Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

started liquid diet

bananashake---thanks so much. ur words help! im soooooo picky tho. i have a bunch of diff flavored stuff. at this point, im starting to think its more of a mental challenge. i went food shopping w my husband tonight n cried bc everyone was getting food they like n i put nothing but broth n liquids on register belt. with technology these days, why do they make u suffer?? do u have any recipes for shakes u can share? the stuff my dr told me i can drink is nasty: Isopure, purr Protein, muscle milk. yuck!!

any suggestions? im going bananas over here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

hi NIGHT!!! yes, Philly it is for Aj! good guess ... couldnt think of anything else

Hey we are Philly buddies!!!

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App

I gained 70 pounds in about a year and half with undiagnosed hypothyroidism. After it was diagnosed and I started treatment, I thought the pounds would melt off. Wrong!

I've been trying for nearly ten years now to lose this weight. I did four months of boot camp, two years of personal training including a year and half of private personal training four months out from a rough c-section. My trainers were young and hot and I was sleep deprived (baby), sore, sweaty and fat and embarrassed, but I soldiered on three times a week, 60 minutes, for 18months. And I went to all my sessions (too expensive not to)!

I've skipped social events at my son's preschool, avoided my extroverted husband's dinners with friends, avoided fun, big city goings-ons, I don't even like to walk around my own neighborhood like this. The people in my life love me as I am, but I do not, and my weight has impacted those relationships because it bothers me. My size is never not on my mind. I could go on and on, this is just the tip of the iceberg, but if your weight is holding you back, I probably don't have to. Anyway, my world is very, very small now, and it's because of my weight.

I figure I've gone through ten years of hell already, another two weeks isn't going to kill me.

I gained 70 pounds in about a year and half with undiagnosed hypothyroidism. After it was diagnosed and I started treatment, I thought the pounds would melt off. Wrong!

I've been trying for nearly ten years now to lose this weight. I did four months of boot camp, two years of personal training including a year and half of private personal training four months out from a rough c-section. My trainers were young and hot and I was sleep deprived (baby), sore, sweaty and fat and embarrassed, but I soldiered on three times a week, 60 minutes, for 18months. And I went to all my sessions (too expensive not to)!

I've skipped social events at my son's preschool, avoided my extroverted husband's dinners with friends, avoided fun, big city goings-ons, I don't even like to walk around my own neighborhood like this. The people in my life love me as I am, but I do not, and my weight has impacted those relationships because it bothers me. My size is never not on my mind. I could go on and on, this is just the tip of the iceberg, but if your weight is holding you back, I probably don't have to. Anyway, my world is very, very small now, and it's because of my weight.

I figure I've gone through ten years of hell already, another two weeks isn't going to kill me.

That's how I look at it. I've been dealing with self esteem and health issues for years. I can do a two week liquid diet along with surgery! It's all a mental game.

sill21----thanks! it really is hard. not even hungry, just depressed and feel deprived. is surgery worth it? or should i give up now???

I haven't had surgery yet. My date is the 16th of December. I'm on day 6 of my liquid diet. Do not give up! Read success stories every time you want to give up. I suggest premier Protein. Best tasting shake by far.

AC3----ur date is sooooo close!!! im grumpy too!

I hate this lmao I can't function at all. I'm soooo hungry and I have horrible headaches. Idk how people can do it two weeks.

PhillyAj,

No, no I wasn't sharing that for sympathy, I was trying to help you, or others, who are struggling with this liquid diet, to help you keep it in perspective. I'm having this done and I am not looking back. There's nothing that tastes good enough for me to say "You know I was wrong, this is totally worth being fat for the rest of my life."

I hasten to add, any of you on liquids who truly feel like you just cannot do the liquid diet -- CALL your DOCTOR. They *might* permit you to have a small bit of something, but I guarantee it isn't going to be something very exciting. You -might-be allowed, once, a piece of plain, lean chicken breast prepared at home, or poached fish with no oil or anything like that. You are not going to be permitted to have bread, breading, or a fry from someone else's plate, or sweets or pizza or something. It can't hurt to ask. But it can hurt not to ask.

The right way to do it is to call and tell them you are struggling with the diet. They may say just tough it out, or drink more Water, or they may say you can have a few steamed carrots. They might give you the number of a support person.

I personally cannot imagine living with myself if I flubbed this diet. I have to have this surgery.

Bananashake-I understand. I appreciate ur words of encouragement. Thank you. I just think im mentally hungry, which i will overcome. I totally dont want to cheat! I cant come this far and risk a fatty liver during surgery. Its not forever, rt? I need to change my habits, why not start now? I will admit, the 2 wk pre-op liquid diet has been the hardest part of this journey, for me. I do want to lose 200 lbs-i just have to stay positive!

Sent from my iPhone

PhillyAj, exactly! You're totally on the right track. And yes, God, is it ever a mental challenge.

I just read a book about the sleeve and the author said that most sleevers find this preop diet to be the hardest part of the entire sleeving process.

We both started at about the same time, so we're almost 1/3 through anyway-- we don't have two weeks to go anymore.