Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Just a quick question to those who have restriction!

What does it feel like! At the moment i'm managing 2 weetabix for breakie! 1/2 an omlette for lunch and Cereal bowl of Pasta or curry and rice etc for tea! After each meal i am stuffed!!!! Is this normal and if it is what will i be eating after restriction!!!

Odge can you help me with the ticker thingy . how can I get it on my posts. I have created one but cant get it onto my posts. Please help. Jx

Odge can you help me with the ticker thingy . how can I get it on my posts. I have created one but cant get it onto my posts. Please help. Jx

Can't really remember but think you highlight the url sentence that it creates and copy and paste it into your signature section on your user cp!!!!

What kinda things are you eating Pixie? I have been trying to have anything that is below 4g fat, but I dont know if that's the kinda thing I should be doing?!

Help!

x

P.S

Sufee - welcome back, can't wait to hear all the details, please do, like Homecare said, post all the info you can give us all when you can, thanks hon!

First of all no 'vices', so no crisps, chocolate, biscuits or cake - all mine have been eaten so there's none in the house!

I'm having 2 weetabix with skimmed milk for Breakfast and chopped ham and salad for lunch. dinner I've been a bit crap with though I am trying!

I agree with Gary, anything with less than 5g fat in 100g is considered low fat.

I've found a Tomato based Pasta Sauce and a curry sauce that are low in fat (just check the labels - go for tomato based ones not creamy ones). If you cook lean meat (skinless chicken/ turkey breast, fish or prawns are all low fat) without adding much oil that should be ok. Add lots of veg, rice and Pasta are also low in fat so no problem.

You could use extra lean steak mince (I think that's about 5% fat) and drain any fat off before you add the sauce. Fish (poach or grill it) with veg, salad, rice. Can't think of anything else for now, but if I find any good ones will let you know.

Hi Pixie,

I'm also being banded on the 23rd June. I'm flying out from Dublin and my sis is coming wi me for company. I'm on the milk thistle and arnica in an effort to get ready for the op and start the low fat diet tomorrow.

Is anyone else on the forum being banded the same day as us?

Sara

Hi Sara, I'm so glad there's someone else from this group going out on the same day as me!

Not sure it's my best idea ever, but I'm going on my own as only my boyfriend knows about it and he's working. I'm staying in the Campanile Vilvoorde the night before, are you?

I've also started milk thistle, and am now off to get some arnica!

hi all its my 10th day post band today and so far I'm down 7lbs is that about right for lunch today i think i have over eaten as i have got such a pain its in my chest and goes up to my neck and it feels as if i want to do a big ( burp ) sorry but that's the only way i can explain it its also like the wind pain we got after the opp is the normal and it this what i will feel when i get restricion thanks xxsuefeexx

Havin problems with this ticker thingy can anyone give instructions on how to get it onto my posts. J x

Click on the link above someone's ticker where it says 'tickerfactory.com' - this will take you to the page where you can design your own ticker. Go through the process - choose your design, input your data etc.

Open a separate internet window and go to this site. Click 'user CP' (towards top of page), then 'edit signature' (in the list on the left). You can then write a signature to appear below all your posts.

If you copy the code from the box under 'bbCode' from the tickerfactory site and paste it in the signature box on this site, it should put your ticker in your signature. You can preview your signature to check it looks ok before you use it.

Hope this helps!

hi all its my 10th day post band today and so far I'm down 7lbs is that about right for lunch today i think i have over eaten as i have got such a pain its in my chest and goes up to my neck and it feels as if i want to do a big ( burp ) sorry but that's the only way i can explain it its also like the wind pain we got after the opp is the normal and it this what i will feel when i get restricion thanks xxsuefeexx

Hi suefee, it sounds as if you've either eaten too quickly, or not chewed enough, and something has got stuck, sometimes the only way to alleviate the pain is to chuck it back up, its not like being sick cos the food has'nt been digested, and bandsters call it a pb (productive burp) this is what it feels like when you have restriction and you over eat, or eat too quickly, or it happens with some foods, some find breads, nans, etc too heavey to digest, with others its rice, or it could be something completly different for you, I have a problem with peach skins and have to peel them. Hope this info helps

Hi suefee well done on your weight loss so far, how long did you stay on liquids for? What did you have to eat that got stuck? I remember the 1st time it happened to me and it is scary at 1st and it hurts like hell.. i still get it now if i try and eat things like chicken or red meat, it just shows the band is working and we have to watch out for the signs x

Im the same as you mmm i have to peel all fruit i even have to cut grapes in half an eat the middle and leave the skin lol x

mine is not a good as yours cos I can eat most things the only things I have to be careful with is the skins around orange segments if they are a bit dry, peach skins, and I'm ok with bread as long as its not sliced white, then I can only eat half slice and then have to stop. My easiest foods are salad, fish, cereal and porridge, and of course cake and chocs.

