Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah thanx babe, just reached the 3stone mark today, am over the moon!!!

I am going to only leave 2mls in for when I go away cos I want to at least be able to eat a bit and have some drinks lol, being as its free bar on the flight.

What were those shoes called that you wear, I have searched back and cant find the name. Thanx chick xx

MBT's they're a trainer with negative heal action, sketchers have also brought some out in the last few weeks called something like get fit.

You must be so pleased with 3 stone, thats brill, well done

Hi all, hope everyone is well. I have been doing a lot better in the last few days. I don't have that "I have been run over by a lorry" feeling anymore!!! I am also not on a tramadol high and have stopped taking painkillers. I still have my shoulder pain occassionally but not as severe, its quite funny really as when it does come now my shoulder actually swells up and its really noticeable. I went on the scales last night (Monday) and discovered I had lost a stone since op on Wednesday so over the moon!. Kim I hope your flight is good going home. Thank you fatpants and freckles for your advice. It is much appreciated coming on here and everyone being so friendly. Regarding Oz...well my hubby is Australian so planned to go to Oz for holiday and look for property as I have just qualified as a nurse and been fortunate enough to be offered a great position here and also in Brisbane. The Brisbane post commences in Feb and depending on my hubbys job circumstances we were going to move but will reconsider now. If we still go (depending on mums biopsy and Mri body scan results) we will be staying in Brisbane for about 4 weeks and 2 weeks in Coloundra - Sunshine Coast. I love Australia and evetually we will move but my life has been turned upside down. Every morning I wake and think instantly about my mum and I am finding it so hard to stay positive. Anyway enough....Karen how are you getting on?? Have you moved off Soup and out of your trackies?? Is John loving your musical wind? How far in advance do you need to book your fill. I will only be 3 weeks post op for my first fill..scary??

Take care everyone.

Debby x

Hi Debby

fantastic weight-loss...i haven't weighed yet as i am scared that i won't be lighter...was just going to wait until first fill, which i've not booked yet!

i've recovered remarkably well, went back to work Monday and it's been fine although i am quite tired and going to bed at 8.30 pm!!

i hope your mum gets good news; such a trying time waiting on results.

keep well

lv kx

Hi Wendy! Well done for finding us - that's a complete banding day set!! You've certainly found your way round the forum quickly too, and your ticker is showing a brilliant weight loss, well done! Keep up the good work! Do you or Sheila have the same funny little lump in the lower central scar as Bev and I? Wonder what is is. Will ask WLS Wendy when I see her on the 17th

Keep in touch

SP

hi sue, i managed to do the ticker but did it my way and wont no if its right till i need to update it so watch this space!haha. im struggling abit as i can eat anything at moment and not booked for a fill till 12th nov as we are away on holiday next week for 2 weeks so darnt get weighed. yes i have a lump but its my port is that the lump you mean?

Hi Wendy

Tried your number but no joy I must have written it down wrong, How r u my, port is strill pretty swollen and sore I was starting to get a bit worried went and seen my Dr and she said she thinks its ok but has quite a bit of Fluid round it. How is Helen and how much weight have you lost. I have lost about 11lbs

hi sheila hope your ok, please check your private messages as i sent you my number. wendyx

Karen, I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I have also found myself turning in earlier this week but, overall, feel great. We get to start mushies in a few days. I'm kind of excited about that!

Just called and have my follow-up and first fill scheduled for November 5. So, I'm on my way to working this band.

I'm really happy I went with Dr. Chris and so happy that I've got hope for weight loss with this band.

Hi debbie i had my 1st fill when i hadnt even been banded 4 weeks and being honest i couldnt feel a thing, i think i was still a bit numb after the op as when i go now i feel a slight stinging x

I also have that small lump in my lower central scar although it has gone down a lot, i dont think its anything to worry about x

Hello All

Today is my one year bandiversary! I celebrated by having my hair dyed black and getting a bob! Bit different from my celebrations of last year which always involved food in some way!

x

Congratulations Carrie jess youve done so well. I went for my second fill 3 weeks ago and was lucky enough to have restriction but now feel its wearing off and I can eat more. A bit dissapointed but going for a top up next week.

Why is the more experienced bandsters with the exception of wishful and freckles not posting any more??? Bobo, Odge, Gillian, Bigsis,and last but not least our resident dietician from Eastkilbride Gary. Come back we need your advice, Oh and my compadre TIN where are you all we need more imput. If anything is worrying us yous were further along the road with more experience and could advise us. We Need You Come Back!!!!!

Congratulations Carrie jess youve done so well. I went for my second fill 3 weeks ago and was lucky enough to have restriction but now feel its wearing off and I can eat more. A bit dissapointed but going for a top up next week.

