Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi I am getting liquids in for when I return from Belgium, and I have bought Slimfast for the liquid weeks, I notice you said these are high carb, I am not good on carbs, Proteins etc dont really understand what I am suppose to be eating or drinking. Are these ok for the liquid weeks, with smooth cup a Soups, and milky drinks? Or should I also get some of the tesco ones you suggested. Need help as returning to work after about six days and work away a lot in hotels so need to take my stuff with me!!!! Help..... Thanks

Hi oliverdog, all the items you have are fine until you stop losing weight, then I find that if you have a protien as opposed to high carb drink it satisfys you longer., but go with what you know until you hit the brick wall which some of us do, and then increase your protien and decrease your carbs, that often helps, good luck I bet your getting so excited now.

Hi all desperately need some advice.

I was doing really really well and probably not taking things as easy as I should. I stood up yesterday night and had the most horrendous pain in my left hand side like I had twisted or torn something. The pain is not stopping at all, it is just below the horizontal incision to the left of my tummy button and is worse when I stand upright or bend over. The pain is awful and I am quite scared I have damaged something. I am able to eat and swallow no probs at all. Please someone reassure me. Off to nurse tomorrow to get the sticthes out but my surgery knows very very little re banding. :smile:

Hi All

I'm off tomorrow morning - being banded on Tuesday. I've lost a few pound on the low fat diet, looking forward to losing loads more.

I'm actually not too worried at the moment, it'll probably hit me on the train on the way there. lol

No doubt I'll be in touch soon looking for more of all your valuable advice.

Debs

weight.png

I was doing really really well and probably not taking things as easy as I should. I stood up yesterday night and had the most horrendous pain in my left hand side like I had twisted or torn something. The pain is not stopping at all, it is just below the horizontal incision to the left of my tummy button and is worse when I stand upright or bend over. The pain is awful and I am quite scared I have damaged something. I am able to eat and swallow no probs at all. Please someone reassure me. Off to nurse tomorrow to get the sticthes out but my surgery knows very very little re banding. :frown:

Hi debby is this at the port site on the left hand side. If it is I suffered from a severe pain and burning feeling as if I had torn something, this lasted for about six weeks. I also maybe over did it the first week after op. This is where the big support knickers come in. Gillian on this site advised me to buy big corset type knickers which come high up the waist, I took this advice and it really helped ease the pain and support the wound until fully healed. Some people dont get this at all but I really suffered with it. Hope your ok. Jx

Hi Homecare, how are your sister and her partner getting on with their low fat diets?? I came back from hols last week and had a bad tummy on holiday so lost 2lbs, first time ever!! On my LF Diet now and have lost 4lbs so really happy and trying to keep focussed!! Say hello to both of them for me and tell them I am looking forward to meeting them at the meeting on 15th October?

Hi Oliverdog I think theyve just started their low fat diet so nothing to report. She is getting really nervous and is wondering if she is doing the right thing (doesnt everyone) going through her list of what to take etc. Wont be long now!! jx

Congratulations Carrie jess youve done so well. I went for my second fill 3 weeks ago and was lucky enough to have restriction but now feel its wearing off and I can eat more. A bit dissapointed but going for a top up next week.

Why is the more experienced bandsters with the exception of wishful and freckles not posting any more??? Bobo, Odge, Gillian, Bigsis,and last but not least our resident dietician from Eastkilbride Gary. Come back we need your advice, Oh and my compadre TIN where are you all we need more imput. If anything is worrying us yous were further along the road with more experience and could advise us. We Need You Come Back!!!!!

hello, i am still here or hereabouts dont you worry, you know my mailbox is always open, hi to everyone especially all you new guys hope your all doing well.

gx

Hi oliverdog, all the items you have are fine until you stop losing weight, then I find that if you have a protien as opposed to high carb drink it satisfys you longer., but go with what you know until you hit the brick wall which some of us do, and then increase your protien and decrease your carbs, that often helps, good luck I bet your getting so excited now.

good advice mags, protiens do keep you fuller longer and unfortunately slimpast have quite a low protien content and high carb (mainly from sugar) i am sure this will come as a surprise therefore the nutrtion level in a slim fast is pretty sh*t.

I buy protien powder from www.myprotien.co.uk and find them very good, its also great when your band is tight to ensure you are getting decent intake. I also buy 100% fine oats from them which is basically porridge oat ground very fine so as it will mix with your protien shake which gives you good complex carbohydrates rather than simple carbs which are basically sugar, mymymymymy here i go again babbling a lot o rubbish, all joking aside its a better way to do it allbeit a little more hassle. If anyone needs some more info just shout.

gx

I was doing really really well and probably not taking things as easy as I should. I stood up yesterday night and had the most horrendous pain in my left hand side like I had twisted or torn something. The pain is not stopping at all, it is just below the horizontal incision to the left of my tummy button and is worse when I stand upright or bend over. The pain is awful and I am quite scared I have damaged something. I am able to eat and swallow no probs at all. Please someone reassure me. Off to nurse tomorrow to get the sticthes out but my surgery knows very very little re banding. :frown:

i am no expert but as long as the pain seems more surface related then i would think that its just healing, your port can take 6-10 weeks to heal and i have know people get pains even longer than that. Also another thing is that if you stitches have been in for 10 dys plus then i found that was too long and the tightness of them started giving me some jip. you will know the difference from internal pains to a wound pain so hopefully its just healing.

gx

good advice mags, protiens do keep you fuller longer and unfortunately slimpast have quite a low protien content and high carb (mainly from sugar) i am sure this will come as a surprise therefore the nutrtion level in a slim fast is pretty sh*t.

