Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had RNY on 12/21. I get to start the pureed stage of my diet tomorrow. I am a little nervous! I know what foods I can have....but I am just curious....what was your first pureed food?!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I had an over easy egg and smoked salmon Oh my

I was on liquid for 3 wks. I was so tired of liquid. I literally threw every ounce of liquid in my refrigerator out! I was able to start eating the day after my birthday. How it all turned out that way I don't know. I'm so greatful for muchy food!

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I had a sleeve gastrectomy on the same day.

My first "pureed" meal was skim ricotta with salt, pepper, and unflavored Protein powder. YUM!

I tried scrambled eggs last night and my tummy was not happy; it felt like lumpy cement and made me nauseous.

My second meal was hummus with, you guessed it, unflavored Protein Powder.

Good luck, becky1178!

Edited by White Sale

Yay! Puréed food is like heaven after being on liquids for so long lol! I started this past Friday and my first meal was scrambled eggs (chewed VERY well) or you could throw it in the food processor with a teaspoon of salsa and a thin slice of avocado! :)

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am all about having an egg tomorrow, that's for sure! And I do have an avocado in the fridge....thank you for sharing!

I had an over easy egg and smoked salmon Oh my

I was on liquid for 3 wks. I was so tired of liquid. I literally threw every ounce of liquid in my refrigerator out! I was able to start eating the day after my birthday. How it all turned out that way I don't know. I'm so greatful for muchy food!

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I am so tired of liquids! I just finished yet another bowl of Tomato Soup....thank you for sharing!

I had a sleeve gastrectomy on the same day.

My first "pureed" meal was skim ricotta with salt, pepper, and unflavored Protein powder. YUM!

I tried scrambled eggs last night and my tummy was not happy; it felt like lumpy cement and made me nauseous.

My second meal was hummus with, you guessed it, unflavored Protein Powder.< /span>

Good luck, becky1178!

I did buy some ricotta cheese! I think I am ready....just nervous on how my stomach is going to respond!

I just started my puréed stage and I bought and/or made the following things puréed in my blender.

Oikos triple zero Greek yogurt

Cottage cheese

Protein pudding

Egg salad

Buffalo chicken

Ricotta bake

Black bean Soup

tuna salad

Laughing cow cheese

Katy W- Louisburg, NC

Lapband revision to VSG with DS

HW- 297

Weight at Surgery-279

CW- will update at two week appt

Question for the adventurous pureers... Did the thought of blended meats ever sound nauseating or were you always okay with the idea? Thinking of chicken or tuna in a blender or liquified egg salad makes me a little sick, so I'm wondering are you just so ready for more regular food after the liquid stage that it actually tastes good, texture and all?

I know it's a short phase in the scheme of things, I'm just preparing myself!

I think the first thing I had on the pureed diet was scrambled eggs for Breakfast.

Then later that day I REALLY wanted to try nonfat refried Beans, so I did. I even put a couple teaspoons of Daisy light sour cream on them. They were really good!

I believe I also had cottage cheese on the same day. It was okay. Not too keen on plain cottage cheese.< /p>

Question for the adventurous pureers... Did the thought of blended meats ever sound nauseating or were you always okay with the idea? Thinking of chicken or tuna in a blender or liquified egg salad makes me a little sick, so I'm wondering are you just so ready for more regular food after the liquid stage that it actually tastes good, texture and all?

I know it's a short phase in the scheme of things, I'm just preparing myself!

It sounded nauseating to me. I didn't think the texture would be good at all, however I was wrong. I had thick sliced smoked turkey blended with some homemade ranch and BBQ Sauce. It turned out to be a soft playdoh-like consistency and tasted good.

I start pureed foods later this week. What brand of unflavored Protein powder do you all use? Where do you buy it? I keep seeing reference to it but can't find it anywhere. I'd like to try it.

I start pureed foods later this week. What brand of unflavored Protein powder do you all use? Where do you buy it? I keep seeing reference to it but can't find it anywhere. I'd like to try it.

I use unjury unflavored Protein Powder. I buy it from their website. Besides mixing it in things like yogurt, Soups, refried Beans, etc, you can mix it in drinks like Crystal Light, Powerade Zero and Decaf iced tea.