Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi odgemodge, when you have more restriction you will possible be eating the same things only small amounts ie 1 weetabix, 1 egg omlette, and tea plate sized evening meal, but we are all different, and need different quantities, hope this info helps, I can only tell you what volumes satisfy me.

Hi shoes, one thing I've learned is not to get too hungry, because I try to eat much too quickly when I am. That combined with the pitta was probably the cause of your pain, if it happens again dont fight it keep calm (stress makes it worse) just get to bathroom and let it come up, just leaning over the loo will shift it. If you are going to try any type of bread leave it until the last item to eat sometimes its just not worth it and you possibly wont want it anyway. Its all a learning curve and trial and error.

Hi mmm bet you are so happy with your weight loss and what a decision to make a size 12 or 14, cant wait till im at that stage. I have got to be strict the next couple of weeks as iv got my school reunion at the end of the month.. i havnt seen over 90% since leaving school in 83 x

Hi mmm bet you are so happy with your weight loss and what a decision to make a size 12 or 14, cant wait till im at that stage. I have got to be strict the next couple of weeks as iv got my school reunion at the end of the month.. i havnt seen over 90% since leaving school in 83 x

Thanks for the encouragement, however I've been shopping again today for more clothes in my new size, I've been spending money I should'nt have, because I am still paying for the band op on my credit card. I will stop now and concentrate on repaying my band

Hi everyone, yet again, some very good post. I went shopping yesterday, Matalan, I needed a new top/outfit for last nite, my best mates daughters 18th party, I went to matalan with hubby, and ended up having a panick attact and ended up going home. I have not had a attack for about 12 mths, I got up yesterday morning and felt ace, went shopping and then ended up feeling realy stressed, we had to stop the van on the way home because I was going to be sick, I cant belive I was so stressed. I ended up going bk to matalan on my own got a dress, size 18, a little tight on the bust, but it looked realy nice and i felt realy nice. i ended up having a realy nice nite, I know I looked good, ended up pissed of with one of my mates friends, who when I went up 4 the buffet, said, cant belive you are getting food, thought you could not eat, and you have taken the easy way to lose weight. I then got on my heigh horse and gave her a piece of my mind, cheeky cow, I dont think i have taken the easy option by any means and With a couple of drinks inside me, I told her so. dont think she will be speaking to me again lol xx

Hi there guys

I'm a newbie here!!!

Went to Hospital in Dublin 3 weeks ago that charge 11,700 and still not heard back from them re a date - not very happy with that.

I live in Ireland and am going to see Frederick in Dublin on 2nd July. He sent me an email to advise of opertion dates available and 5th August looks good.

So nervous but excited at the same time.

My mum heard a horror story of nipping bowel of surgeon in Belgium but not sure of the name of the surgeon.

Any advice would be so welcome

Hi there guys

I'm a newbie here!!!

Went to Hospital in Dublin 3 weeks ago that charge 11,700 and still not heard back from them re a date - not very happy with that.

I live in Ireland and am going to see Frederick in Dublin on 2nd July. He sent me an email to advise of opertion dates available and 5th August looks good.

So nervous but excited at the same time.

My mum heard a horror story of nipping bowel of surgeon in Belgium but not sure of the name of the surgeon.

Any advice would be so welcome

Welcome toppings, you'll be in good hands with Dr Chris and Fred, and its so much cheaper, and they are very experienced, all staff at hospital speaks excellent english so no worries there.

Its really exciting when you make the choice to go ahead and book the op. August 5th is my birthday, so it has to be a good date. keep reading past posts there is so much useful info on this thread, although its now such a long thread its going to be a massive task, but well worth it.

Ah thank you so much mmm for your reply.

Believe it or not its my birthday on the 4th August!!!

Must be a good time of year to have it done.....

I will certainly start looking through all the previous posts.

I take it you were banded in Belgium as you speak so highly of them.

When was op done?

Do you ever miss food?