Why is the more experienced bandsters with the exception of wishful and freckles not posting any more??? Bobo, Odge, Gillian, Bigsis,and last but not least our resident dietician from Eastkilbride Gary. Come back we need your advice, Oh and my compadre TIN where are you all we need more imput. If anything is worrying us yous were further along the road with more experience and could advise us. We Need You Come Back!!!!!

hi homecare good to hear from you!.....and carrie jess i bet you look even more lovely with your new hair style?:)

plus well done on the 1 yr anniversary must feel brilliant?

so homecare you have had some restriction then?

been away on holiday for a week so not been on for a few days but i have to admit i think my bands slipped or something?:)

not been too strict but was able to eat a 12" pizza the other night no probs, was not my intention!!!

cant seem to break the 2-2.5 stone mark and hold it???

saying that i am now trying my 100% to lose more weight b4 my next fill week on tuesday??i think wendy will be unhappy with me..again!:rolleyes:willpower has gone and no restriciton yet??

weighed myself today and put on 6 pounds so very peed off!

no restriciton and no willpower left this is why i ultimately got the band as i can last about 8 weeks on will power alone but after that need help?not any good so far so fed up!

see how things go next week on the weigh in?:thumbup:

good luck to everyone else!

Hi timeisnow i now what you mean about will power or lack of it, i am also struggeling and need another fill, i had a small pizza (4 slices)from domini's tonight and a couple of pieces of chicken strips, all went down with no problem :-( i really need do need to get to full restriction quick as im feeling a bit down hearted at the min, hope you get back on track soon x

Hi carriejess well done on your 1 yr anniversary and at your target weight aswell x

Hi Siobhain well done on your weight loss so far over 2 stone thats fantastic you must be so pleased great you have restriction all ready,are you having fill with Frederick in Dublin,or are you going to Wendy in Swords,im trying to get Wendys number if you have it could please post it thanks xx :smile:

Hi Shoes,

Don't have Wendy's number to be honest.

I had my second fill on Thursday by Chris. He put in 1.5ml and I couldn't even swallow my saliva. Had to throw up the Water, but Chris called me back in and took out .5ml. Have amazing restriction at the moment and not eating a lot.

So roll on the weight loss.......

Siobhain

Just a quick suggestion for those who are using a low carb diet and are out and about and need something quick and easy. Have you tried the TESCO CARB Control milk shake type drinks they come ready made in strawberry or chocolate cost just under £1. The net carb is only 1.5g, and for those who count calories its 170, they keep me satisfied all day, and are great for liquid days and to carry in your bag in an emergency, but make sure its the carb control one you pick up (its written all over the package) and not the tescos light shake, which is high carb like slimfast. They taste ok only, but you wont look for any other food for ages.

Hi I am getting liquids in for when I return from Belgium, and I have bought Slimfast for the liquid weeks, I notice you said these are high carb, I am not good on carbs, Proteins etc dont really understand what I am suppose to be eating or drinking. Are these ok for the liquid weeks, with smooth cup a Soups, and milky drinks? Or should I also get some of the tesco ones you suggested. Need help as returning to work after about six days and work away a lot in hotels so need to take my stuff with me!!!! Help..... Thanks

Oliver dog I have told my sister and her partner you are going out and getting banded same day as her and although she is a computer phobic she asked me to say hi and also to look out for her and her partner in the hotel. Shes so glad there is someone on here going out the same day as her. I think she has put on another half a stone as she is really into THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME I EVER EAT THIS and is having so many last meals before her low fat diet you would think she was going to the electric chair!!!!! Jx

Hi Homecare, how are your sister and her partner getting on with their low fat diets?? I came back from hols last week and had a bad tummy on holiday so lost 2lbs, first time ever!! On my LF Diet now and have lost 4lbs so really happy and trying to keep focussed!! Say hello to both of them for me and tell them I am looking forward to meeting them at the meeting on 15th October?

Glad you girlies are all doing well. I am looking forward to Thursday when I get my de-fill, but scared also, I just dont want to put any weight on before I go away.

I will have to be so careful cos my holiday clothes wont fit if I put any on lol.

Carrie I bet you look gorgeous with your new 'do' are you finding staying at your ideal weight hard or have you still got good restriction?

Wishfull, have you decided whether you're going to see freddyboy next thursday?

Hope everyones ok, and yes I agree where are all the other members we miss you guys!!!!

Hi ,

i paid £4000 = 700 euro deposit then 4000 euors final payment which equals around £4000 then flights to get there were separate i paid around £240. for flights although if you are in london it may be a lot less.

the reason i booked the flights was it was so much hassle to go by train for instance i couldnt get to the hotel in time for the preop consultation, and i was thinking of the return journey so although it was a little more expensive it will be less of an inconvinience.

i am being banded october 2009 :thumbup:will let you know how it goes although i have to admit i am suffering :scared2:pre opp nerves and anxiety grrrrr thought the hardest part of this journey would be raising the funds what a shock.

wish me luck please :smile:

Hi when are you getting Banded, I will be there on evening of 15th flying in too, I am being banded on 16th

really want to do it just looked at my holiday pictures from last week... I felt sick.....