Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having or had a sleeve weighing 200lbs? SD 14/05/17

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there are any sleevers out there having or had surgery done weighing 200lbs and if so, did you lose much from it?

I'm so so scared. I've read loads of good stories on here thank God, but the very few people I have told are really against my decision. My husband is half and half about it. He is paying for my surgery but he is ready to bail at any given moment due to outside influences. I've battled with my weight my whole entire life. Even at the age of 6 I weighed 8 stone. (112lbs) this is the smallest I've been in my whole adult life, but it's coming back and fast!! So I feel this is my last attempt at making myself happy. I know weight loss isn't a magic cure to make you happy, but I'm fortunate enough to have all I want and need, except for being able to look in the mirror without crying and not wearing the clothes I want to wear!

Thanks to anyone that reads.

Have a great day

xxxx

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

I weight 228 and I am having the sleeve done on Jan 30th. Before I started the process I weigh 245 and that was in June . I went for the seminar in July and my first actual appt was in August when I was weigh in at 236.6 and now I weight 228.6 plus I'm doing it for health reasons despite trying to lose weight on my own.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

I went in at just over 200 lbs., at the end of August. I am three months out and down 40+ lbs. REALLY nothing to be afraid of! There is some discomfort and nausea initially, but it will pass quickly. I was traveling internationally at 3 weeks out and shopped this past weekend for sizes 8 and 10. I am wearing a small in some clothing, and feeling fantastic about myself in the first time in, well, forever. I still have 20-25 lbs to go, but am confident that I will get there in due time.

You can do it, without fear. Go, girl!

I went in at just over 200 lbs., at the end of August. I am three months out and down 40+ lbs. REALLY nothing to be afraid of! There is some discomfort and nausea initially, but it will pass quickly. I was traveling internationally at 3 weeks out and shopped this past weekend for sizes 8 and 10. I am wearing a small in some clothing, and feeling fantastic about myself in the first time in, well, forever. I still have 20-25 lbs to go, but am confident that I will get there in due time.

You can do it, without fear. Go, girl!

Oh I love you right about now.

Good for you, I'm so pleased for you. You have most definitely brightened up my day.

Thanks for your reply.

Have a great day and wow size 8!!!

I'm so excited now xxx

Hi, was sleeved October 2015(13 months ago).

Start weight 95kilos (209 pounds)

Today I weigh 73kilos(160pounds)

Started with bmi 35

To date bmi=25

Best decision I've ever made for myself.

I'm the healthiest I've ever been. I feel so much better about myself!

Although my weight loss is slow,I'm still determined to reach my target goal (another 15-20 kilos).

I've stopped crying when I look at myself in the mirror!

I'm 44 yrs old & after I had my kids I gave up on looking after myself & spirallled out of control with my diet, foods & health...

This surgery has made me look at my life but more importantly, made me look at myself in a whole different way.

I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror...

I look at the "old" me in photos & know that I never want to be or look that way ever again!!

I've reclaimed my life again.

Mentally , it's made me stronger.

I've worked hard the past 13 months & I will never regret having the sleeve.

There have been very hard moments where I've questioned what I did, but in hind sight, I'm a happier, much healthier person & im so greatful my life's turned around.

I wish you all the very best

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Rachel79uk

Not sure how old you are but I was a pretty solid 250 forever and was living ok.. Then I got Fibromyalgia and more recently 3 yrs ago I got Lymes Disease which caused me to get arthritis and horrible mobility issues so of course I piled on weight which made it ever harder to move around.. What I'm saying is.. I wish I had done it way back when I was younger and thinner!

Munky

Hi, was sleeved October 2015(13 months ago).

Start weight 95kilos (209 pounds)

Today I weigh 73kilos(160pounds)

Started with bmi 35

To date bmi=25

Best decision I've ever made for myself.

I'm the healthiest I've ever been. I feel so much better about myself!

Although my weight loss is slow,I'm still determined to reach my target goal (another 15-20 kilos).

I've stopped crying when I look at myself in the mirror!

I'm 44 yrs old & after I had my kids I gave up on looking after myself & spirallled out of control with my diet, foods & health...

This surgery has made me look at my life but more importantly, made me look at myself in a whole different way.

I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror...

I look at the "old" me in photos & know that I never want to be or look that way ever again!!

I've reclaimed my life again.

Mentally , it's made me stronger.

I've worked hard the past 13 months & I will never regret having the sleeve.

There have been very hard moments where I've questioned what I did, but in hind sight, I'm a happier, much healthier person & im so greatful my life's turned around.

I wish you all the very best

Hi Rose,

Thank you so much for your response.

So many people are against me with this, but I'm so miserable.

I do have a few health problems and so this will help, but I have to be honest, I'm doing this for my own reasons of how I look mostly.

That feeling of looking in a mirror and being ok!! Wow that must feel great.

I'm so pleased for you and I'm so happy I'm actually doing it now.

Have a great day and again thank you.

Take care xxxx

Until people have walked in your shoes, they'll never understand what you've gone thru & what you continue to go thru in your life.

I'm very proud of myself, for having the courage to do something for myself & for making a massive difference to my life .

You go girl!!!

Do what makes you happy & live life with no regrets.

Take care

@@Rachel79uk

Not sure how old you are but I was a pretty solid 250 forever and was living ok.. Then I got Fibromyalgia and more recently 3 yrs ago I got Lymes Disease which caused me to get arthritis and horrible mobility issues so of course I piled on weight which made it ever harder to move around.. What I'm saying is.. I wish I had done it way back when I was younger and thinner!

Munky

Ahh bless you.

I have arthritis but not horrific.

I'm so grateful for your reply.

It's making me feel so so much better for getting it done.

Diabetes is absolutely rife in my family too.

Thanks so much . Have a great day and take care xxxx

@@Rachel79uk

Munky

I'm 37 xxx

Until people have walked in your shoes, they'll never understand what you've gone thru & what you continue to go thru in your life.

I'm very proud of myself, for having the courage to do something for myself & for making a massive difference to my life .

You go girl!!!

Do what makes you happy & live life with no regrets.

Take care

Ahh thank you so much. And you're so right. We all have different thoughts and battles we are going through. I love in the UK and having it done in the Czech Republic as it's too expensive here. So kinds of scared of that I think.

But it is what it is and I need to man up and think of why I'm doing this ♡♡ thanks again for your fabulous words of wisdom xxx