Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

cheers for that il send him a message im thinking of going with wls group as they offer a package deal wich sound good hey congrats on you not been obeas anymore your proof that it can be done hopfully be me soon.

p.s on the tic for next year

Ye its a good deal they do with the package saved me a fortune.Wendys realy nice too she will give you loads of advice.Heres hoping for next season lol.

:scared2:OMG I've gone and done it! Operation booked for 7th May, 500 Euros winging its way to Freddy, leave booked, flights picked (booking tomoorow ash permiting!) When I try to imagine myself in the operating theatre my tummy flips and I can't actually see myself there! I am so scared, so nervous. What are good things to take? I've got on my list, a mug, cup a Soups, ready made slimfasts, neurofen melts......My hubby is coming with me but I haven't told my parents and feel bad about lying to them (they are looking after my Son, 3 cats and 1 dog and think we are going to Edinburgh for a long weekend)

:scared2:OMG I've gone and done it! Operation booked for 7th May, 500 Euros winging its way to Freddy, leave booked, flights picked (booking tomoorow ash permiting!) When I try to imagine myself in the operating theatre my tummy flips and I can't actually see myself there! I am so scared, so nervous. What are good things to take? I've got on my list, a mug, cup a Soups, ready made slimfasts, neurofen melts......My hubby is coming with me but I haven't told my parents and feel bad about lying to them (they are looking after my Son, 3 cats and 1 dog and think we are going to Edinburgh for a long weekend)

Hi LindsayMel

You will be absolutely fine, everybody goes through the same emotions you are facing just now. The hospital and doctors are fab an the level of care you receive is excellent.

I took some bovril cups, extra big knickers and a larger pair of elasticated trousers and even they were too tight after the operation - you do get a bit swollen with gas and you need to wear loose clothing or it will be quite uncomfortable.

I didn't need painkillers or anything like that as to be honest the pain after the operation was minimal. The one thing I would advise is get up and walk about as much as possible and keep moving - gas pains ease when you are moving

Good luck you will be fine

Kerry x

Ye its a good deal they do with the package saved me a fortune.Wendys realy nice too she will give you loads of advice.Heres hoping for next season lol.

Bobo

Does Wendy @ WLS Group do sessions in Edinburgh and how do I find out about the package costs etc

Thanks

Kerry

Bobo

Does Wendy @ WLS Group do sessions in Edinburgh and how do I find out about the package costs etc

Thanks

Kerry

Hi kerry wendy only does glasgow north of the border if you follow this link it will give you all the info need www.wlsgroup.co.uk

Hi kerry wendy only does glasgow north of the border if you follow this link it will give you all the info need www.wlsgroup.co.uk

Hi Bobo

Cheers for that, will contact her to find out more information on the packages.

I am gutted that my 1st fill has been postponed due to the volcano, I am desperate for it now and dreading another 4 weeks trying to balance the hunger and not over eating - the last 3 weeks have been a nightmare

Kerry

Rose, thats not a bad deal hunny, and I think its only because you didnt use Dr Chris's team for your fills.

I only used M.v.d Bossche and the Manchester X-ray for mine but I still had to pay out almost 4,000 pounds for the second band, albeit the manufacturer gave me a free band, instigated by Michael, also the Bupa gave me a 20% discount off the surgery, but that was still the total and I had to pay for my own travel and hotel in Southampton from the North West.

I had a contrast study done under x-ray at the Alexandria in Manchester, which cost me over 150 pounds, to ascertain where the leak was, and it was still wrong when Michael came to remove the band he found it had eroded.

The band was sent back to the manufacturer for examination and I am still none the wiser why it happened.

My solicitor is still trying to get me compensated for all the pain and suffering I endured due to the faulty band, so I dont think your deal is too bad.

Seems to me Dr Chris has more scruples and professionalism than the Bupa Hospitals.

I know its a lot of money and I would be mad at having to pay that amount out through no fault of your own and please dont think I dont sympathise because I do, I think there should be some insurance cover put in place for all bandsters.

There is a thread on here relating to leaks and faulty bands, I have written a few posts in it.

I really hope this wont put people off either, because I would, without doubt go through it again.

Good luck Rose and keep us posted on your progress in Belgium

xxx

Edited by Freckles

me to scooby do that rymed i was due my first fill tommorow in edinburgh no need to wait till 20 cant belive it i really needed it as i am constantly hungry does anyone know where i can get a fill in scotland

Hi Garry, just back from seeing Fredrick in London at lunchtime for my 1st fill and was thinking of you as he said he'd had to cancel his clinic in Edinburgh today. Gutted for you mate.

