Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water and gastric sleeve

????????????????

Sent from my SM-N910G using the BariatricPal App

You will get used to it. My nutritionist says I can drink up to 15 minutes before eating if it does not fill me up so I can't eat the meal. It is a habit and after a while it becomes second nature.

I wait to drink after I eat but not before. Why does your surgeon want you to spend 3-4 hours a day not taking in any fluids?

Seriously? Because if you drink after you eat you will flush the food into your intestines and make room in your stomach for more food. This will eventually lead to regaining the weight you worked so hard to lose.

But what about BEFORE you eat?

The 30 minute wait will stop you from pushing you Protein calories straight out therefore getting your body no benefits! You will now eating small amounts and your body needs to absorb digest and feed you. If your drinking along with your food because its such a small amount it needs at least 30 minutes to feed your body before it's pushed from your sleeve . I started training myself to wait 30 minutes during pre-op so it becomes natural. Soon it will be standard or normal to you too. Relax give it time it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wait to drink after I eat but not before. Why does your surgeon want you to spend 3-4 hours a day not taking in any fluids?

Seriously? Because if you drink after you eat you will flush the food into your intestines and make room in your stomach for more food. This will eventually lead to regaining the weight you worked so hard to lose.

I think you are being purposely obtuse. Ask your doctor.

I drink rite the way up till I eat then after I eat I wait 30 min it has been so much easier I use to wait before and after my surgeon said not needed to wait before it has been a game changer for me I can now get more fluids in.

Sent from my iPhone

I think you are being purposely obtuse. Ask your doctor.

My surgeon doesn't require I wait to drink Water BEFORE I start eating.

I'm not being obtuse. You just didn't answer my question.

I was sleeved on the 7th Nov 2016, I'm doing great, weighing myself weekly, "trying" to get my Protein and Water up, I didn't realise how hard it would be! Although I must admit that waiting 1/2 hr before and after foods to have Water is REALLY hard and starting to annoy me a little. Does anyone know how long I need to keep doing this??

Thanks, Sanaa

sanaa

For me, not so much before, but after, I need to wait at least a half hour or everything I ate will come back up. I try not to drink RIGHT before I am about to eat only because I don't have enough room for food. And I do so like food.

I am quite a ways out and I still have to wait. I'd say it's a lifetime thang, baby. Welcome to your new habit. You get used to it, especially if you hate vomiting.