Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't need anything other than my wife! Perfect to cuddle with. Excellent massage. Helped me look for Soup and something other than Water to drink at the airport. Wouldn't let me carry my backpack... Yep, she was all I needed!

I didn't need anything other than my wife! Perfect to cuddle with. Excellent massage. Helped me look for Soup and something other than Water to drink at the airport. Wouldn't let me carry my backpack... Yep, she was all I needed!

I don't have a significant other that can be there for me sadly

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Give it time. As your body transforms suddenly you will be more "noticeable".

I didn't need anything other than my wife! Perfect to cuddle with. Excellent massage. Helped me look for soup and something other than Water to drink at the airport. Wouldn't let me carry my backpack... Yep, she was all I needed!

Sad but true.

I didn't need anything other than my wife! Perfect to cuddle with. Excellent massage. Helped me look for soup and something other than Water to drink at the airport. Wouldn't let me carry my backpack... Yep, she was all I needed!

Sad but true.
I didn't say I didn't have a significant other... He just can't be here for me for this.

Wedge pillow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Wedge Pillow for the hospital?

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

No, I bought one from Amazon. I still use it every night. I love this thing hehe.

https://www.amazon.com/InteVision-Wedge-Pillow-Quality-Removable/dp/B009HHLBKK

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Immediately right after, like the first and 2nd day: morphine and Tordol helped me with my pain.

In MY case, I didn't have much pain after that, except at the one incision. (Where they pulled the stomach out)

The only 'pain' after that was the extreme bloated and gas pain discomfort. GasX strips ease that for me some.

I thought that I was going to have a hard time getting my liquids down, or that something might be wrong, because it took me HOURS just to get 1 .oz of anything down.

I just woke up at 3:16 am and drank 1 full .oz of Gatorade within 15 minutes! BIG accomplishment for me right now.

I just looks like it is going to take a little more time.

But again as far as pain, after day 2 I really didn't have anymore pain!

(Just like the above, I sleep in a recliner as well. It's easier than a bed for me right now)

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by olivejuice

@@Babbs I'm assuming theyll make me do the same to keep blood clots at bay, I'm feeling lucky that I'll be in a private surgical center but dreading those walks. I don't think I'd be here if it weren't for the truck that hit me.

It took a little longer for me to full wake from the anesthesia (9 am surgery, didn't get out of bed until 7pm) but once I forced myself to get up I did 5 laps immediately.

I tried to keep my minimum of 5.

WALKING HELPED A LOT!!!!!!!

It does help, thank you. I have my surgery Jan 3, 17 so I'm trying my best to get everything I néed before hand because my brother will be my partial caregiver, then the other half I'm on my own. We're you able to take care of yourself or did you need help? I weigh a lot 500 so I can't walk well at all and not sure how easy it will be for me to get out of my recliner due to abdominal incisions. Recommendations, I'd love it since you are so new out.

Getting up from a seated position was pretty bad for me. Remember to rely more on your arms to move you around.

I managed recovery alone, for the most part.

It does help, thank you. I have my surgery Jan 3, 17 so I'm trying my best to get everything I néed before hand because my brother will be my partial caregiver, then the other half I'm on my own. We're you able to take care of yourself or did you need help? I weigh a lot 500 so I can't walk well at all and not sure how easy it will be for me to get out of my recliner due to abdominal incisions. Recommendations, I'd love it since you are so new out.

Not sure who you meant, teajayteejay, but I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I was 300 lbs at the time of surgery.

Went in this Monday Dec 5th and was discharged the next day at around 4pm.

The rest of that day and the following day I did ask for some help to get up.

I probably could have done it on my own but I still wanted help.

Yesterday and today I'm not asking for help.

I get up on my own but use one hand to hold the one incision spot because that hurts so much.

I completely take my time and I'm not rushing it.

My gf keeps asking if I want help and I keep saying no.

I tried using a cane that I keep handy for when my back would go out, but that didn't help me so much but maybe it would you.

I use my left arm/hand to hold my incision and my right pushes on the recliner to get me up.

Edited by olivejuice

All this advice does help. It seems I'll be able to function mostly on my own, good to know. I'm pretty independent. My concern is going to the restroom and showering with the drain I'll have.

Did any of you have a drain? Was that area painful or a pain to deal with?

I'm in Mexico in my second day out of surgery. My music on my phone has been great, or ear plugs. I am back at my hotel, so being able to walk the floors help

I didn't have a drain so I have no issue showering.

How long do you have to wear it?

Can you take a sponge bath/sink bath instead until it comes out?

Edited by olivejuice