Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 post op - struggling

Hi guys,

I'm Day 5 post op and looking for some encouragement. I'm having a real hard time adjusting to this new stomach. I have crazy reflux; which I've never had before - it wakes me up at night. My stomach is so LOUD too. It's hard to get all my liquids and Protein in because nothing is appetizing. I think about broth and want to vomit.

I know I'm ONLY five days out, and I think it's still too early to call it buyers remorse, but I'm seriously not having a great time recouping at home.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Keep your chin up and just keep trying.

I know that my first week out I didn't come anywhere near my Protein goals. I mainly focused on fluids because my understanding was that dehydration was the big issue at they point.

Try drinking liquids at different temperatures to see which temp works best for you.

Did your doc prescribe something for the reflux/acid? If not call your surgeon and talk to them about it.

I promise you it gets better. My first two weeks sucked - but I'm two and a half months out now and it's all a distant memory.

Better things are right around the corner.

Did your doc prescribe something for the reflux/acid? If not call your surgeon and talk to them about it.

Yes I'm on once daily omeprazole and it does help a bit. My Calcium carbonate Vitamin also helps. I just hope this isn't forever because I hate waking up with fire in my chest at 3am every night.

It does usually get better... experiment with liquid temps...

You may need a different PPI bc I know with me, many years ago, I was put on prilosec and it made me more sensitive to the point that bell peppers caused burning!

After my sleeve, surgeon put me on protonix and it's been awesome.

The noisy stomach is also extremely common in the beginning.

Hold tight

Definitely keep working on the right PPI, or the right dosage of PPI. A lot of people need 40 mg of omeprazole daily, split in two doses, 20 mg at night and 20 mg in the morning. Or they need to switch to a different PPI entirely. Keep in touch with your medical team and don't believe you have to expect daily/nightly reflux as your new reality. Good luck!

I was miserable at first. It got better and easier. But I thought I was going to regret it. I'm now 5 months out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

How do you like a comment?? I'm new here and I'm newly sleeved ! Got sleeved November 3, 2016 !!

If you're in the app, tap and hold on the comment text, then a bar should appear that gives you options and "like" is one.

If you're on the site, the "like" button is shown in the bottom right corner (ish) of the comment.

How do you like a comment?? I'm new here and I'm newly sleeved ! Got sleeved November 3, 2016 !!

If you're in the app, tap and hold on the comment text, then a bar should appear that gives you options and "like" is one.

If you're on the site, the "like" button is shown in the bottom right corner (ish) of the comment.

Yes I'm on once daily omeprazole and it does help a bit. My Calcium carbonate Vitamin also helps. I just hope this isn't forever because I hate waking up with fire in my chest at 3am every night.

Lol. Just goes to show how different we all are. My Calcium makes me nauseous as f*ck. Actually been trying all sorts of different things and haven't found one yet I can tolerate.

It really does get better. Let us know how you are doing as the days go by.

Congratulations, hope you are feeling well. You should see like a thumbs up on the right bottom corner and click what I like or write a comment.

My journey doesn't start till Dec 7. We r here to support each othere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations, hope you are feeling well. You should see like a thumbs up on the right bottom corner and click what I like or write a comment.

Idk I don't see no thumbs up I had to do the quote thing Idk if that's right ! I like this app but I'm feeling frustrated! Also I can't put in my age or Birthday ! Idk how !!

It gets better. I had issues drinking plain Water. Always wanted to vomit. Crystal light helped out a lot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Idk I don't see no thumbs up I had to do the quote thing Idk if that's right ! I like this app but I'm feeling frustrated! Also I can't put in my age or Birthday ! Idk how !!