Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! do i need another unfill????

i was overfilled (3.7 cc) in late oct. and got an unfill (3.0) in early november. i was unfilled to let my stomache heal...i had lost MOST of my restriction with that unfill...

i am sick...chest cold, coughing, body ache. i am TIGHT again. i pb'd like 5-10 times last night.

on my way home i had to stop at cracker barrel for some moonpies and googoo's to take to WA. i decided to buy 3 buckeyes (chocolate cover peanut butter) so i eat 2 of them...i am fine for 30-45 minutes. after i leave the whole way home i am in TOTAL discomfort. i thought it was gas but i also truely thought my band feels REALLY tight, like REALLY TIGHT. i went to the grocery, bought some poweraide and instant potatoes.

when i got home i tried the poweraide. it hurt like hell and i eventually pb'd. i tried again, same result. tried again with hot poweraide and pb'd that too. cooked my dad dinner then made the potatoes like Soup. pb on those too, twice.

i gave up. i am on liquid anti-biotics for being sick. i took my dose of liquid antibiotic and was packing...for a good 30 minutes it sat in my pouch. eventually i burped and up came the anitbiotics in my hand.

i am hard headed and needed to take my cough Syrup because i have a horrid cough. anyway i took the cough syrup and it DID stay down after a good 30-45 minutes of sliming.

this morning i am on about 2-3 oz of coffee. it is staying down but it hurts. i have a call in to my dr but i dont know if i should go in and get more UNFILLED? i am leaving here at 2:30 and fly out at 5:30 any suggestions? advice?

michelle

Wow, Michelle, you can tell me a lot more of what to do than I can! If you've had a really bad pb episode, shouldn't you stay on liquids for 24 hours and let your body rest and recoup? Watch taking those antibiotics on an empty stomach. Maybe try to drink or eat just a little something first - to protect your tummy. I currently have an unfill (due to reflux). I've had the croupy, coughing crud for weeks. I've thought many times that I'm so glad I'm unfilled because I worried if all that coughing was bad for the band. Hope you get to feeling better very, very soon. P. S. I'd stay away from the moonpies, goo-goos, and buckeyes for a while. They are not your friend!

rofl dont worry marie i HATE moonpies and the goo goos arent in the flavor i like so i wont be having any of them...as for the buckeyes...i only bought 3 and ate 2 the other is on the floorboard of my car!!!

my dr's PA just called. she said she would see me at 1:45 if i want an unfill. i told her i am able to get liquids down today and she said i may be ok to bo on liquids for a few days.

i told her i have the number of a band dr in the area that i will be in so i could always go there for an unfill.

i also told her i am getting ready to attempt runny Soup. if it goes down i will likely keep what i have...if it gives me problems i will be going there at 1:45.

michelle

Poor thing, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Coughing, pb'ng, & can't keep anything down, that's an awful feeling I'm sure. Hope you can keep some liquids down so you don't dehydrate. Let us know how you're doing.

Sorry you are having such a rough time, Shelly! Of course, you know just what to do. Liquids for Christmas! GEEZ!! Now that's a rough one. Hope you are feeling better. Take very good care of yourself. I hope you get rid of that nasty cough very soon.

Shelly, I'm rotten to the core. You are PBing and all I can think of is what moonpies and goo-goos are. Geeze, psycho food girl here. I'm actually jealous of your restriction. I have great restriction, but I've only PBd about 2ce. Seems like anything will fly down my hatch. Inamed suggested drinking something warm first thing in the morning to open the band up. Larry Fulton said the esophogus needs to "warm up." Probably not the best medical terminology, but try starting the day with warm tea and see if you can gradually get other liquids down after half hour? Just a though. You are one the top Band Goddesses, so we need to keep YOU healthy!

thanks ladies!!!

lisa you ARE rotten to the core!!! :banana that why i love you!!! moonpies suck but googoo's are gooooood the Peanut Butter kind anyway!

today so far i was able to get down a 14 oz coffee yippeee and 32 oz of poweraid!!! i am getting ready to attempt some Soup. i am also having MAJOR stress which i know causes greater restriction.

it seems the ex's appt was broken into monday...they took his big screen tv, playstation 2, games, dvd's, and $$$ that he had in his SOCK DRAWER (WTF) i dont have a car today (cause i am flying out in a few hours) and he has no food. i am gonna mail him 30 bucks for some food. he also has no family or friends close by. i KNOW this isnt my problem but i hate to think of him alone and starving on x-mas.

that on top of work deadlines and being sick and the fact that didnt start packing till 10pm last night...i just need to get on that plane so i can breathe a BIG sigh of relief!!

michelle