Toppings

Hi All - OK, gotta tell you what happened to me in Belgium - a cautionary tale for anyone heading out there (or getting the band anywhere.) I went through the surgery and Dr. Chris had to stop without banding me because of problems with my liver. I have non-alcoholic cirrhosis. I did inform the doc on the forms of this but did not verbally go into the full history. Nor did he ask - which I think makes us each 50% culpable. As I understood my medical condition - which is seven years old - I had improved to the point where it was a lasting but non-progressing condition. So, I had the surgery but no band. Dr Chris said it was only the third time he had to stop a surgery. It is not only the money I lost (but I was refunded 2K for the cost of the band and, I believe, the doctor's own fees) but it is the huge disappointment - and also the trauma of undergoing surgery for nothing. My disappointment is huge, and I am actually feeling quite depressed about it. As we all know, no one enters this lightly and I believed it to be my real last chance. If I had successfully lost weight on my own, I wouldn't be here! I had so many hopes and plans for my thinner, healthier future. Anyway, please, please, please, do yourself a favour and do not hold back any information whether you think it is relevant or not. I understand and appreciate that Dr Chris stopped my surgery as a life-saving measure (he said when my liver was touched it started to bleed enough to worry him that I could bleed to death - you can't argue with that). But going through surgery for no gain is a serious situation. Good luck to you all - and especially ShellyG and Mairaid who were there with me, also lovely Alan. Shelly, thank you for all your support and I wish you all lots of weight loss and good health! Kathy

Hi odgemodge, when you have more restriction you will possible be eating the same things only small amounts ie 1 weetabix, 1 egg omlette, and tea plate sized evening meal, but we are all different, and need different quantities, hope this info helps, I can only tell you what volumes satisfy me.

Its really weird at the moment cause i haven't had a fill yet and am eating about that amount of food! I only get hungry towards meal times as well!!!! Hopefully it won't take too many fills to reach restriction!

Hi All - OK, gotta tell you what happened to me in Belgium - a cautionary tale for anyone heading out there (or getting the band anywhere.) I went through the surgery and Dr. Chris had to stop without banding me because of problems with my liver. I have non-alcoholic cirrhosis. I did inform the doc on the forms of this but did not verbally go into the full history. Nor did he ask - which I think makes us each 50% culpable. As I understood my medical condition - which is seven years old - I had improved to the point where it was a lasting but non-progressing condition. So, I had the surgery but no band. Dr Chris said it was only the third time he had to stop a surgery. It is not only the money I lost (but I was refunded 2K for the cost of the band and, I believe, the doctor's own fees) but it is the huge disappointment - and also the trauma of undergoing surgery for nothing. My disappointment is huge, and I am actually feeling quite depressed about it. As we all know, no one enters this lightly and I believed it to be my real last chance. If I had successfully lost weight on my own, I wouldn't be here! I had so many hopes and plans for my thinner, healthier future. Anyway, please, please, please, do yourself a favour and do not hold back any information whether you think it is relevant or not. I understand and appreciate that Dr Chris stopped my surgery as a life-saving measure (he said when my liver was touched it started to bleed enough to worry him that I could bleed to death - you can't argue with that). But going through surgery for no gain is a serious situation. Good luck to you all - and especially ShellyG and Mairaid who were there with me, also lovely Alan. Shelly, thank you for all your support and I wish you all lots of weight loss and good health! Kathy

Really sorry to hear that Kathy, you must be really dissappointed. Hope you can stay on the forum and keep us updated on your weight loss when you find the right diet for you! It would be lovely to see how you get on! Plus i'm sure everyone on here as done diets in the past and know of some good ones for you!!!

Good luck !:)

Hi mandy good for you giving your so called friend a piece of your mind, it not the easy option its still bloody hard work.

Sorry to hear about your experience kathy, you know we will all still be hear for you with any help and support.

Odgemodge it sounds to me like you have pretty good restriction at the min

Welcome to the forum toppings, i had my band fitted in january and i would say its the best decision i have ever made, my only regret is that i didnt have it before. I went with dr chris in belguim, my decision was made after reading all the great reports on this forum, the hospital over there was spotless, the staff was great and all speaking very good english, Frederik comes to see you at the hotel the day before your surgery and also he pays you a visit at the hotel after your surgery too check you are ok. You will be in very good, safe hands. Dont forget we are all on here helping eachother out with any advice and support, goodluck x