Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Bless you girls, she is a cutie but then I am biased.

Carrie, people always say that dont they, err no...we wouldnt get the band removed to have to start over, silly people duh, its not a magic tool, and its not so easy as people may think as we all know.

The delightful thing I find about it is, that we get full so fast, and that is once we've gotten used to it.

Even after having 3mls taken out I find I can only eat extrememly small portions, which is brilliant I am loving this band more than life itself.

I ate 1 slice of wholemeal toast this morning for brek, and hubby just cooked sausage and black pudding of which I could only manage 2 bites of sausage, that was lunch btw.

Maggs the Colonoscopy was very painful, even with the Pethidine and Midazolam. The sister said it was because the surgeon was turning the corner of my colon, hurt like mad.

I am relieved to say I dont have any lumps or bumps growing,his diagnosis was Severe Sigmoid Diverticulosis, which I am assured is very common.

So glad its all over.

I bet you are so excited about Sian's little ball of fluff, I hope she goes on the due date, bless her.

Give her my love and I will be thinking of you both, please let us know as soon as the little one is born wont you. xxxx

Frecles so glad youve had your procedure. Baby is a real wee cutie. You must be so relieved.

Carrie is that still an ok weight for you? If you feel thats were you want to be good luck but make sure you dont get too skinny. I think you look just perfect just now. Jx

Hi all,

so excited to say that I have booked my surgery, I am going through Frederick Dr Chris's assistant, I am booked in for the 17th of November and I cannot wait. Just wondered if there are any others out there going for the same date? Glad you are feeling better DizzyDebs. This is really exciting to feel I will be one of you guys soon. Happy Days regards Mia

Hi all,

so excited to say that I have booked my surgery, I am going through Frederick Dr Chris's assistant, I am booked in for the 17th of November and I cannot wait. Just wondered if there are any others out there going for the same date? Glad you are feeling better DizzyDebs. This is really exciting to feel I will be one of you guys soon. Happy Days regards Mia

Good Luck MiaBlue it will be here in no time, I am going on Thursday and as nervous as hell but definately want to do it!!

Hi everyone, long time no speak, sorry not been on for a while, I am totally fed up, I cam eat most things, Except bread, I have not lost any more weight. I keep getting food stuck, which is very painfull, I thought I would have lost some weight, but nothing, Any advise would be great, I would love to start losing again. You guys are really doing good, keep it up people.

Hi mandy have you not got any restriction yet?I tend to stick to a high protien diet as i find this helps me .If i stay away from foods that have alot of carbs the weight comes off faster for me.

Hi mandy nice to see you on here again, your in the same boat as me but im sure it will start moving again, i know its not an over night miracle and it will take time but it does get you down doesnt it x

Hi carriejess, i think im going to have to go on the slimfast shakes and be really strict with myself till i can get my next fill, thanx for the advice, im 9 months post op and still need you guys for the help and support, thanx all x

Hi All Can you give me some advice please? I am being banded on Thursday and know I have to have fills afterwards and think Dr Chris/Fred will talk to me about these when I am in Belgium. I have just read a book about Gastric Banding and wonder if I need to sign up with someone who provides aftercare service that includes advice on nutrition, exercise and fills? Can you lovely people let me know what you think please? Thanks

Hi freckles hope your ok, how lovely is gabrielle, she is gorgeous bless her, i didnt get chance to go for my fill which im a bit peed about as i am still struggeling... i darnt weigh myself cos i think the weight is creeping back on as i can eat anything i want to xx

hiya wishfull,and thanks for your kind words a wee while back!

im exactly the same feel a bit down about the whole thing as my will power has totally gone...and when this happens i do the preverbial "who gives a s--t!"

however got a fill booked for tuesday with wendy and must admit not looking forward to going as i feel im letting her down as well as myself! as ill probably have not lost more than 3- 4 pounds in a month if lucky!or i have but lost muscle as i dont ge the chance to play footy anymore!:sad:

i would just say the way im trying to handle it is....at least im not putting on!!and in your position i would say well you have missed a fill and you MIGHT be a pound or two up but that is WHY we have the bands done to restrict the intake when our will power is failing!!

remember that!and good luck :sad:

Hi All, not been on for a few days as things pretty hectic. I have the consultant appointment tomorrow for results for my mum and I am absolutely dreading it!! I have not been in as much pain but occassionally when I stand I feel like the port is doing a twist?? Don't really know how to describe it but its bearable and able to play with Gabrielle (my 4 yr old) so all is good there. Struggling with anything not liquid like mashed potatoes for example..it feels like its stuck in my throat then run to the toilet to bring it back up!! Everyone else seems to be doing great and I seem to have had one prob after another feel like a failure. I have my graduation ball on Thursday night and was wondering if I can have a drink (banded on 23rd Sept) not planning to get sloshed but thought a couple of drinks would be nice..meant to be getting a fill on Friday am. Can I get advice please.

