Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

good advice mags, protiens do keep you fuller longer and unfortunately slimpast have quite a low protien content and high carb (mainly from sugar) i am sure this will come as a surprise therefore the nutrtion level in a slim fast is pretty sh*t.

I buy protien powder from www.myprotien.co.uk and find them very good, its also great when your band is tight to ensure you are getting decent intake. I also buy 100% fine oats from them which is basically porridge oat ground very fine so as it will mix with your protien shake which gives you good complex carbohydrates rather than simple carbs which are basically sugar, mymymymymy here i go again babbling a lot o rubbish, all joking aside its a better way to do it allbeit a little more hassle. If anyone needs some more info just shout.

gx

Thanks Gary and Mmmm this is a great help I will have a look at the site and may try some testers first ready for when I get back.....

Hi Oliverdog I think theyve just started their low fat diet so nothing to report. She is getting really nervous and is wondering if she is doing the right thing (doesnt everyone) going through her list of what to take etc. Wont be long now!! jx

Hi Homecare, say hello to both of them for me, hope to meet up!! I am struggling on my diet now, willpower didnt last too long did it!! Will try again tomorrow x

HI All

I got banded yesterday. I was fine yesterday but I am in agony today. Shoudl I be in this much pain. It is not the side of the port. I dont know how I am gonna get on the eurostar tomorrow if this continues,. Dr Chris and Fre gave me loads of pain killers and told me to rest. There were 5 other people booked in at same time and they are running around like they never had the op. Should it me like this?

Sorry for the moan, just looking for some reassurance. Going back to sleep now.

Debs

HI All

I got banded yesterday. I was fine yesterday but I am in agony today. Shoudl I be in this much pain. It is not the side of the port. I dont know how I am gonna get on the eurostar tomorrow if this continues,. Dr Chris and Fre gave me loads of pain killers and told me to rest. There were 5 other people booked in at same time and they are running around like they never had the op. Should it me like this?

Debs

Hi Debs, it affects us all differently, one of our members on here lewisabbeyandmum and her mum both had the op the same time as Gary and myself, they could'nt move they were so ill, and it lasted a good few days, whilst Gary was walking around the town soon after his op, I on the other hand was in the middle, most uncomfortable but not in massive pain, the hope I can give you is that the first day was a bit easier because of the lingering effect of anesthetic and intraven pain killers and as these leave you the pain will become worse. But each day gets a little better, make sure you stay on top of the pain by taking your painkillers regularly, and take the advise of Dr. Chris and get lots of rest. Thoughts are with you, I hope you have someone with you to asssist on the journey home. All the best mmm

Hi debs when i got banded i have never felt pain like it i thought someone had danced on my chest.I thought what the hell have i done but rest assured it does ease off.After the first day when i went back to the hotel i thought i wasnt going to fly the pain was that bad.But a good day and night rest and i felt alot better.Going for the flight i felt a bit fragile but once i got home and had a good night sleep in my own bed the pain relay eased.And every day after that i felt better and better.So bear with it the pain will ease just keep taking pain killers he gave you .

All the best bobo

HI All

Debs

I hope that pain eased for you Debs, and that you are able to travel today. I am pre-op so very interested to hear about peoples experiences good and bad. best wishes Mia

Hiya,

I felt quite sore the day after, especially when they took the drainage tube out!! But I went back to work after a few days and can now even sleep on my front again haha!! (Got banded last Tuesday). Just keep taking those pain killers :wink2: Hope you feel better soon.

Is it ten days then Mushies? I cannot find my booklet as am having a big organising session and cannot find anything at the mo!!

God I am sick of Soup and yogurt!! I am seriously craving broccolli or something!

xxx

I have just sent e-mail to Frederick to say that yes I would like to go ahead with the op, hopefully that will be in November. Did anyone take out insurance cover against anything going wrong, not sure if such a thing exists, but I would really like to cover all my bases?

Thanks for the meeting today Gary. You looking really well. Sister feels more at ease now although everything you said I had already told her but hey Im only her sister!! Thanks again Jx

I have just sent e-mail to Frederick to say that yes I would like to go ahead with the op, hopefully that will be in November. Did anyone take out insurance cover against anything going wrong, not sure if such a thing exists, but I would really like to cover all my bases?

Iam sure this question's been asked before. Dont think there is such an insurance policy. Good luck youve made the right choice. Jx

Mia I dont think anyone will insure you babe, my first band developed a leak, and the manufacturer gave me a new band for free, but I still had to pay the surgeon etc, so ended up paying out about £10,000 in total.

Not trying to put you off, but apparently, these things can happen and we are warned about them before surgery, however saying that, Dr Chris is a fair person, and I'm sure if I had been banded by him, he would have done my second surgery free of charge .

Garry is the one to advise you on this as he had some problems with his band and i dont believe he was out of pocket to have the op re-done.

Edited by Freckles

I met with the gorgeous freddyboy today and he told me that if he took out 3.5mls i should be ok for my 9 flights.

However when he tried to take out that much my port was trying to suck it back in????? he ended up just taking out 3mls.

Tonight I ate a salt n pepper chicken wing 2 tablespoonfuls of special fried rice and four chips, with curry, it was wonderful, and afterwards I drank a cup of tea and ate some chocolate gateau, I was in heaven after 3 months of torture.

I'm glad really that he has left 3.5 mls in, cos at least I can eat and drink a little without any adverse reactions, and I'm not going to pile the weight that I've lost, back on.

Tomorrow and saturday I can only have Clear Liquids, like black tea/coffee and oxo as at 4pm on Saturday afternoon I am having that darn Colonoscopy. Roll on sunday lol, cos I'm really scared about this thing.

I met with the gorgeous freddyboy today and he told me that if he took out 3.5mls i should be ok for my 9 flights.

However when he tried to take out that much my port was trying to suck it back in????? he ended up just taking out 3mls.

Tonight I ate a salt n pepper chicken wing 2 tablespoonfuls of special fried rice and four chips, with curry, it was wonderful, and afterwards I drank a cup of tea and ate some chocolate gateau, I was in heaven after 3 months of torture.

I'm glad really that he has left 3.5 mls in, cos at least I can eat and drink a little without any adverse reactions, and I'm not going to pile the weight that I've lost, back on.

Tomorrow and saturday I can only have clear liquids, like black tea/coffee and oxo as at 4pm on Saturday afternoon I am having that darn Colonoscopy. Roll on sunday lol, cos I'm really scared about this thing.

So glad you had a chance of a spoily meal today. I have had a colonoscopy its not very pleasant but the medication you take before the proceedure is worse than the examination, and just think you will have had a magic eye on both your upper and now your lower digestive system. So if anything untowards is happening you will at least have an early warning and treatment can start immediatly. I will be thinking of you and if you need a more detailed report on the proceedure you have my number dont hesitate to ring. Love mmm

Bless you Maggs, not sure if i want to know though lol.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

I just want it to be saturday night.

Thanx for being so sweet xxxx

Hiya all, just checking if I am right on my timetable for eating. I was done last Tuesday, am I right in thinking its mushies tomorrow. I left the info in my travelbag which has been put in the loft I think! Will have to get it down tomorrow.

Also are these sorts of things ok for mushies??

Mashed potatoes, mashed up carrots, broccoli, turkey mince?