Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on November 14th and I'm having so much trouble because I just keep thinking of all the things I want to eat but can't or won't be able to for a while. I'm tired or broth and almost can't even stand the smell of it . Trying to get in my Protein shake but am barely able to get 1 down a day. Any tips for liquid stage?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Stay hydrated I ended up really enjoying crystal light initially and now plain old Water does the trick. Jello & sugar free popsicles if they are on your plan. Clear liquid phase turned me into a crabby b*tch it's tough but all you can do is muscle through. You got this- keep your eye on the prize.

it is a crazy tough stage but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't last that long. You really do have to power through it. The sugar free popsicles were a major help for me immediately post op - satisfied the need to chew as I crunched on the ice before it melted. At 4 days out - really focus on your fluids (protein is important, but dehydration will land you back in the hospital on IV fluids and nobody wants that!). Think of it as your job - because for the first few weeks, meeting Fluid and Protein goals is your job, your only job. It took me until about day 5 or 6 after surgery to meet my fluid goal - almost over night it became so much easier to get fluids in. But initially i was sipping for what seemed like constantly from 6:30am until midnight to try to meet fluid goals. It was a chore. And then focus on protein - it is important for healing as well as general health - I know a lot of people don't like the shakes but think of it as a prescription you have to take instead of a meal to enjoy.

Powerade zero and sf Popsicles were my go to.

Try different shakes. Some are better than others.

Try different temperatures with fluids. I couldn't tolerate room temp Water. Only real cold went down well as well as hot tea.

It is a full time job. Just keep sipping all day long. Have something by you at all times.

I 4 days post op too. I had cravings when I was still in hospital. But its easier now, as I can have different flavours "meals". Except broth, I have some baby food mini jars and there is a lot to choose from ( ofcurse all natural, no added suger). Currently sipping on kephir, which is liquid and high Protein.

Nov. 7th surgery day here.

I couldnt really do the Protein Shakes. I ended up mixing Protein Powder with SF/LF chocolate pudding.< /p>

Edited by MelancholyRoar

I had surgery on November 8th, trust me it is a struggle, but in reality it is a short amount of time. Have you tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup? My tastes change over so many days, so if you didn't like it before, try it again. You may surprise yourself!

Thank you all for the encouragement!

I do think a lot of it is that I want to eat certain things and I can't which is frustrating but part of the process, I know. My Protein and liquid intake is improving little by little. Hoping to move on to full liquids tomorrow, fingers crossed that goes well .

SW: 253 CW: 238 ( this is blowing my mind)

It wasn't recommended to me, to use Meal Replacements products. And when, I'm back home, I will definitely be making my own soups/blended meals.

If you can only eat very little, why not the best possible? ????

Heidicat is so right, this stage will go fast. But I too thought of it as my one job to get it all in to prevent ending up in the hospital with an IV.

I wish I was as dedicated now. I find myself so busy some days that I realize I haven't had more than 32 ounces of Water. Yikes. Must work on that every single day.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App