So many thanks for evryone who gives their advice and shares their experiences, sometimes I feel so scared and like I know nothing when it comes to the band and you all help so so much.

Good luck to everyone getting banded soon...as much as its early days and I have had some minor probs I totally believe this will help me.

Take Care

Hi everyone, long time no speak, sorry not been on for a while, I am totally fed up, I cam eat most things, Except bread, I have not lost any more weight. I keep getting food stuck, which is very painfull, I thought I would have lost some weight, but nothing, Any advise would be great, I would love to start losing again. You guys are really doing good, keep it up people.

Hi Mandy I also kept getting food stuck and soon realised I was taking to big a bite and when it came to chewing I couldnt chew it in to fine pieces as too much in my mouth. I really have to be aware when Im eating and concentrate on chewing well and small bites. I have found I can still get caught out if Im in conversation and forget for a sec. Are you due a fill anytime soon. How much have you lost up to now. Jx

Hi All, not been on for a few days as things pretty hectic. I have the consultant appointment tomorrow for results for my mum and I am absolutely dreading it!! I have not been in as much pain but occassionally when I stand I feel like the port is doing a twist?? Don't really know how to describe it but its bearable and able to play with Gabrielle (my 4 yr old) so all is good there. Struggling with anything not liquid like mashed potatoes for example..it feels like its stuck in my throat then run to the toilet to bring it back up!! Everyone else seems to be doing great and I seem to have had one prob after another feel like a failure. I have my graduation ball on Thursday night and was wondering if I can have a drink (banded on 23rd Sept) not planning to get sloshed but thought a couple of drinks would be nice..meant to be getting a fill on Friday am. Can I get advice please.

So many thanks for evryone who gives their advice and shares their experiences, sometimes I feel so scared and like I know nothing when it comes to the band and you all help so so much.

Good luck to everyone getting banded soon...as much as its early days and I have had some minor probs I totally believe this will help me.

Take Care

Hi there I had a couple of drinks at my sons graduation 1 week after being banded and it was fine as I drank them both slowly and they lasted me the whole night with a couple of glasses of Water inbetween and no hangover in

the morning. Jx:cursing: ps what I said in the above post about eating more slowly and smaller bites really concentrating on what your eating may help you.

Hi All Can you give me some advice please? I am being banded on Thursday and know I have to have fills afterwards and think Dr Chris/Fred will talk to me about these when I am in Belgium. I have just read a book about Gastric Banding and wonder if I need to sign up with someone who provides aftercare service that includes advice on nutrition, exercise and fills? Can you lovely people let me know what you think please? Thanks

Hi oliverdog if you go with wls group and wendy they provide advice on nutrition on what you should be eating and the dos and donts of the bands and wendy will give you loads of advice.I only went to dr chris for one fill so cant realy comment on his aftercare.

Hi debby i dont think there will be any problem having a drink.I had a bevy a week after been banded and there was no probs.

hiya wishfull,and thanks for your kind words a wee while back!

im exactly the same feel a bit down about the whole thing as my will power has totally gone...and when this happens i do the preverbial "who gives a s--t!"

however got a fill booked for tuesday with wendy and must admit not looking forward to going as i feel im letting her down as well as myself! as ill probably have not lost more than 3- 4 pounds in a month if lucky!or i have but lost muscle as i dont ge the chance to play footy anymore!:sad:

i would just say the way im trying to handle it is....at least im not putting on!!and in your position i would say well you have missed a fill and you MIGHT be a pound or two up but that is WHY we have the bands done to restrict the intake when our will power is failing!!

remember that!and good luck :sad:

You are in bandster hell my man and what youve got to realise is that it will pass but you must keep with it. And yes your right your not putting on. I know its not easy but whats the alternative. We didnt pay all that money to give up at first hurdle. I WILL hear how your fill went this tuesday. Good luck Jx:thumbup:

Thanks timeisnow, im starting on the slimfast again this morn.. iv got to get my head around this band again and get back on track, good luck with yours x