Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband converted to a Sleeve with duodenal switch on 12/26. It does get better every day. Getting up and down hurts like a bitch.

Most of the time though the pain from the gas in my back and shoulders wakes me up before my abdomen.

I've been walking at least three times a day and then resting.

It gets a little better every day. I notice that it's not so painful when I get out of the chair or out of bed. Just little by little.

You can do this! I'm here with you!

Katy W- Louisburg, NC

Lapband revision to VSG with DS

HW- 297

Weight at Surgery-279

CW- will update at two week appt

Whst kind of pain are you having? My surgery was on Monday, The only real pain I have is in my shoulders from the gas. Just keep moving.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

The shoulder pain is gone now. It's my stomach

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Maybe I'm posting on the wrong site - I had the gastric bypass

Whst kind of pain are you having? My surgery was on Monday, The only real pain I have is in my shoulders from the gas. Just keep moving.....

The shoulder pain is gone now. It's my stomach

Maybe I'm posting on the wrong site - I had the gastric bypass

Describe the pain the best you can?

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

My right shoulder hates me !!

foreverbariatric

Sent from my GalaxyNote4 using the App

Well may sound gross but I thought I pulled a muscle which I did but Constipation started a whole other type of pain so if you have not had a BM that maybe a source once I did it was a relief there are no words my sugery date 12/12

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I am about 3 weeks out GB and still have left sided soreness, sometimes severe around incision site. My doc tucked the stomach extra behind the stomach muscle and sutures it to the muscle so if I over exert it can cause a lot of soreness. Perhaps yours did the same? Also should pain could be gas. Try gas x. And if you haven't had BM it will make things a lot worse. All in all you should call your surgeon though and discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Shoulder pain can be from anaesthetic..I had many years ago from another surgery. Left shoulder was painful for approx 6 months. The gas pains went away after 3 days and had little pain at incision but had laparoscopic surgery for bypass. Pain at incision in my experience means been pushing myself and need to rest. Take sensocrat at night for Constipation or triphala.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I understand you having pain. I'm 3 days post-op and my stomach is tender. I had shoulder and neck pain but that has waned some. It's mainly hard to take a deep breath for me, but I think my surgery was a little different because I had a large hiatal hernia that had to be repaired and most of my stomach was in my chest. I had a paraesophogeol gastric diversion. I had the surgery for medical reasons not for weight loss, so this new way of eating is overwhelming me.