Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else finding that when they eat meat it just makes you feel uncomfortable I may be switching to a vegan ... when I eat meat (chicken turkey steak ground beef burgers even white fish) I feel SO full after few minutes of eating that it become uncomfortable and I need a time out

Veggies Soups sauces cheeses and fruits feel great ???? I'll be eating much less meat and trying to drink my Protein as much as I can

Also I've completely fallen IN L O V E with spaghetti squash it's been my life saver

I make it with light alfredo sauce or garlic red sauce it is sooooo Delish!!

lol thanks for reading !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

meat is a dense Protein so it will make you feel fuller. I have found that I can eat more fish, then turkey. Less of chicken and beef. I work on going very slow and the reward is that I feel full and satisfied much longer than with veggies or other foods. We all have to find what works for us.

Hey girl, I'm almost two months out and at the soft food stage. I still am having a hard time with meat but I have found other alternatives. I have been getting tofu and veggie burger patties along with the other meat alternative. Look in the frozen section at the grocery store and they have a ton! I read that some people just can't tolerate meat that well after surgery but eventually you will be able to. As long as you are getting your Protein you will be good.

Agree, some doctors have a stage for plant base during Proteins before introducing meat at a later stage. They recommend Beans for Protein.< /p>

I had to have my gallbladder taken out last week because i wasn't able to keep anything down, I noticed since I've been home that I can actually eat now but anytime I've tried actual meat it makes my tummy hurt and feel like there is a lot of pressure. So the meat alternatives have been a savior. Plus they are super quick to do and easy portions.

I think I would shoot myself if I had trouble with meat!

Yep me

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I think I would shoot myself if I had trouble with meat!

Yeah, me too. During pre-op, I think they were messing with me on purpose, telling me I might not like beef anymore, or smoked meat, or bacon, blah blah blah. I was worried I might turn into a vegetarian, start wearing Birkenstocks, and buy a Prius. None of that happened.

Does it really cause you pain, or do you just feel really full? Early in my soft food phase, I would get full very quickly. One more bite, and I was uncomfortably full. And I mean literally, one bite would do it. As time progressed, I was able to eat more, but I can still cross that line between full and uncomfortable if I do not pace myself and pay attention.

meat took a while, especially beef. It made me uncomfortably full. I could only handle a bite or two for several months post op, and it was more than six months before I could eat any form of beef. Fish wasn't a problem, though.

Good luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

I have some trouble with meat. Many types don't feel well at all. What does work for me is very, very good quality red meat that is super tender. Also, fish that isn't cooked too dry. I love sashimi. Moist, soft meats are tolerable. chicken is hit or miss depending on the dryness. Rotisserie chicken is usually ok.

Putting meat in the slow cooker for a few hours seems to work on just about any meat. Add broth and spices, etc.

Early on, meat did NOT sit well in my sleeve, even when it was moist and shredded. I grew up vegetarian so vegetable Protein (TVP) was something I was already used to. I ordered some meat substitute products I was familiar with off of Amazon and found that they actually sat VERY well on my sleeve (Loma Linda canned products). Now everything but steak sits pretty well, but some days my sleeve is being a little tetchy and I'll still break out a Loma Linda Big Frank instead because I know it will be well tolerated.

Play around with different Protein sources and find out what your sleeve likes.