I buy protien powder from www.myprotien.co.uk and find them very good, its also great when your band is tight to ensure you are getting decent intake. I also buy 100% fine oats from them which is basically porridge oat ground very fine so as it will mix with your protien shake which gives you good complex carbohydrates rather than simple carbs which are basically sugar, mymymymymy here i go again babbling a lot o rubbish, all joking aside its a better way to do it allbeit a little more hassle. If anyone needs some more info just shout.

gx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Gary,

I haven't chatted before to you, but I wanted to say hello and ask you more about the Protein drinks you mentioned.

I have felt that the Slim fast shakes had a lot of calories and my weight loss has started to slow down and was interested to know more about these drinks.

How many shakes do you get in a 1 KG packet?

I am interested in ordering the instant milk protein but need to be sure that I like the taste of the product so will just get the KG bag

I was banded on the 11th Sept and didn't go on a weight loss diet before as I was border line 35 BMI and so just eat lots of low fat food before the surgery. I have lost 13lbs since the surgery, but stayed the same weight now for the last 10 day's and was interested in changing or looking at alternative slim fast shakes.

Katy

[/url]

I was banded on the 11th Sept and didn't go on a weight loss diet before as I was border line 35 BMI and so just eat lots of low fat food before the surgery. I have lost 13lbs since the surgery, but stayed the same weight now for the last 10 day's and was interested in changing or looking at alternative slim fast shakes.< /p>

Katy

Hi Gary,

I haven't chatted before to you, but I wanted to say hello and ask you more about the Protein Drinks you mentioned.

I have felt that the Slim fast shakes had a lot of calories and my weight loss has started to slow down and was interested to know more about these drinks.< /p>

I am interested in ordering the instant milk Protein but need to be sure that I like the taste of the product so will just get the KG bag

hi

i have posted below the best protien to get as it has the lowest fat content and highest protien, in a serving you will use 30g and that is around 115 cals if you make with Water, the strawbewrry is good and the vanilla. This company also do single portion satchets for trial tasting so you can see what one you like.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/impact-whey-isolate/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-samples/protein/impact-whey-protein-(sample)-(25g)/

To ensure you get the most out of protien you should really take it with a little carbohydrate as this converts to energy to utilise the protien. It is an investment but i have it every morning and sometimes 2 or 3 times more during dy but i do a lot of training, but its a good foundation for a day having these shakes.

I spent £45 the other dy and that will do me more thn a month so it seems a lot but its not really.

JUst ask me if you need more info or PM me.

gx

Congratulations Carrie jess youve done so well. I went for my second fill 3 weeks ago and was lucky enough to have restriction but now feel its wearing off and I can eat more. A bit dissapointed but going for a top up next week.

Why is the more experienced bandsters with the exception of wishful and freckles not posting any more??? Bobo, Odge, Gillian, Bigsis,and last but not least our resident dietician from Eastkilbride Gary. Come back we need your advice, Oh and my compadre TIN where are you all we need more imput. If anything is worrying us yous were further along the road with more experience and could advise us. We Need You Come Back!!!!!

Hi home care im still here just sitting in the background reading the posts.There is loads of newbies now just letting them chat away as i did when i was getting banded.

Im booked in with wendy next tue what time are you in at.?

Happy bandaversity carriejess you have done brilliant reaching your goal in a year.You should be well chuffed with your self.

And hello to all you newbies out the just banded or about to be banded any questions just ask.

Hi Gary,

I haven't chatted before to you, but I wanted to say hello and ask you more about the Protein Drinks you mentioned.

I have felt that the Slim fast shakes had a lot of calories and my weight loss has started to slow down and was interested to know more about these drinks.< /p>

I am interested in ordering the instant milk Protein but need to be sure that I like the taste of the product so will just get the KG bag

hi

i have posted below the best protien to get as it has the lowest fat content and highest protien, in a serving you will use 30g and that is around 115 cals if you make with Water, the strawbewrry is good and the vanilla. This company also do single portion satchets for trial tasting so you can see what one you like.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/impact-whey-isolate/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-samples/protein/impact-whey-protein-(sample)-(25g)/

To ensure you get the most out of protien you should really take it with a little carbohydrate as this converts to energy to utilise the protien. It is an investment but i have it every morning and sometimes 2 or 3 times more during dy but i do a lot of training, but its a good foundation for a day having these shakes.

I spent £45 the other dy and that will do me more thn a month so it seems a lot but its not really.

JUst ask me if you need more info or PM me.

gx

I have started doing walking last week 5 day's a week and walk from Liverpool street to Blackfriars which is approx 50 mins excercise a day, but do intend as I get slimmer to start slow jogging over the weekends too.

Thanks for your advice and help, there is approx a 100 calories difference between the two and if I did feel a little hungry at some point in the day between meals, then these would be better than having a slim fast.

Katy

Hi home care im still here just sitting in the background reading the posts.There is loads of newbies now just letting them chat away as i did when i was getting banded.

Im booked in with wendy next tue what time are you in at.?

Happy bandaversity carriejess you have done brilliant reaching your goal in a year.You should be well chuffed with your self.

And hello to all you newbies out the just banded or about to be banded any questions just ask.

Hi bobo good to see you back Im getting a fill next Tuesday at 3.30 what time are you? jx

Allright gary hows it going m8.?How the restriction are you at your sweet spot yet.?

Are you still keeping up the exercise regime.I cant seem to get back in to it .I keep taking my notions for a few weeks then it dies off and i cant be arsed.lol