I'm going back to France on Thurs for a few weeks and that wil be a tester for me, cos I wont be able to get a fill in June, and I dont really want one in July cos I got a wedding to attend at the start of August.

I went shopping today for my outfit, it was hard to understand that sized 14 were easily fitting, I was unsure as to whether or not to buy, because size 12 did go on but was tight over the bust, in the end I did buy a 14 just in case i did'nt loose any more weight, or even put any on during my holls, but it was a nice problem to have. I'm feeling much more confident now that I'm a bit smaller. Happy days.

hi all i have been on liquids for 10 days and today for lunch i had some of those dutch crisp bread like they gave us in hospital but as you say I've probably eat to much to fast as they do dissolve when you chew them and I've been uncomfortable most of the day so I'm going to leave the food alone until tomorrow i will just have a cup of tea and try again tomorrow thanks all xxsuefeexx

mine is not a good as yours cos I can eat most things the only things I have to be careful with is the skins around orange segments if they are a bit dry, peach skins, and I'm ok with bread as long as its not sliced white, then I can only eat half slice and then have to stop. My easiest foods are salad, fish, cereal and porridge, and of course cake and chocs.

I'm going back to France on Thurs for a few weeks and that wil be a tester for me, cos I wont be able to get a fill in June, and I dont really want one in July cos I got a wedding to attend at the start of August.

I went shopping today for my outfit, it was hard to understand that sized 14 were easily fitting, I was unsure as to whether or not to buy, because size 12 did go on but was tight over the bust, in the end I did buy a 14 just in case i did'nt loose any more weight, or even put any on during my holls, but it was a nice problem to have. I'm feeling much more confident now that I'm a bit smaller. Happy days.

Hi MMM,size 14 that's fab i say you feel great well done you've done fantastic wont be long for size 12,just wanted to ask you or anyone out there i went out for dinner this evening i was starving i ordered chicken & prawn stir fry with veg & pitta bread i put a bit of chicken prawn & veg in pitta i only took 2 bites had to run to the loo i was crippled with pain for about 15 mins it was so scary this never happened to me before i had my 3 fill Mon gone and felt i had know restriction could eat most things was feeling very hungry thats why i thought i had no restriction oh god was i wrong i never want to get that pain again i thought i would have to go to casualty i then got sick and the pain went it has left me very sore,my ? to all you experienced bandsters is this what restriction feels like im a bit confused because i can eat a big bowl of cornflakes with milk and yesterday i had 2 grilled fish fingers with some Beans & a grilled waffle and felt fine to be honest i could have eat more so i don't know what way it is at the mo please any advice :blink::confused::drool:

Welcome newcomers and hello to you oldtimers. Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I haven't been on in a while. I just got back from 2 weeks in the states seeing my first grandchild (born 15 April)! His name is Sam and he is so handsome.

Anyway, I was scheduled for a fill before I left, but cancelled. I've only had 2 fills, total of 5 (cc, cl, ml, whatever it is they use to measure). While on vacation I ate whatever I wanted and when I got home Friday I was so scared to step on the scales, but turns out I lost 5.6 pounds while I was gone. How exciting is that? Anyway, I had so much fun trying on old clothes yesterday and putting them in the charity pile, I can't stop smiling.

My daughter put her feet on my lap yesterday and made a remark about my lap being "boney"! I love it.

This is all so exciting and happening much faster than I could have dreamed. Those of you trying to decide whether you should get a band, for me it is the best thing I have done in a long long time.

By the way, TC27, where are you and how are you doing??

-Tammy

Just a quick question to those who have restriction!

What does it feel like! At the moment i'm managing 2 weetabix for breakie! 1/2 an omlette for lunch and cereal bowl of Pasta or curry and rice etc for tea! After each meal i am stuffed!!!! Is this normal and if it is what will i be eating after restriction!!!

Anyone out there that can help??????