Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having or had a sleeve weighing 200lbs? SD 14/05/17

I was 245 in early July b4 I even attended the seminar. When I went for my 1st appt I was down to 236 and as of today I'm 224. In total Iost 21 lbs but from my surgeons stand point Iost 12 lbs since they are going based on what my weight was at my 1st appt and not b4. I'm just so focused on eating right and doing all I need to do b4 my surgery on Jan 30th. My goal weight is 155 and I know I will achieve it and maintain it .

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

My BIN is 35. I also have a mild case of heart disease , high blood pressure and the beginning level of diabetes which is the reason I decided to do the surgery after I had done all of my research these past 8 months despite my cardiologist and PCP reccommanding it to me last year. So I know I made the right choice.

BMI I meant.

I was sleeved on the 5th October with a BMI or 30.8. I now have a BMI of 27. Getting close to normal. It's been quite straightforward so far and the fear was the worst bit. I'm a Brit living in Singapore, but the doctors/ hospitals here are fantastic. I self paid. I would say go ahead and don't listen to the naysayers. Only thing is, have you spoken to previous British patients from your doc. I'd insist on this. It will help you know what to expect. Be sure you will get the right after care if any issues. Good luck with your surgery ps there are some low BMI chats on here you may want to follow.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My BMI is 33 and I am 5'4, 195 lbs and will be getting sleeved on December 6 in Mexico. I have juggled back and forth with my weight my whole life but was finally 134lbs 4 years ago. Then I became pregnant and gained close to 90 pounds. I've tried to lose the weight in so many ways, but as soon as I lose 20 pounds, I gain it back a month later. It is so depressing, stressful and overwhelming to constantly be thinking about your weight. I feel so heavy and uncomfortable in my own body and I've finally decided to do something permanent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on the 5th October with a BMI or 30.8. I now have a BMI of 27. Getting close to normal. It's been quite straightforward so far and the fear was the worst bit. I'm a Brit living in Singapore, but the doctors/ hospitals here are fantastic. I self paid. I would say go ahead and don't listen to the naysayers. Only thing is, have you spoken to previous British patients from your doc. I'd insist on this. It will help you know what to expect. Be sure you will get the right after care if any issues. Good luck with your surgery ps there are some low BMI chats on here you may want to follow.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thanks so much for your reply and useful information.

Have a great day xxxx????

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

My BMI is 33 and I am 5'4, 195 lbs and will be getting sleeved on December 6 in Mexico. I have juggled back and forth with my weight my whole life but was finally 134lbs 4 years ago. Then I became pregnant and gained close to 90 pounds. I've tried to lose the weight in so many ways, but as soon as I lose 20 pounds, I gain it back a month later. It is so depressing, stressful and overwhelming to constantly be thinking about your weight. I feel so heavy and uncomfortable in my own body and I've finally decided to do something permanent.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Hi thanks so much for your reply.

This sounds so similar to me. I send you all the luck in the world for turning sleeve on the 6th. Keep me posted.

Take care have a great day xx

I'm in the same boat, I weigh 213 but have many medical issues so having the sleeve will help me with reducing my high cholesterol , my sleep apnea, etc. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for your reply.

Good luck to you too ♡ keep me posted ????xxx

Hi there!

i was supposed to have surgery five years ago. I'm 5'4, and at the time, I was 19 and 220. The surgery was stopped by circumstances outside my control. Here I am, 24 and 40 pounds heavier, and I WISH surgery had happened for me five years ago!! DO IT GIRL. Get it done, and do it for YOU. I'm aiming for a Jan/Feb surgery this time around, and short of a personal or physical catastrophe, God forbid, nothing's getting in my way this time!!

Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision! :)

Hi there!

i was supposed to have surgery five years ago. I'm 5'4, and at the time, I was 19 and 220. The surgery was stopped by circumstances outside my control. Here I am, 24 and 40 pounds heavier, and I WISH surgery had happened for me five years ago!! DO IT GIRL. Get it done, and do it for YOU. I'm aiming for a Jan/Feb surgery this time around, and short of a personal or physical catastrophe, God forbid, nothing's getting in my way this time!!

Good luck, and keep us posted on your decision! :)

Hey,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I really hope it happens for you this time. I'm scheduled to have mine done Feb 14th February. I'm so scared and excited at the same time!!

Keep me posted. Will be lovely to do the journey together xxx

I'm starting at 223, have to lose 12lbs to get approval, so around surgery time I should be around the 210 (or less) mark.

Hi! I was 210 when I first started the process, bmi 35. I was 192 on day of surgery and I'm 171 today. Today is 11 weeks since surgery, so I've lost 21 pounds since surgery, and 39 over all. I'm so glad I did this. No regrets at all. I'm currently at a weight that is close to the lowest I've ever been as an adult, and that was just for a minute. It's weird to think I'm close to being smaller than I've ever been. I wear a 12 now and I have never bought anything smaller than a 12, even as a teenager. It's exciting!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there are any sleevers out there having or had surgery done weighing 200lbs and if so, did you lose much from it?

I'm so so scared. I've read loads of good stories on here thank God, but the very few people I have told are really against my decision. My husband is half and half about it. He is paying for my surgery but he is ready to bail at any given moment due to outside influences. I've battled with my weight my whole entire life. Even at the age of 6 I weighed 8 stone. (112lbs) this is the smallest I've been in my whole adult life, but it's coming back and fast!! So I feel this is my last attempt at making myself happy. I know weight loss isn't a magic cure to make you happy, but I'm fortunate enough to have all I want and need, except for being able to look in the mirror without crying and not wearing the clothes I want to wear!

Thanks to anyone that reads.

Have a great day

xxxx

Hi Rachel,

I'm 206 at 5'6. I've been feeling the exact same way, wondering how much I'd lose and would this huge surgery be worth it. I've told no one but my husband, he's very supportive but doesn't truly understand the struggle. I so appreciate your post and all the replies. My surgery is in 2 days! Dec 13th.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using the BariatricPal App