Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good afternoon, everyone! So my surgery is scheduled for this Friday, December 23, at 7:15 am. Yes, I have to be up bright and early for my surgery!

My darling husband was supposed to have the day off to be at the hospital with me. However, due to some unfortunate circumstances at work that I won't even get into, he now has to go in that morning. He's upset, and I'm a little nervous. My mom will be there, so I won't be alone. But here's my question: How long did it take most of you from being wheeled back to waking up? Wondering if he might get there before I'm even awake.

My surgery was at 8:00 and I was in my room by 1pm watching tv. Don't know how long surgery was or how long recovery room was. Had a large hiatal hernia repair along with my sleeve. I am single and the friend that took me stayed until I got to my room and then I sent her home. All I did was sleep, watch tv, and walk. Mostly slept and didn't need anyone there.

@@suzzzzz So about 5 hours til you got a room. Will probably be a bit less for me since I don't have a hernia. I know I won't "need" anyone there, but my husband insists on staying with me. He's a nervous nelly, and his presence makes me feel better anyway.

You're a more patient woman than I. The last thing I want if I'm groggy, tired and uncomfortable is a "nervous nelly" around. I'd throw him out. Come to think of it, there are very few people I want near me when I'm not feeling well -- only the ones who have your degree of patience.

As to your question, I'm no help as I don't remember. You'll be fine, though.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I think every case varies... it will depend on you and when u wake up in recovery as well as how your doing during recovery before they transfer to your room. The procedure itself is only 30mins. I had to be at the hospital at 6 am, but my surgery did not begin until 9 am. Unfortunately in my case my husband was in Europe for work. If your mother is there with you, you'll b ok. The time you will need your husband is after fact for walking in which ull have to get up every 2 hours based on Dr. Orders. For the most part you'll be sleeping.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My husband dropped me off in the morning then had to attend to the kids. He came back while I was in recovery but I don't really remember. from there I was on my own and just fine. Lots of sleep and walking. He came back the next day to pick me up.

My experience was similar to Rebecca66. I had my surgery at 7:20am. I was out of it most of the day. The only bad experience I had was a bad reaction to the pain meds. Throwing up nothing hurts like hell. Couldn't get them to change my pain meds until 2am. After that I got some real sleep and was out the next day. My husband had to attend to the kids too so I didn't see him until I was ready to be discharged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I think I got called back to prep for surgery at 9:30am and I know I was awake in the recovery area before 1:00pm. Now it took until after 10:00pm for me to get an actual room - long story but the person whose room I was supposed to take ended up not getting discharged that day.

My surgery was at 9am and I was in my room by 12. First day was mainly sleeping and being woke up about every 2 hours to take meds or walk. I visited with my wife and enjoyed the company. So far everything is going well. Very little pain. liquid diet is tolerable and will start pureed foods Friday.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App