Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm Eating Everything!!

Ihad my first fill on December 13 and was so excited since I had no restriction with my initial surgery. I was on liquids and mushies for a few days after the fill and now that I am back to regular food I can eat wahtever I want. I keep waiting for that full feeling but it never comes. For lunch I had a baked potato, some pickles and a roll. Would it be bad to already go back to the doctor and ask for my next fill? I think they are trying to get all of the money out me they can since they only filled me a 0.8 on the first one. I want more restriction...it is so hard doing this by myself over the holidays...that is why I got the band before they started. How soon have you all had your fills after another fill. Is it too early? Am I just being a wimp??

Kim

Most US docs are very conservative in giving their fills...most will want you to wait 2 weeks before the give another fill ... Mexico Dr's are much more aggressive with their fills. However it can take a week or so for your fillto kick in, my first one took a week but my 2nd fill was instant. Maybe give it another week or few days atleast. Is your cycle near? That affects restriction levels, I can eat like a horse a couple days before mine arrives but when it comes I am tight as a drum..

Here is an excerpt from Dr. Ortiz's new book on fills

The standard protocol in the US adopted by most surgeons is a gradual adding of volume. This works well but I prefer to get the restriction level to the correct ammount as soon as possible. This can be achieved more easily with the aid of fluoro One of the advantages of having a fill without fluoro is it can be done in a Dr's office without Fluoro the protocol used in the US right now is 1cc to 1.2 cc in the first fill and then visits every 2 weeks where incriments of .2 ccs are added the desired restriction is attained. Fills preformed outside of the US are usually more aggressive.

Hang in there, this is a tough time of year for all of us..I am struggling too these past weeks with all of the Holiday goodies . NO MORE FUDGE FOR ME!

Michelle hit it on the nail about the fill part, in the states they abide by a certain fill schedule and you will need a couple of fills before you reached the right amount of restriction.

Normally they recommend you to get a fill if you haven't lost weight for at least 1 month. But since you only have .8cc in your band you might ask your doctor if he can give you another fill soon.

Biggun. First, let's get rid of the name. I remember when New Hope had some insulting name. Now she's New and she's got Hope and she's doing great. Give yourself some positive encouragement. Feel beautiful today, you deserve it. If that's your real last name, I'm so, so sorry! But it reminds me of Al Bundy making fun of women's huge boobs. Lil Kim has been taken. How about Kimba or Kimlittle?

I just remembered Al Bundy's Big Un Magazines...that is so funny... I never thought about that. I will have to ponder on a new name...I'm thinking "Kimalicious"...it will be my new lap-band/ Hip-hop name. I am changing my profile as we speak if it will let me. Thanks for the inspiration along with my little cousin I saw this weekend who is a white girl from the country who wore a baseball hat that said: "I am Hip-hop." She cracks me up...

Kim

I just remembered Al Bundy's Big Un Magazines...that is so funny... I never thought about that. I will have to ponder on a new name...I'm thinking "Kimalicious"...it will be my new lap-band/ Hip-hop name. I am changing my profile as we speak if it will let me. Thanks for the inspiration along with my little cousin I saw this weekend who is a white girl from the country who wore a baseball hat that said: "I am Hip-hop." She cracks me up...

Kim

LOVE LOVE LOVE KIMALICIOUS

So ok, you prolly aren't supposed to do this but I changed my name myself...That makes me feel so much more like the real me Delarla!! Thanks for the idea!!

Kim, I had my first fill on the 13th too. No restriction whatsoever, not even any swelling. So I called my dr's office on Monday (20th) and talked to his coordinator and she told me that they would only schedule fills 3 weeks apart. So I asked to have my dr call me. We played phone tag for a while and I finally got to talk to him late Tuesday. He said he would get me scheduled for next Monday for another fill . After I told him of my concerns regarding having to continually get tiny fills for a long period of time, he said we will do everything it takes to get me where I need to be. I suggest you get persistant with you dr. For me that was easy since I am known to be tenacious. Don't be afraid to tell your dr what YOU are expecting. This band thing is definitely NOT a one size fits all thing. We are all different and our dr's need to be treating us as individuals. Good luck and here's hoping for good restriction for both of us!

Kim, love your new name! I changed mine too (from 4x4x4 to New Hope). It's amazing how a little "Hope" and help can make us feel better about ourselves, isn't it? Yeah!

Girl, you've lost 27 pounds in less than 6 weeks! You're doing something right! Have you tried using www.fitday.com ? It's free and can really show you what you're eating, how much, calories, exercise, etc. You may feel that you're eating a lot, but I bet you're eating a whole lot less than you did - preband. Are you getting your waterload in (but not with meals, or for 1 hour afterwards)?

Marie, you're right. At the restaurant I went to for lunch yesterday I would have normally eaten not only what I ate, but a BBQ sandwich to go with it and probably 5 extra rolls with butter. I am eating a lot less. I just thought it would be a lot less than this. But I did count the days and it is "MY WEEK" that I usually eat everything in sight for the month. SO i bet that is not helping one bit. I am taking it day by day and staying away from the scale!