Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Addicted to My 600 pound life.

I was introduced to the show back before I had surgery. I binged watched every episode that I could to get a better understanding of what was on the calendar. The show provided me with insight into the surgery as well as an appreciation for not being that size. I still watch it as a reminder of where I never want to go. That my new stomach is a tool, and that I need to maintain this tool.

Too many of the people profiled have drama. Lots of people claiming to have been molested as children. That they blame their food consumption on their families. Then there's those who appear to have control issues and only really go out with their family member/significant other to grocery shop, yet hate the looks from others. I have to wonder if these people go shopping to ensure that the person they're with buys the food that they want. Control issues.

What I find frustrating is that so many of the patients would not pass the required psych eval if they were going through their insurance company. They are not ready to make the changes necessary to be successful. They complain about everything and don't want to make the changes that are required.

Watching this show tonight and it is so sad and depressing. I want to slap the enablers. I think I will try Fat Doctor instead.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Watching the Fat Doctor right now. It is hard for me to understand some of what they are saying. Can we get it dubbed in English? Lol

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Isn't it amazing that the same language can sound so different even within the same country? I binge watched all of them, but there was only one man I truly couldn't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

<p>Thanks! Now I am totally addicted to Fat Doctor (or Fat Surgeons as some of them are called). I have to wait until my wife is gone so I can watch it as my wife doesn't care for it. LOL</p>

Edited by Redmaxx

I can't watch that show. Too many "triggers" for me. I definitely struggled with compulsive overeating/binge eating in my former life and watching people engage in that behavior just sets something off in me and I don't like it.

I love this show and find these people inspiring. It takes allot of courage and we should be proud of us for seeking help and changing things.

Interestingly enough, I was totally into the show before I even considered surgery. My weight was about half what theirs are and watching them succeed over time is actually what kicked my butt into gear. I thought "If they can be successful, What's my excuse?". A lot of the reason, I was against the surgery was my own fear. In 2014, I had to have an urgent double hernia surgery and my surgeon also did bariatric surgery out of his office. I felt so comfortable with him that I really gave it some hard thought. Glad I did...still love the show because I makes me hyper aware of myself.