavy work you have to be careful with your port side because if you pull it you will be in agony honest my friend thought she had damaged her's by lifting somthing quite heavy so try and take more time off for heavy work anyway it's not to bad light work,it's best not taking the chance of damaging it good luck hun i didnt change my bandages much i just bought the Water proof ones and took them off after 5 days to heal themselves lol and just made an appointment with the nurse in our doctors practice to check them over and take out the wee blue stitch on the 10th day xx

Completely agree with not doing any heavy work - try to rest. It wasn't my port side that hurt it was the right hand side where they had cut through the muscle due to how dense it was (from years of doing Gymnastics, so my GP said).

As for dressings I changed mine every 3 days and wrapped in clingfilm to have a shower (I know desperate!)

Book an appointment with your surgery and they will arrange for the stitches to be removed at 10 days.

Hope you are feeling better and now have no regrets. Believe me when I say that the procedure is so worth it. Having lost 60+ pounds and 50+ inches in 23 weeks I certainly don't have any regrets and the response from friends and family has been incredible and very supportive. All they keep saying is how fantastic I look and I must be near my target. But when I say I have another 40 pounds to go they are like where from. I definately know where from!

Anyway have a restful weekend all.

Claire

Completely agree with not doing any heavy work - try to rest. It wasn't my port side that hurt it was the right hand side where they had cut through the muscle due to how dense it was (from years of doing Gymnastics, so my GP said).

As for dressings I changed mine every 3 days and wrapped in clingfilm to have a shower (I know desperate!)

Book an appointment with your surgery and they will arrange for the stitches to be removed at 10 days.

Hope you are feeling better and now have no regrets. Believe me when I say that the procedure is so worth it. Having lost 60+ pounds and 50+ inches in 23 weeks I certainly don't have any regrets and the response from friends and family has been incredible and very supportive. All they keep saying is how fantastic I look and I must be near my target. But when I say I have another 40 pounds to go they are like where from. I definately know where from!

Anyway have a restful weekend all.

Claire

The clingfilm is a good idea! it feels a lot better after you have a shower doen't it? i have not regrets either, i am really doing well losing the weight. i totally agree with you julie about fredrick and chris and the serivice at europe surgery. I could not fault any of them. Everyone is so kind when you get to brussels its just what you need when you are away from home.

claire you have done so well losing 60 pounds in 23 weeks ! you should be proud of yourself! :D

The clingfilm is a good idea! it feels a lot better after you have a shower doen't it? i have not regrets either, i am really doing well losing the weight. i totally agree with you julie about fredrick and chris and the serivice at europe surgery. I could not fault any of them. Everyone is so kind when you get to brussels its just what you need when you are away from home.

claire you have done so well losing 60 pounds in 23 weeks ! you should be proud of yourself! :D

hey jane nice to hear again, yes i think the service is excellent at europe surgery . i called bridget again this morning just asking a few questions about my diet. she always answers the phone and gets back to emails straight away.

fredrick and chris are lovely too while your over there but it takes a while for them to get back to you because there so busy!

The hardest thing i find is chocolate!! its my down fall. i think i am going to try just drinking those sliming hot choc has anyone else found anything good for chocolate hits??christmas was really bad so many chocolates around...:mellow:

hey jane nice to hear again, yes i think the service is excellent at europe surgery . i called bridget again this morning just asking a few questions about my diet. she always answers the phone and gets back to emails straight away.

fredrick and chris are lovely too while your over there but it takes a while for them to get back to you because there so busy!

The hardest thing i find is chocolate!! its my down fall. i think i am going to try just drinking those sliming hot choc has anyone else found anything good for chocolate hits??christmas was really bad so many chocolates around...:mellow:

i tend to go for those low cal choc moose at least them you can get the chocolate taste, i just have to band myself from going to the supermarket too often so that i only buy so many. Thats the thing i think that has helped me the most, i only let myself shop once a week and i write down everything before i go and try really hard to stick to it. it is hard but i find if i just nip to the corner shop thats when it all starts going wrong, and i buy snack food.< /p>

slinky,

thanks for ur advice and tips.I will consider all that bits mentioned and pack them in my bag. still nothing from frederik.check my emails tomorrow than.talk to u tomorrow.

