Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally... Hunger Hits at Week 7 Post Op!

Hello everyone :)

I am just coming into my 7th week post op, and I can say that I am REALLY hungry for the first time since surgery.

I am noticing that after a couple hours of eating Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I am truly hungry for a snack. Whereas before, I only ate to get those calories in.

I think this will really help up my calories from about 600 a day to over 700 a day, which might actually boost my metabolism a bit. During the past 7 weeks, there have been 3 weeks in which I didn't lose any weight at all. I know that happens to everyone, but I also think that the scale stopped in part due to such a low calorie intake.

So far, my go to Snacks in between meals have been plain nonfat greek yogurt with fresh blueberries, string cheese, and cottage cheese with pineapple tidbits. I am coming off of the Protein Shakes a little bit and actually getting in real food, which I think is good and where I need to be at this point.

I would like to ask others what are some of their favorite snacks? Please share! Thanks!

Edited by mylighthouse

Raw almonds, cheese, cottage cheese with unsweetened applesauce, sugar free pudding with GENEPRO Protein, olives, plain yogurt smoothie with fruit , and sugar free Popsicles are what kills cravings for me

But I am also only 6 weeks so I haven't moved onto raw veggies yet. I am still in the exploratory phase like you. Still looking for ideas for meals

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Agree with the Snacks above, and would add Protein bars (but watch calories, because some are lower and considered Snacks, and some are upwards of 300 calories considered meal replacements), a few apple slices with a little Peanut Butter, and one of my favorites, Perky Turkey Jerky, YUM!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for the great suggestions, ladies. :)

Love almonds and hadn't thought about them.... and never heard of Perky Turkey Jerky, I will have to look into that.

Cottage cheese, any cheese, baby fruit pouches (for low blood sugar), skyr, Protein bars and shakes, cashews, rye crackers (these are allowed on my food plan from week 2, but please, follow your own plan), tea with milk, Protein puddings...

I still rely a lot on frankenfoods for my protein, but now when my stricture is fixed, I will be more brave.

Nilla

Proteins are a good snack since they take longer to digest and take that edge off the hunger.

Also with the leftovers now, I will keep some 1-2oz portions of chicken breast in the fridge or freezer (it only takes a minute to defrost) as a quick go to snack.