Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Morning Fullfat not long now, have you started a low fat diet yet? I have been on mine for 2 weeks yuk.

Was doing fine until I booked into a pub for the last week as I am working away, mind you I am sure beer is low fat!!?

Must admit have a few nerves but am looking forward to it.

Think the wife is more concerned then me, I swear she thinks we are going to a third world country for surgery.

She has worked for the Nhs for the last 20 years and still believes it is world class.

Well tomorrow i am going to Belgium for a short holiday before we head to Brussels for op on the 3rd August. Am doing quite well on the pre op diet having lost 5lbs so far. Seems a shame to be on holiday and dieting at the same time but will stick to chicken salads. Thanks to everyone on this thread that has given so much support and advice, I will let you all know how it goes. ttfn.xx

Well tomorrow i am going to Belgium for a short holiday before we head to Brussels for op on the 3rd August. Am doing quite well on the pre op diet having lost 5lbs so far. Seems a shame to be on holiday and dieting at the same time but will stick to chicken salads. Thanks to everyone on this thread that has given so much support and advice, I will let you all know how it goes. ttfn.xx

Good luck!!

I'll be close behind you!

x

Hi, I am going a week today aand have just had a thought, has anyone flown with BA to Brussels? If so how long were the seatbelts and were you able to get the tray down in front of you? I am really worried about this. I am a size 24 atm, if you dont want to post on here please feel free to PM me :scared2:

Freckles mentioned that you can ask for seatbelt extensions on the plane - especially useful on the way back if tight on our sore tums!

x

Hi Everyone

I have now rcvd an email from Frederil confirming that a taxi will pick me up from Brussells Midi train station and bring me to the hotel but as I won't get there till 9 pm, he will see me at 6.30 am in the morning for a consult on the day of the banding.....I am going to be too anxious to sleep....if anyone else is there on the 11th August night for op on the 12th, please be on the lookout for size 16-18 asian girl with long dark hair....looking very lost and nervous...

As the days are coming nearer, I am becoming such a mixed bag of emotions and even doubting the sanity of my decision....I hope that the band will help me and I will never have to regret the decision.....

On a sidenote, even though have started eating low fat stuff...the volume that I have started eating is much bigger than usual....mind is feeling psychologically startved already, that I will never be able to eat this quantity again....lol....do I need a band or a shrink???

Good Luck to everyone else.

Hi, I am going a week today aand have just had a thought, has anyone flown with BA to Brussels? If so how long were the seatbelts and were you able to get the tray down in front of you? I am really worried about this. I am a size 24 atm, if you dont want to post on here please feel free to PM me :scared2:

Hi

I flew with BA a good size 22 as well as being swollen like a barrell for the flight home! The seat belt fit fine but I did have to get some cushions to put in the small of my back, due to my big arse and much smaller waist and the angle of the chair it was really pulling on my wounds so needed propping up and forward a bit!

Also flying back into Heathrow we were at practically the last gate and it was a good half hour slow walk and a lot of stairs and I was nearly crying, didn't realise it was gonna be so far otherwise I would have booked a wheel chair.

Good luck for next week x

I am being banded on the 13th August with Dr Bruyne, is anybody else having their surgery on the same date?

just wanna say a quick hello to old & new hope your all doing well... All the best to you guys who will be having surgery soon, try not to worry to much.. you've chosen a great surgeon in dr Chris. it'll be over before you know it..

Take care

C.w

hi all well im officially a bandster yay,i have to say for me personally the pain was quite bad the first day but your dopey anyway im 2days post op and feeling fine no wind in my shoulder and the pain isnt that bad,im still glad i got it done a mother and daughter who we met had it done 18 months ago and look fab one has lost 10 stone and the other 8 they were getting a Tummy Tuck so it deffo works girls they looked great and both said it has changed there lives i met so many great peep here,i was by myself and all the other peep partners looked after me so i was fine sher is fantastic we got on great the poor thing felt worse than me but she was getting there she has a great daughter her daughter looked after her and was checking on me absolutley wonderful people couldnt have done it without the great support and friendliness,and good luck to karen who i met there she is gonna join the forum so good luck and thanks to all that have wished me well,im getting ready for my big trek home now so i will chat in a couple of days,hope your feeling better sher and say thanks to your lovley daughter:thumbup:

Hi

I flew with BA a good size 22 as well as being swollen like a barrell for the flight home! The seat belt fit fine but I did have to get some cushions to put in the small of my back, due to my big arse and much smaller waist and the angle of the chair it was really pulling on my wounds so needed propping up and forward a bit!

Also flying back into Heathrow we were at practically the last gate and it was a good half hour slow walk and a lot of stairs and I was nearly crying, didn't realise it was gonna be so far otherwise I would have booked a wheel chair.

Good luck for next week x

Thanks Patty, that has put my mind at ease, I spent hours trawling the internet yesterday trying to find the length of seatbelts on BA flights lol. xx

congratulation wannabe slinky!! wish you a safe journey home! you must be very exicted now that you will see the pound comming off!!

congrats slinky! so glad it all went well for you!

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say well done to all the new bandsters - finally your journey has begun.

Went for my 3rd fill today so now upto 6.75ml in band, had a few spoonfuls of Soup for tea and struggled with it - got a strange gurgling feeling as it was going down - is that normal??

Garry it was lovely to meet you and I hope all goes well with your surgery - I overheard you saying you were running 1/2 marathon soon, is it a charity run as I am sure your friends on here would love to sponsor you. I would love to be able to run and you never know I might join you next year

Weight loss now at 2 stone = 1/2 stone per month, which although slower than I thought it would be is an absolute delight

I am hoping I am now at restriction level but only time will tell

Kerry xx

Banded 12th March 2010

weight.png

Hi badsters and pre-bandsters Im back and made it through the op without any problems.

My OP was on 27 with Dr Chris who was great.

I want to add this is not an easy option. The OP's were delayed so much anxiety during the morning.

After the OP i had a coughing fit really horrid there was nothing that could be done just had t o wait 4 it go. This was due to the tube that gets put down your throat during surgery.

I slept most of the time - the next day after drinking the liquid for xray I was sick and it really hurt. Then I got diareah and have still got it today Thurs.

I dont think the pain is too bad but I feel really uncomfortable the drive back from the airport was horrid bumby which really hurt.

It feels like wind is trying to come up but cant this is painful but only last for a few seconds.

Generaly Im well meet some others including slinky she was really funny and kept us smiling.

Also meet Chris as I was going he was comming good luck. xxx