Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Yall. Just wanted some kind of encouraging words or advice. I'm 4days post op. Still dealing with some pain of course but I'm being more active. Of course I'm dealing with the gas pains when I try to drink anything and that's making it extremely difficult to take in my fluids. Today I've noticed a lot of head hunger and it's driving me insane. I'm sure my body is actually hungry since it's been about 3 weeks since I've had any real food and I'm having issues getting my fluids in... but please tell me this stops. I'm fighting through them obviously and I know I'll be alright.. I'm just struggling with it mostly today. Also, i haven't had any nausea, I'm definitely not complaining just kind of makes me nervous since I don't really feel any different. Anyone else? Advice , tips , encouraging words ? Thank you Fellow sleevers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I'm only two days out so I can't really help there but I just wanted to add that i haven't had nausea either. My incisions have been really tender though and it's hard to get up or sit down/go use the bathroom/get in and out of bed. My stomach gets all gurgly if I drink anything even at sips - is this considered gas pain? I should have taken time to go to the pharmacy for Gas-X or something before I got home from the hospital, it's 12:20am my time in Texas.

Best advice for me has been slow and steady. Nothing is rushed right now.

Anyway, right behind ya in post-op days! It all happened so fast!

Yes mam I believe it is Gas pains. When I had my c section they were A LOT more intense so I'm thankful for just the chest pains Right now. I have trouble sitting up and getting up as well. Especially bending down. Other then those few things all is well.

It will get better. I felt the exact same after my surgery but it has gotten better for me. Once you're able to get on soft foods the head hunger gets better. And the gas pains will go away soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve on the 28th, just got home yesterday. I've been feeling hungry the whole time. I can take a few sips of Water or Protein shake, pudding, but I can't make the hunger go away. Other than that, everything has been great!

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

GAS EX WALK REST! When you get the head hunger Water and walk . I was starving in the hospital, I wanted everything and anything. I missed food. NOW NO! nothing smells good and my mind is full of excitement for the future. I made and make snow cones eaten with a spoon tricked my brain and got my fluids in ! Sleeved 12/16 started at 281 today 249 you got this ! Stay strong it gets better

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

I thought the way I was eating/drinking/sipping in the beginning was how it was going to be for life. It was rough and slow and felt wrong to me. I did have terrible nausea and all that went with it but one day, at around the 2 month mark, it was over. It was like a light switch and then I was totally fine. I could eat without getting sick, I could drink Water almost like before surgery. Now, at 3 months, I feel normal and amazing and have a ton of energy. I had to encourage myself every morning that that day was a new day and I would just listen to my body and get through. It gets sooooo much better!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I'm also 4 days post op. Feel fine except if I take too big a gulp then feels like it's stuck. Mourning the loss of food. Not really hungry but can't stop thinking about FOOD!

Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, sip, sip, sleep.... rinse and repeat.

Every day it will get easier.

Congrats :D

Sleeved 12/29 and I was feeling hungry today but it wasn't real. I sipped and it went away. Then try walking, you'll feel so much better you'll forget about hunger

Sent from my iPhone

Wow! I think thread has helped me the most so far!!!! Thanks everyone!

Today has been a hungry day for me.

Sent from cyberdiva's iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 3 1/2 weeks out. Those first two weeks I had so much IN MY HEAD to deal with about eating!!! Fixing dinner for my kids, handling all the food. Oh man, it was SO HARD!!! Now I'm kind of "take it or leave it" with food. Some days I have to remind myself to eat so I have started setting alarms on my phone when to start/stop drinking and when to eat!

Today (my post op day 3) was my first outing to the movies. It was so hard. I sat with my parents while one had a burger and fries and the other a toasted sub sandwich - mix that with seeing all things junk food at the movies. All I could do was sip from my Water bottle and stick a cherry Halls cough drop in my mouth. It wasn't so bad when I got home though, I guess it's just visual triggered head huger that passes. I was what I guess was kind of hungry when I got home and I've been filled with a cup of miso Soup, a Jello, and am now sipping on a chocolate Protein shake. Big dinner for me. No quitting now! It sucks to have limited options but it's great knowing it only takes a little to fill me up! One day - options will widen just have to be mindful always and forever.

Edited by sasharbinx

Today (my post op day 3) was my first outing to the movies. It was so hard. I sat with my parents while one had a burger and fries and the other a toasted sub sandwich - mix that with seeing all things junk food at the movies. All I could do was sip from my Water bottle and stick a cherry Halls cough drop in my mouth. It wasn't so bad when I got home though, I guess it's just visual triggered head huger that passes. I was what I guess was kind of hungry when I got home and I've been filled with a cup of miso Soup, a Jello, and am now sipping on a chocolate Protein shake. Big dinner for me. No quitting now! It sucks to have limited options but it's great knowing it only takes a little to fill me up! One day - options will widen just have to be mindful always and forever.

Visual hunger is the worse for me. Esp lately around the holidays. It's frustrating and sucks... but we got this.