have a good night,

blondy

I always find your better off emailing europe surgery. fred really busy and takes ages getting back to emails its the same price they just have employed bridget to do the emails because they spend all day operating and doing consultations.

i tend to go for those low cal choc moose at least them you can get the chocolate taste, i just have to band myself from going to the supermarket too often so that i only buy so many. Thats the thing i think that has helped me the most, i only let myself shop once a week and i write down everything before i go and try really hard to stick to it. it is hard but i find if i just nip to the corner shop thats when it all starts going wrong, and i buy snack food.< /p>

hey, I think this is really good advice, i might do this sit down at the weekend and just write down everything i need for the week. look in some cook books and well and see what i can eat. I find this time of year the hardest its so cold outside and its really hard not to eat comfort food.

hey, I think this is really good advice, i might do this sit down at the weekend and just write down everything i need for the week. look in some cook books and well and see what i can eat. I find this time of year the hardest its so cold outside and its really hard not to eat comfort food.< /p>

Yes its really hard. In the summer you can eat salad and it just seem really fresh and nice. i brought a salad for my lunch the other day and it did not really do the trick, i just felt like i was short changed if you know what i mean you need something warm in this weather.

Yes its really hard. In the summer you can eat salad and it just seem really fresh and nice. i brought a salad for my lunch the other day and it did not really do the trick, i just felt like i was short changed if you know what i mean you need something warm in this weather.

i have Soup for dinner in a flask, i got a new blender and make it myself. I make up a load at the weekend and have it for about three days. The rest i put in the frezzer for another week, so that i don't have the same everyday. The only thing is i love to have a large bit of crusty white bread with it lol. oh well i seem to be able to eat a small amount of it , i do find myself drooling over other peoples sandwiches. I think i am getting worse than my dog :D

Hi there,

I live in Dublin and hope to get banded with Chris de Buyne in Brussels. I have a BMI of over 40 and Frederik has agreed to give me a letter confirming this for Quinn Insurance. Just wondering if anybody has been successful in getting insurance cover for the gastric band from Quinn??

Many thanks in advance x

its interesting you can get it done on insurance is that just because you live in ireland? i think they don't use the national health like we do in the UK so more people have it.what does the insurance cover you for?

Blondy

You will be fine. i was banded by Dr Chris on 29 Dec. They do look after you from the moment you arrive until you leave. You are in good hands.

Take care

kristal you are right you really get looked after while you are there, anyone who is booked already don't worry about it, you will be fine. its the best thing i ever did. i moan sometimes, but this is so much easier than being on a diet i am so glad i made myself do it

its interesting you can get it done on insurance is that just because you live in ireland? i think they don't use the national health like we do in the UK so more people have it.what does the insurance cover you for?

it would be really good if people could get a gastric band off there insurance companies it would be interesting to know if anyone has manage it?

i did not take out insurance just to go over there , i just got a european travel card the old e111, but i think people in ireland have mediacl insurance because they have to pay more for surgery than people in the uk. it would be great id that insurance cover people to pay for the band to be fitted.

hi there,

thanks for your letter. you mentione that is better to contact european surgery, can I get an email there just in case if I dont any reply from frederik.

thanks,

talk to soon,

blondy

Thanks Charlene and Slinky. Just changed my dressings earlier. Was sore after. Will feel better when the stitches are out. When did you go back to work? I'm not sure if I should go in on Monday. My job is quite heavy at times and am worried that the stiches will burst

hey

how are you. Val here. how are you doing. i was fine as soon as i got home. i was worried about the flight but when i got home i dropped the case and drove down to the shop for some liquids and had a nice shower. felt fine after that.

M suggested using ice lollies to take away some of the swelling if you suck them it takes the tightness away and i found them great i have to say.

have to say i have very little pain just a little discomfort and the painkiller they gave takes that away.

if you are not up to going back to work monday don't risk injuring yourself..it's not worth it

i'm going in on mon but i have a desk job and if i am struggling will take a day off mid week. but yours is is a heavy job and he did say if it is to take up to 3 weeks

V