Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my post op nutrition class today and she had us come up with a few puree meal options that would ge us some Protein The goal was to replace a Protein shake with a puree meal.

its 1 1/2 -2 ounces Protein and 1/2 to 1 ounce fruit or veggie for a total of 3 oz per meal

cottage cheese and pineapples

chicken breast and avocado

tuna and avocado

ham and Beans with low fat cheese

ricotta and marinara sauce

ground turkey, avocado and salsa

Hey one week into purée and I think maybe I over did? Sharp pain in stomach after eating ground beef? Maybe not ground enough and having a hard time digesting it? It's pretty bad pain! Anyone else had this? Maybe just bad gas. Any help appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I first started puréed I stayed with cream Soups, shakes and yogurt, when I started with the meat I started with puréed tuna, added low fat ranch dressing and I only could tolerate 1oz

I'm totally hating this puree stage of this diet...I can't even fathom most foods being pureed and appealing...I did make pinto Beans and made refried beans...that's about the only thing besides my shakes that I find I can bare...I need more Protein and the shakes are so old...I'm only one week post-op and still have three weeks on this crazy diet....

Make a delicious canned tuna or chicken with fat free mayo.

I'm totally hating this puree stage of this diet...I can't even fathom most foods being pureed and appealing...I did make pinto Beans and made refried beans...that's about the only thing besides my shakes that I find I can bare...I need more Protein and the shakes are so old...I'm only one week post-op and still have three weeks on this crazy diet....

Make a delicious canned tuna or chicken with fat free mayo.

Also, the progresso light Soups aren't so bad puréed, I had the sirloin beef Soup the other day, it taste the same, just a creamy version

I had my surgery on 12/21 and was on the Clear liquids faithfully for 3 days. I then switched to full liquids. I was supposed to start on purée foods yesterday but I started early when I felt my stomach was grinding itself. I've been slowly introducing soft foods and have been able to tolerate some things. I've lost 10 lbs since the surgery. By starting the food types do you guys think I screwed up my weight loss? Should I have lost more by now?

Sent from my iPhone

I had my surgery on 12/21 and was on the Clear Liquids faithfully for 3 days. I then switched to full liquids. I was supposed to start on purée foods yesterday but I started early when I felt my stomach was grinding itself. I've been slowly introducing soft foods and have been able to tolerate some things. I've lost 10 lbs since the surgery. By starting the food types do you guys think I screwed up my weight loss? Should I have lost more by now?

Sent from my iPhone

Everybody's weight loss is different, seems like you are doing pretty good.

Is the way of life forever? Will I ever be able to go out to eat with my family...2oz at a setting sucks! I know I'll be happy when I'm a size 6 and not a 16 but I'm guessing this way of eating is my new life..

post-306028-14832259199937_thumb.jpg

Lol! I feel the same way, but from friends that I know that have been sleeved, they eat regular food, just not as much

Is the way of life forever? Will I ever be able to go out to eat with my family...2oz at a setting sucks! I know I'll be happy when I'm a size 6 and not a 16 but I'm guessing this way of eating is my new life..

My Mom had the bypass 4 years ago. She eats more the 2oz and her stomach is smaller than the sleeved. You Would be able to go to Out and eat. Your stomach is not heal yet. Be strong!!

I was sleeved December 7th but I'm currently 3 weeks into my pureed stage and i actually like it. I was started a bit earlier than other people for specific reasons. I LOVE pureed eggs lol. They are so yummy and are one of the two foods that got me through the past few weeks. My doctor's plan for pureed stage allowed scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, hummus, refried Beans, and creamy Soups. He also gave me the go ahead to eat string cheese, but i bite into it. I do not handle soups well so i stick to what i like.

For the person who said they can't do pureed eggs, it's really simple. My mom makes me a soft boiled egg and then she purees it in the blender with a laughing cow wedge and a sprinkle of black pepper. It comes out delicious and i love it. Comes out to 2.1 oz or so (i weigh everything), but i can usually eat only half. I absolutely love the laughing cow cheese, and i think it can be a major helper to anyone's diet. They have like 10 flavors and i'm sure there's something for everyone. My favorites are french onion, light swiss, white cheddar, and spicy pepper jack. All delicious with an egg.

You can also mix and match, depending on how your tummy handles certain foods. I sometimes mix my egg with hummus, or salsa, or fava Beans, or refried beans with salsa...and so on.

I have followed my surgeon's instructions to the letter and have really enjoyed this stage. Much better than liquids for me. And since i've been doing so well, he gave me the green light to start trying soft foods on Wednesday. tuna, salmon, tilapia, crab meat, and shrimp....can't wait!

It's definitely a process, and sometimes it can be frustrating, but if you can find a way to make something you'll like and stick with it, it will go by quickly. :)

Edited by CeruleanSkye

I went from clear liquids to full liquids then puree'. So I made bone broth at first, then blended the beef in the broth.< /p>

I used a stick blender to smooth out beef and chicken Soups and stews so I had all the taste of food but no lumps. I made batches and froze it in ice cube trays. Perfect size cubes.

I drizzled greek yoghurt over sugarfree Jello (jelly here) for a taste of sweet.

Honestly, four weeks is nothing following such a big surgery.

You will be eating differently for life. You will adapt. I have learned how to sit with my family and appear to eat normally. I know what I can eat and can't so I put a variety on my plate then just eat tiny bites at a time.

Luckily my five year old granddaughter eats slowly too! Although she eats lots more than me.

I could never tolerate any of the listed soft, puree' foods on my plan. Mash potato, baked potato, cottage cheese etc, none of it worked for me so don't go out and buy lots of stuff.

Just try small bits of things each week.

I started puréed foods today. I had a soft scrambled egg this morning out with family to Celebrate the new year. I smoothed so there were no large chunks and began eating. I had about half the egg when I felt a little pressure. Following my class notes I put my fork down and asked the waiter to take my plate...I was done. Success! I soaked Beans over the weekend to have puréed bean Soup, also some chicken and tuna salad. I am looking for other recipes to go through this stage. The more I can find the easier this stage will be.