Hope you can get in with WLS soon. Matt and I saw Wendy & Lou there, Lou has got a leak so has got to back to Belgium at some point. Wendy is doing ok, we compared scars, and both said we can't believe its our 4 week bandiversary tomorrow already! Hope you are doing ok aside from the hunger, its been driving me made too for the last 2 weeks! Take care C x

glad to hear your doin chrissy how was the fill was it sore i spoke to wls group today and they have a place in sheffiled im going down on wednesday long way to go for a bit of salty Water i know

glad to hear your doin chrissy how was the fill was it sore i spoke to wls group today and they have a place in sheffiled im going down on wednesday long way to go for a bit of salty Water i know

Well I'm still a bit tender port side so it was a little uncomfortable when he was feeling for the port, but the actual fill just felt like an injection so absolutley nothing to worry about. Admittedly I was v nervous but I think that I must have toughened up a bit since Belgium, blimey compared to the number of times I was jabbed with needles then when they couldn't get blood out of me, the fill was a breeze.

I've had coffee and Soup this afternoon but still have raging hunger pangs, not sure if these are real?

Looking forward to the scales going down again that's for sure!

Good luck for Wednesday.

Chrissie x

Well I'm still a bit tender port side so it was a little uncomfortable when he was feeling for the port, but the actual fill just felt like an injection so absolutley nothing to worry about. Admittedly I was v nervous but I think that I must have toughened up a bit since Belgium, blimey compared to the number of times I was jabbed with needles then when they couldn't get blood out of me, the fill was a breeze.

I've had coffee and Soup this afternoon but still have raging hunger pangs, not sure if these are real?

Looking forward to the scales going down again that's for sure!

Good luck for Wednesday.

Chrissie x

Hi everyone

Well im back and a fully fledged bandster, omg cant believe i did it, first day was quite painful but travelled home via ferry today and was fine with painkillers, only real pain i have is in neck and shoulder freddy said this was prob due to them hitting a nerve, and yes ladies freddy boy is a dream boat couldn't swoon too much with hubby there lol, i dont feel hungry at all and drinks are enough for me at the min which hubby is highly amused at so anyone going soon the hospital is spotless and as a nurse i can really vouch for it, evrything was done so quickly no waiting around suppose i was lucky as the flights had stopped only 3 out of 8 of us turned up for the op so i went down at ten, so anywaqy good look to u all going soon

Julie x

Rose, thats not a bad deal hunny, and I think its only because you didnt use Dr Chris's team for your fills.

I only used M.v.d Bossche and the Manchester X-ray for mine but I still had to pay out almost 4,000 pounds for the second band, albeit the manufacturer gave me a free band, instigated by Michael, also the Bupa gave me a 20% discount off the surgery, but that was still the total and I had to pay for my own travel and hotel in Southampton from the North West.

I had a contrast study done under x-ray at the Alexandria in Manchester, which cost me over 150 pounds, to ascertain where the leak was, and it was still wrong when Michael came to remove the band he found it had eroded.

The band was sent back to the manufacturer for examination and I am still none the wiser why it happened.

My solicitor is still trying to get me compensated for all the pain and suffering I endured due to the faulty band, so I dont think your deal is too bad.

Seems to me Dr Chris has more scruples and professionalism than the Bupa Hospitals.

I know its a lot of money and I would be mad at having to pay that amount out through no fault of your own and please dont think I dont sympathise because I do, I think there should be some insurance cover put in place for all bandsters.

There is a thread on here relating to leaks and faulty bands, I have written a few posts in it.

I really hope this wont put people off either, because I would, without doubt go through it again.

Good luck Rose and keep us posted on your progress in Belgium

xxx

Thanks for your support Freckles, and although Im having a few problems I still think being banded was the best decision I ever made, (well that and getting rid of my ex husband lol!!!

I think Dr Chris and his team are brilliant and would recommend anyone to have a band fitted by him so dont let my leak put anyone off I guess Im just unlucky!

Sorry to hear you had to pay out so much money for your 2nd band. I hope your solicitor can sort something out for you.

Glad its all over for you julie, well done girl.

And great all the newbys are posting here.

Rose, not a problem hunny, I know how you feel, doesnt seem fair that you have to shell out once again.

You have lost a lot more weight than I did first time round, well done you.

Keep smiling, gonna send you a pm now, xx:smile2:

Hi Rose just read your posts sorry to hear you have a problem and have to have reop. I am booked in to be banded on the 4 may with Dr Chris hope to get to meet you there and 5 stone loss thats amazing.