Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone who does not count calories? Ever?

I felt that way when I first began my journey and like keeping track of everything would be a pain. But I found once you get into the habit it's not so bad. Once in the morning I sit down and decide what I'm going to eat and log it into the app I use to keep me on track. It has made eating less stressful for me and made it easier to stay on track. I wish you success no matter which route you take ultimately it is about what works best for you and your success and that's so subjective. :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Aww thank you!

I don't count calories but I do track them. My tracking is for Protein and such but it also tracks calories

I hate counting calories. Tried it, hatef it. Never will do it successfully. So im doing the next best thing n keeping track of my Protein since thats one of the most important things after WLS.

Downloaded app called Protein TRACKER.

Blue icon with a white dumbbell. Love it. Check it out.

Slim n sexy...summer 2017 here we come ????

I only mentally keep track of Protein and Water. Been at goal 2 years. I am also a workout junkie who is not into tracking every bite I eat. You can be successful and everyone is different. So You Do You :)

Good luck-

LA

I hate counting calories. Tried it, hatef it. Never will do it successfully. So im doing the next best thing n keeping track of my Protein since thats one of the most important things after WLS.

Downloaded app called Protein TRACKER.

Blue icon with a white dumbbell. Love it. Check it out.

Slim n sexy...summer 2017 here we come

Oh my goodness, really!? I'm going to check it out just as soon as I get home. I really don't want to go to my fitness pal or anything with all the added stuff I don't need or care to know. Thanks a bunch!!!

I only mentally keep track of Protein and Water. Been at goal 2 years. I am also a workout junkie who is not into tracking every bite I eat. You can be successful and everyone is different. So You Do You :)

Good luck-

LA

I too workout. I have always worked out and enjoy being at the gym. Just have/had a problem with my diet and keeping it off for the past 8 years. I'm gonna check out a Protein tracking app though, just to start off. Keep up your good work!

I don't count calories. The only times I have tracked calories post-op were when I was trying to make sure I was eating ENOUGH. Shortly post-op, when I was first on solid foods, I wanted to make sure I was getting up over 800 calories a day so I could start running. And then when I was training for my first half marathon, about an year-and-a-half post-op, I had to start tracking calories because I was losing weight and I didn't want to be. So I started tracking calories to figure out how I could get more in and stop losing anymore weight. Once I figured out a routine that worked for me, I stopped tracking.

I am almost 3 yrs post op and still trying to lose. So what were you doing when you were losing? I've been maintaining the last 2 years being content but now I need to finish my last 50lbs.

If you log you food in an app you don't have to count anything it does it all for you.

As WLS patients it seems like a lot of us have too few calories and that causes stalls and it ruins your metabolism.

I don't count calories but I log all my food in an app and the calories are right there. I worry more about hitting my 100 grams of Protein min. At the end of the day I look at the calories to make sure I got enough in.

I been maintaining for too long. I'm three years post op and the last two years I've been the same weight give or take a few lbs, but now I am trying to lose the rest and I simply can't. I've been eating what I wanted but now that I limit my calories (to about 1200 or so) I just can't shake this stall (or maintenance). Could it be that I am not eating enough?

Serenity James, I could have written your post. I am a little over two years out and still have about 15 pounds to lose but have been in a stall for at least a year. I DO count calories, and try to also eat about 1200 or so. I try to keep my carb count low, under 75 net. I also exercise several times per week, cardio and weight lifting. The scale will not budge, no matter what I do. I feel your frustration. Please let me know if you figure this thing out...

If you log you food in an app you don't have to count anything it does it all for you.

As WLS patients it seems like a lot of us have too few calories and that causes stalls and it ruins your metabolism.

I don't count calories but I log all my food in an app and the calories are right there. I worry more about hitting my 100 grams of Protein min. At the end of the day I look at the calories to make sure I got enough in.

I been maintaining for too long. I'm three years post op and the last two years I've been the same weight give or take a few lbs, but now I am trying to lose the rest and I simply can't. I've been eating what I wanted but now that I limit my calories (to about 1200 or so) I just can't shake this stall (or maintenance). Could it be that I am not eating enough?

Absolutely! You'll find many who were told to eat more by their nutritionists to lose weight. There is actually some science behind eating more to lose weight. Here is an excellent website that talks about how our bodies work and why we should have more calories. The low calorie thing isn't meant to be long term, but neither is the over the limit calorie. Got to find the balance. But from what I've learned, when you're too low for too long, you will either not lose weight or gain weight. The latter is what I did.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/

@@Momcat check out the website I posted. You'll find others in the same position who broke out of their stalls.

@@LIA-70 help! I can't seem to find that app. No blue icon with white dumbbell????

Absolutely! You'll find many who were told to eat more by their nutritionists to lose weight. There is actually some science behind eating more to lose weight. Here is an excellent website that talks about how our bodies work and why we should have more calories. The low calorie thing isn't meant to be long term, but neither is the over the limit calorie. Got to find the balance. But from what I've learned, when you're too low for too long, you will either not lose weight or gain weight. The latter is what I did.

http://eatmore2weighless.com/

You're amazing thank you ! ❤️

During my weight loss phase I ate 1400-1500 calories a day, hit my Protein goal of 100 grams every day, ran three days a week, biked two days a week, and did strength training 5-6 days a week. I think, like you have observed from other posts, I was successful because I actually kept my calories pretty high. I never had the damage to my metabolism that a lot of WLS patients have by creating too large a calorie deficit in their weight loss phase.

My only advice for someone in your position now would be to get as much protein as possible and add in some strength training. Muscle burns more calories, so if you can build some up, it should boost your metabolism a bit. But it won't be fast. Don't expect quick results. You have to do it and stick with it and have faith it will pay off in the end.